Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

11reds

I'm somewhere in the middle of the views on here.

The club has been shockingly ran, if we spent the amount of money that has been spent on transfers, wages, agent fees and the poor sales we make smartly we would be in a far better position. Think how well Wolves, Leicester and Spurs are run.

I think Maguire and wan bissaka are two good deals. They will play for the jersey. We are left in the hope that young players like greenwood and Gomez cut the mustard and that last year's purchases such as Dalot and Fred improve like lindelof last year.

I think the owners are settled on us being a top 4 team. We won't compete for the title for a long long time.

I am behind the team but the glazers and Woodward need to be targeted for the sheer pilfering of our club.

fps

It isnt a better squad than last season though.
I disagree, there is now a back 5 that is much higher quality, the young players are a year older so the expectation is they will step up. I would also hope for a better season from Fred as he is now settled, perhaps Ole has seen enough of him to say we don't need another midfielder. Sanchez will be now or never, he's not 34, there's still a chance there. The players are fitter. I would expect this to be a better squad, despite the personnel changes.

The only place I really couldn't argue it is in the loss of Lukaku and no-one to replace him.

SER19

Can we all wrap our heads around the fact that solskjaer isn't going to come out on the eve of a new season and say he's unhappy with the business and the squad at his disposal. If for no other reason than out of loyalty to his players.

When you've grasped that, you can get on with your life without sounding like a keyboard bashing nutjob.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Imagine I told you ten years ago that not only were Tottenham players turning us down but that our targets are turning us down to join Tottenham.

Raw

I cannot believe that Spurs are signing Dybala and we walked away. Makes me wonder if he was asking for the ridiculous fees previously mentioned at all?
More likely that he just doesn't want to play for a Europa League club under an unproven manager. Spurs offers CL football, a top class manager and a much more settled team not to mention living in London. No brainer.

sparx99

We have strengthened defence while weakening midfield and attack. Rebuilding is going perfectly I see. Winning something is obviously not our target, Ed & Co managed to lower our expectations so much that now TOP 4 would be seen as an achievement. And you are OK with that? Then the same people like you dare to call us "the biggest club in the world" :lol: More like biggest laughing stock in the word.
In your OPINION! Personally I think losing Fellaini and Lukaku improves our midfield and attack.

El Zoido

So players now preferring Spurs over us?

What the hell? Can't imagine they are paying for more than us either.
Finished above us in the league, CL finalists, have a well-regarded manager, based in London. Think a lot of United fans are finding it difficult to accept there’s very little appeal to joining us except for money.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
How exactly are spurs doing one over us if they sign Dybala? He didn't want to come, the club didn't agree to his (and his agents) demands, so he's moved on.

Would people rather we sign a player who's not committed and sell him on in a season like Di Maria?

Gasolin

Spurs? Really? Unbelievable Ed... but well, if he doesn't suit us, he doesn't.

Apokalips

You are entitled

We’ve made 3 signings this season, we all knew the club weren’t gonna be rebuilt in 1 window, it’s impossible.

I want players who want to play for the club and not a wage packet. If that means waiting for another couple windows then so be it.

The doom and gloom here is astounding. Just because we didnt sign 4,5,6 players we’re immediately crap.

This thread sums up the fans here perfectly

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/let’s-face-it-united-are-a-has-been-club.449540/

2 days prior he made a thread about how great we are and how amazing we’re looking to become:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/can...ebuild-new-core-is-nearing-completion.449419/

Yet because the signings weren’t made, gone from incredibly positive to incredibly negative.

The club simply cannot win
It's incredible isn't it. The hysteria online is outrageous. It's incredibly difficult to have a balanced conversation these days. It often feels like people care more about transfers than the actual football.

onemanarmy

More likely that he just doesn't want to play for a Europa League club under an unproven manager. Spurs offers CL football, a top class manager and a much more settled team not to mention living in London. No brainer.
Indeed. If you were neutral, not a Utd fan, who would you chose at the moment? I'm sure we were after him, but got rejected the moment Tottenham were in for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wow Spurs pulling off Dybala. And Sessegnon. Possibly Celso too? That would be a pretty ambitious window and statement made by them. Reckon it will well and truly put a large gap between us and them, and put them in the next tier.

Would really show us up no matter how we spin it really. We're trying to close the gap while it's managing to widen.

I wanted to to sign more players but believed we've made progress this summer as long as we're actually well managed. But obviously one of the teams you're chasing racing ahead in their transfer activity is a problem. Especially when they could sign a player who seemingly rejected us.

Needless to say I hope they only get Sessegnon.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think we'll have another shite season and lose both next summer, then have to replace them with no CL and even less commercial revenue.

