Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

Willian to Spurs was done..

Juve want a striker. If Dybala does move, do they have someone else lined up? If not, wouldnt they have contacted Lukaku?

for what little its worth, I dont think Spurs can afford Dybala, so all this is pointless.. but if it does happen, surely Lukaku would rather play for Juventus than Inter.
He has openly lauded Conte and all the reports coming out say he preferred Inter, but would still have liked a move to Juve

prateik

When are we going to spend this fabled money?

The Glazers have been here 15 years give or take and have never truly relaxed the purse strings

This is a managed decline, allowing us to stay at the minimum viable level of competitiveness to keep the owners pockets lined
Oh.. you are one of those.. never mind then..
Yeah.. #glazersout

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Nonsense. No one in their right mind will pick Spurs over us.. unless they grew up supporting Spurs.

Liverpool.. big club. won the CL. I get it. City.. best in the country. sure..
Chelsea. maybe..
Spurs? No fecking way.

They have won nothing. They arent winning anything. Just somehow finished in the top 4.

They are placeholders.. Whenever we get our shit together, they are the ones that'll drop out of the top 4.
Why do people keep saying this in this forum . Club also seems to operate with the same ideas. Spurs made the cl final , are in London playing in a great new stadium and under one of the best young managers . No one in their right mind would pick united over spurs

dove

Well it depends if you think he scored them because of his ability or because of the chances made for him. I fancy Rashford and Greenwood would have scored more with the chances Lukaku had last season. He was so wasteful and so many attacks broke down because despite his size he can’t shield the ball.
Rashford is not more clinical than Lukaku, he is maybe even more wasteful. Jury still out for Greenwood, I wouldn't expect him to score more than 5 PL goals this season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why do people keep saying this in this forum . Club also seems to operate with the same ideas. Spurs made the cl final , are in London playing in a great new stadium and under one of the best young managers . No one in their right mind would pick united over spurs
I agree with your general sentiment but the last line is bollocks.

ArjenIsM3

Nah mate, because history :wenger:

sparx99

All you can cite in favour of United is history

For a 25 year old ambitious player there is no comparison to Spurs
You’re right. Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford have 3 times the trophies Harry Kane has.

Eric's Seagull

Finished above us in the league, CL finalists, have a well-regarded manager, based in London. Think a lot of United fans are finding it difficult to accept there’s very little appeal to joining us except for money.
I agree, It seems as if Woody's only negotiating tactic is money. That should not be the case. Woody should be trying to sell the club more, at the moment we are in the sh!te, Woody should trying and sign players who are up for the challenge of making us great again. If they buy into this and make a vital contribution in doing so, the particular player has the chance to become a legend here.

Kaivalya

You say Spurs can't compete with United, but they've spent close to 200m this summer without selling anyone major yet.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
ii
I agree, It seems as if Woody's only negotiating tactic is money. That should not be the case. Woody should be trying to sell the club more, at the moment we are in the sh!te, Woody should trying and sign players who are up for the challennge of making us great again. If they buy into this and make a vital contribution in doing so, the particular player has the chance to become a legend here.
How did City become relevant under their owners?

They overcame being relatively unattractive by paying through the nose on the right players

We are so black and white at United – conflating big money with bad personalities.

No, it just so happens that we have spent big money on bad personalities, but the two are not mutually exclusive

Morpheus 7

Hard to believe we aren't even properly linked with someone. Even the media are bored of linking us to players that aren't coming:lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This whole they have won nothing argument is horrendous. Unless you are English you are unlikely to care about Fa cup or league cup . At this point of time they are the better proposition and it's not really close . With all things equal the historical achievements will put us as the better club but all things are nowhere near equal at the moment

Loony BoB

You say Spurs can't compete with United, but they've spent close to 200m this summer without selling anyone major yet.
Yeah, but they spent nothing the season before and you can bet your bollocks that Poch made it clear he'll need confirmation of big signings if he is to keep turning down Real Madrid.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
50m net spend last year. 70m or less this year. For one of the richest clubs in the world that's miserly.
And yet somehow our net spend under woodward is the highest in Europe. I’d hate for you to look up the net spend of our rivals in that time. But please keep moaning, don’t let facts get in the way.

dove

So what are United doing now? Just sitting back while watching other clubs do business?
Probably preparing typical briefings like "We have money for the right player", "Youth. Courage. Success", "Future is bright" etc etc.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Willian to Spurs was done..

Juve want a striker. If Dybala does move, do they have someone else lined up? If not, wouldnt they have contacted Lukaku?

for what little its worth, I dont think Spurs can afford Dybala, so all this is pointless.. but if it does happen, surely Lukaku would rather play for Juventus than Inter.
He supposedly wants to play for Conte and wanted to join Chelsea because of it.

Kaivalya

Yeah, but they spent nothing the season before and you can bet your bollocks that Poch made it clear he'll need confirmation of big signings if he is to keep turning down Real Madrid.
It's still a higher net spend than United across two seasons.

Kaivalya

And yet somehow our net spend under woodward is the highest in Europe. I’d hate for you to look up the net spend of our rivals in that time. But please keep moaning, don’t let facts get in the way.
Its because Chelsea and Liverpool sell better. City are miles ahead in net spend.

Arsenal have spent some 150m this summer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.