Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Based on the fact everyone is massively over reacting because they haven't got their shiny new toy.

A starting XI of...

DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Pogba
? ? Rashford
Martial

The 2 question marks are likely to be filled by James/Lingard and Mata/Pereira to start the season. But we've got a bunch of promising kids coming through that may or may not make the step up this year.

So comparing to last season (when Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea all just about finished above us) we've got...

A settled DDG
A much improved defence, which whilst improving on individual quality should also increase in stability which would make it even stronger.

Pogba/McTominay at the base of midfield. McTominay looks more than ready to step up and fill Herrera's shoes (whose injury coincided with our dramatic downturn in form)

Rashford/Mata/Lingard (I'm using our most experienced here for argument's sake) It's not perfect, but Lingard and Rashford suit OGS style well, and Mata adds the creativity everyone is moaning about us missing and usually plays well when central.

Martial up top, back where he has always wanted to play, and personally I believe his best position. I back him to provide a lot of goals, after seeing how he has bought into what Ole wants.

Then we've got the kids; Tuanzabe, Garner, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood. All looked impressive throughout the youth/loan last year and impressed once again on tour. We've also got a manager that appears to have a lot of hope and faith in them. They will chip in at times this year.

Sure I'd like to replace Mata with someone a bit more mobile and of a better quality, but we're certainly not doomed when you consider Chelsea are definitely worse off than last season, and Arsenal arguably are as well despite everyone gushing over Pepe (forgetting they've lost their captain and most important midfielder)

I think you'll agree we had 2 disastrous spells last season, before OGS with the annoyed one, and the end of season collapse (where it's well documented the players had nothing left in the tank) despite those 2 massive patches of terrible form the we finished 6th only just behind 3 teams by a few points.
Good post, I agree with everything. Our squad is settled and have made some very good additions. I think we're in for a decent season despite the unbelievable negativity on here. People just need to calm down.

Infestissumam

Based on the fact everyone is massively over reacting because they haven't got their shiny new toy.

A starting XI of...

DDG
McTominay Pogba
? ? Rashford
Martial

The 2 question marks are likely to be filled by James/Lingard and Mata/Pereira to start the season. But we've got a bunch of promising kids coming through that may or may not make the step up this year.

So comparing to last season (when Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea all just about finished above us) we've got...

A settled DDG
A much improved defence, which whilst improving on individual quality should also increase in stability which would make it even stronger.

Pogba/McTominay at the base of midfield. McTominay looks more than ready to step up and fill Herrera's shoes (whose injury coincided with our dramatic downturn in form)

Rashford/Mata/Lingard (I'm using our most experienced here for argument's sake) It's not perfect, but Lingard and Rashford suit OGS style well, and Mata adds the creativity everyone is moaning about us missing and usually plays well when central.

Martial up top, back where he has always wanted to play, and personally I believe his best position. I back him to provide a lot of goals, after seeing how he has bought into what Ole wants.

Then we've got the kids; Tuanzabe, Garner, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood. All looked impressive throughout the youth/loan last year and impressed once again on tour. We've also got a manager that appears to have a lot of hope and faith in them. They will chip in at times this year.

Sure I'd like to replace Mata with someone a bit more mobile and of a better quality, but we're certainly not doomed when you consider Chelsea are definitely worse off than last season, and Arsenal arguably are as well despite everyone gushing over Pepe (forgetting they've lost their captain and most important midfielder)

I think you'll agree we had 2 disastrous spells last season, before OGS with the annoyed one, and the end of season collapse (where it's well documented the players had nothing left in the tank) despite those 2 massive patches of terrible form the we finished 6th only just behind 3 teams by a few points.
finally some sense between all the overly dramatic doom and gloom whining. Well done.

RadamelFalcon

A starting XI of...

DDG
McTominay Pogba
? ? Rashford
Martial

A settled DDG

Great post but you have forgotten a certain Chilean attacker....

Amarsdd

A starting XI of...

DDG
McTominay Pogba
? ? Rashford
Martial

A settled DDG

I hope people here could see more sense. Its just non-stop negativity no matter what.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Can't actually be assed with the Mandzukic signing.
I was all for it when it was part of the Dybala offer, but to be honest, this is an insult from our club.

We go from a record signing striker (albeit didn't work out) to a 33 yr old bit part striker who'll do a decent job off the bench... #Ambition

OlesWheel

Our transfer window has been really poor, wasted so much time. Really hope Woodward gets hung by his sack. Two signings short for sure. Gonna be a long season.