Let's face it, for all the talk of youth, class of 92 etc, when teams like Wolves and Everton are spending big you HAVE TO invest big to take a forward step. I can see us getting left behind whilst peddling this philosophical nonsense about fighting for the badge.
I think the team needs alot of work. Defence, midfield and attack. We have sorted the defence, even more so if we tie down DDG. Sadly the CM and forward hasn't materialize so we are relying on players such as Mctominay, Fred, Rashford, Martial and dare I say it Sanchez to get some consistency.

I don't like what ifs so undoubtedly we are a top signing short in my opinion.

That said we all know it's not getting sorted in a season. We are feeling the repercussions of not getting top 4. If we can get it this season, or win the EL, then next summer could look totally different.

BarstoolProphet

With his Argentinian mates. Like I said earlier, it's actually understandable that he would choose Spurs over us. We are a joke, the only positives are the youngsters and that Ole tries to implement a positive football philosophy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I disagree, there is now a back 5 that is much higher quality, the young players are a year older so the expectation is they will step up. I would also hope for a better season from Fred as he is now settled, perhaps Ole has seen enough of him to say we don't need another midfielder. Sanchez will be now or never, he's not 34, there's still a chance there. The players are fitter. I would expect this to be a better squad, despite the personnel changes.

The only place I really couldn't argue it is in the loss of Lukaku and no-one to replace him.
It's all hope though isn't it. This player might step up, that player might step up. It's the hope that kills you. How is Sanchez going to be good? He hasn't even had a pre-season so we won't be seeing him for a while.

fps

It's all hope though isn't it. This player might step up, that player might step up. It's the hope that kills you. How is Sanchez going to be good? He hasn't even had a pre-season so we won't be seeing him for a while.
Yeah I nearly strained something while reaching with that one.

Infra-red

So players now preferring Spurs over us?

What the hell? Can't imagine they are paying for more than us either.
I would assume that Dybala has reduced the demands he made in negotiations with us, in order to get his move to Spurs. Looks like we have fully fallen down the pecking order now - the word is out, we are a shambles.

pacifictheme

Thing is, we agreed a fee for Dybala. It was the player himself who made it difficult by demanding extortionate wages.

Are Spurs going to break their precious wage structure for him or is he going to lower his demands?
I thought it was image rights in the end, which are owned by a third party company.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Bold Prediction: Coutinho panic stopgap loan to give us a fighting chance this season unless the kids deliver.

Infra-red

Cant understand how this going to work when he wanted to be one of our top earners yet Spurs wage structure is £200,000 per week :houllier:
Reduced his demands. He wants to join Spurs, he didn't want to join us. There's no other way they could have afforded the deal.

sparx99

I don't even know what to reply to that one. It's your opinion I guess...
I’d rather players with a first touch who want to play football on the ground. No more direct Mourinho football.

MUFC OK

If Spurs sign Dybala and we get Mandzukic that will say a lot about where the clubs are at respectively.
Why didnt we cough up for him? It's an absolute shambles that a player of his quality is going there considering their wage structure and how frugal they usually are in the market, and the quality they already have.

That's 3 teams that are so so far ahead of us in terms of quality it's laughable. We needed this signing far more than they did but guess what, they have more ambition.

FromTheBench

Finished above us in the league, CL finalists, have a well-regarded manager, based in London. Think a lot of United fans are finding it difficult to accept there’s very little appeal to joining us except for money.
They still have won nothing though. And we are still a global brand in Manchester United.

But yeah that would be a snack in the face for Woodward if it happens.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I thought it was image rights in the end, which are owned by a third party company.
I made a comment about this in another thread yesterday explaining the short version of the Dybala fiasco:

Regarding Dybala rejecting Manchester United: Dybala didn't reject Manchester United, Dybala rejected Premier League.

But most importantly, the Dybala transfer is a massively complicated mess that the club pulled out of with GOOD reason.

In short: Dybala does not own his own image rights, his agency does. And they want a pretty penny for them. To make matters way more complicated, Dybala is in a legal dispute with his former agency, Star Image who also claim ownership to the players image rights thanks to a 10 year breached contract that is currently making its way in the courts. The fact that outside agencies control his rights makes any transfer both very expensive and complicated since the costs are yet unknown to to the legal dispute. This is a HUGE issue with no good way to solve it.

The clubs 25% wage reduction for lack of CL qualification was also a step too big to bridge.

Plus 'La Joya' has been vocal about his wish to remain with Juventus.

AND the 16 MILLION Euro Agent fee which is nothing short of an outright extortion.

We should all be thankful that this deal never went through, it might have turned out worse than the Sanchez deal.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/let’s-face-it-united-are-a-has-been-club.449540/page-2#post-24518629

dove

I’d rather players with a first touch who want to play football on the ground. No more direct Mourinho football.
I would rather that as well but I don't see how losing someone who scores 1/4 of our goals without any replacement improves our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.