Urgh, what a nightmare!

NecssryEvil

A starting XI of...

DDG
McTominay Pogba
? ? Rashford
Martial

A settled DDG

I see things much the same way and love seeing something positive. The negative vibe around here damages my calm.

I also hope we are able to see some consistent lineups so the team can build some continuity which has been lacking for years now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Inter executives/coaches celebrate and wait for Lukaku to arrive. Expected to arrive at 1am and undergo a medical on Thursday.

UnitedObsession99

So, this is going to be the 3rd summer transfer window in a row where we have failed to sell Matteo Darmian. He is going to be an unrestricted free agent next summer and I wouldn't be even surprised if sheriff Woody offers him a new contract with higher wages to make sure he wouldn't leave for free.
We still have 3 weeks to shift him after tomorrow

UnitedObsession99

Ugh, signing that nasty piece of work was only tolerable when I thought we were getting Dybala.
Agreed! Just can't be excited by a 33 year old plan B! Would rather plan B was an energy injection in the form of James and Greenwood or a bit of trikery with Gomes and Mata.

That said if the money is small, his experience could make him a useful head in the dressing room and a coach for the youngsters, something we are otherwise short on.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Agreed! Just can't be excited by a 33 year old plan B! Would rather plan B was an energy injection in the form of James and Greenwood or a bit of trikery with Gomes and Mata.

That said if the money is small, his experience could make him a useful head in the dressing room and a coach for the youngsters, something we are otherwise short on.
I'm hoping he's brought in to rest Rashford and Martial in Europa League with Gomes, Chong and Greenwood behind him

stevoc

So, this is going to be the 3rd summer transfer window in a row where we have failed to sell Matteo Darmian. He is going to be an unrestricted free agent next summer and I wouldn't be even surprised if sheriff Woody offers him a new contract with higher wages to make sure he wouldn't leave for free.
He should be leaving for free this summer. Baffling why the club triggered his extension.

Jordi

Mandzukic is a player that suits the system, he’s a stop gap for a season or two and he wants to be here. Don’t get people complaining over this one.

croadyman

No CM this window has totally gutted me and definitely feels worse than last year. I really believed Ole would get backed but sadly like previous managers he has been hung out to dry.

Will Singh

The worst thing about this window isn't the lack of buying but the lack of selling. We should have sold at least Darmian and Sanchez before getting rid of Lakuku. I'm happy with the signing but we failed to replace Herrera which will see us battle for 4th instead of comfortable top 4.

Walters_19_MuFc

Mandzukic is a player that suits the system, he’s a stop gap for a season or two and he wants to be here. Don’t get people complaining over this one.

He'd be ace as a target man striker in a 4231. Be the focal point of the team like Ibra was. Dont think he'll be first choice, but he'll certainly give us a different option. Players like James Rahsford and co. would really appreciate his hold up and link play.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
People will complain even if we sign Messi so its normal.

ManRed

The worst thing about this window isn't the lack of buying but the lack of selling. We should have sold at least Darmian and Sanchez before getting rid of Lakuku. I'm happy with the signing but we failed to replace Herrera which will see us battle for 4th instead of comfortable top 4.
There is still 3 weeks before Europe window closes. A expect a few sales to happen in this period. Darmian; Rojo/Jones etc

Walters_19_MuFc

No CM this window has totally gutted me and definitely feels worse than last year. I really believed Ole would get backed but sadly like previous managers he has been hung out to dry.
Ye we could have really done with a minimum of 4 players. We addressed the centre back, right back and to a lesser extent, right wing with James, although he's better on the left.

With Herrera and Fellaini going, we needed at least one replacement.

Still time, but looks like we're going into the season with what we currently have.

Cantonagotmehere

Ye we could have really done with a minimum of 4 players. We addressed the centre back, right back and to a lesser extent, right wing with James, although he's better on the left.

With Herrera and Fellaini going, we needed at least one replacement.

Still time, but looks like we're going into the season with what we currently have.
I will always be excited for the season, but as you pointed out, I have no freaking idea how we did not sign a midfielder. Hopefully we get a surprise at the end.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
As I suspected if true, posted the below in his individual thread hours earlier

Always hesitant to read too much into stories in the last few days if a window but while I do like Luiz I think he can be a troublesome character if he isn't a regular starter and I also think his playful character can be a negative at training that Lampard may not be willing to tolerate.

Lampard seems a down to business on the training ground type of coach and the likes of Luiz, and Hazard was the same, always come across like they are just there to have a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.