Let’s face it: United are a has been club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I’ve had enough of how United have been run into the ground and am here to speak openly & honestly which a lot of us are scared to admit - and that’s we’re a club of the past.

Thanks to ^that^ guy & his cronies/higher ups.

Look, I could give a rats ass about how “big” we are financially. It doesn’t mean feck all if we have nothing to show for on the pitch. And that’s been 100% the case ever since Ed has been in charge.

Myself and many others really did believe he changed for the better with promising signs this transfer window but it’s just the same old, kick in the nuts disappointment.

> we have no replacement lined up for Lukaku
> no replacement for Herrera/Fellaini
> no new starting CM and that’s without mentioning a starting RW or CDM
> no player sold

...no plan b/c everything is made up on the fly as players keep rejecting us left, right, and centre.

Can’t believe the fecking joke our club has turned into because of this clown. All we have left now is history because we know we won’t be making anytime soon. It’s unbelievably sad. The worst part is I can’t even believe how long we’ve/it’s been allowed to carry on for and after countless failures there still seems to be no end in sight.

THIS USED TO BE MANCHESTER FECKING UNITED - THE FOOTBALLING GLORY OF THE WORLD! NOW WE’RE JUST SOME FECKING AFTERTHOUGHT PAYDAY CLUB THAT HAS NO DIRECTION AND ONLY MARKETING AMBITION. WHAT IN THEE ACTUAL FECK!!!

Fecking hell just look objectively. Maybe Moyes was a problem, maybe LVG was, maybe Mourinho was, and heck maybe even Ole is. But not ALL of them could have been the problem that’s just fecking impossible. There’s one constant and it’s the ownership+Ed.

We’ve missed out on Dybala+Eriksen and the club gives out bs excuse to journalists that we “pulled the plug” on them because they didn’t want us enough. No that’s a lie. In reality the players rejected us and they make a sorry excuse to save face because they were balls deep going after them prior to them rejecting us. It shows Ed/United haven’t changed regardless of how much they want to portray it. And even if it is true, it’s too little too late as fewer and fewer players jump up at the thought of joining United. And I don’t blame them. Why would they anyways at the current state the club is in?

We’re like that person that goes last second gift shopping. No vision and pure scattergun approach. It’s why we are where we are. I love United to fecking bits but it’s a waste of time supporting them knowing it’ll be for nothing most of the time and will lead to failure with the incompetent people running it. God bless Ole and his little soul. Working around such a discombobulated support system isn’t easy - just ask all our other previous managers.
Lukaku doesn’t need replacing, he doesn’t fit into Ole’s system at all. Heck Greenwood alone will go a long way in replacing Lukaku’s 12 goals. Fellaini was surplus, Herrera will be replaced with Mctomminay starting.

You talk about scattergun approach but then bemoan that we didn’t get Dybala ffs. Dybala would have been the definition of scatter gun approach and the same old try get a superstar and shoehorn him in anywhere and hope it works tactic.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Whenever I read such a moaning self entitled crying post like this I look at the posters age as I just know they will be under 30 and unable to cope with not seeing utd win everything in sight year in year out .
Thanks. I’m going to support United like I always have. But it’s a shame knowing it’s going to be for nothing. And it’s not even about fecking winning. It just doesn’t feel like United as things are operated in a bizarre manner. There’s really no plan or big picture, they really don’t care.

Kostov

God bless our sheep like supporters who despite everything will point out how everything is not that bad. For example look at Arsenal they will tell you, or how we won some "trophies" in that time, despite being absolute shambles and failing to even get into the CL 3 out of 6 years.

No Love

Isn't this basically another Woodward thread?

I don't know but feels like I'm the only one looking forward to fooball starting this week?
Football is such a nuisance. I can’t wait until the season is over, so we can get back into the real essence of the sport - Transfer Windows.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
“A goal without a plan is just a wish”

^United in a nutshell.

But go on, pretend that everything is fine. Can’t believe people that are content with the way the club is run...
Yeah there couldn't possibly be anything in between! Either everything is magical or you're a mess of a club that will soon be fighting relegation.

ForestRGoinUp

Some of our fans actually want us to be bad so they can score more t0p red points, something which is worse than any 'entitled' fan.
Yep they bask in telling other supporters “cya” and top quality players to “feck off” if they’re not that into us at the moment. They’re happy to shrink the fan base and field a bunch of kick and run merchants so long as they all bleed red.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looks like Dybala transfer has taken the toll on OP

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Looks like Dybala transfer has taken the toll on OP
Kind of sort of.

It looked like things were changing but it’s the same old. We can easily sign a different CM (Bruno, Partey, etc) but clearly it’s not in United’s financial/marketing interest. Instead, they’d rather let our team be subpar.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I get where you're coming from. But hopefully someone else will give you a longer reply than I'm about to:

Regarding Dybala rejecting Manchester United: Dybala didn't reject Manchester United, Dybala rejected Premier League.

But most importantly, the Dybala transfer is a massively complicated mess that the club pulled out of with GOOD reason.

In short: Dybala does not own his own image rights, his agency does. And they want a pretty penny for them. To make matters way more complicated, Dybala is in a legal dispute with his former agency, Star Image who also claim ownership to the players image rights thanks to a 10 year breached contract that is currently making its way in the courts. The fact that outside agencies control his rights makes any transfer both very expensive and complicated since the costs are yet unknown to to the legal dispute. This is a HUGE issue with no good way to solve it.

The clubs 25% wage reduction for lack of CL qualification was also a step too big to bridge.

Plus 'La Joya' has been vocal about his wish to remain with Juventus.

AND the 16 MILLION Euro Agent fee which is nothing short of an outright extortion.

We should all be thankful that this deal never went through, it might have turned out worse than the Sanchez deal.

Regarding Eriksen.

Always a no starter. The player wants a new environment. Not a new club in the Premier League. He wouldnt have joined Liverpool or Mancherster City if they came asking. He only wants to go south to a new way of life while he's still in his prime.

Can’t believe the fecking joke our club has turned into because of this clown. - I'd like to make something abundantly clear here: Ed Woodward works within the contraints of the Manchester United board. He has a budget, the board approves it. The board approves big money transfers. Glazers own the Manchester United boardroom, Ed Woodward is their employee.

I happen to like Ed, he's done something we should be grateful for: Navigating the club successfully despite the Glazers riddling the club with enormous debt and still having the gall to take commission every year to the tune of £20 million pounds.

Yes I want a sporting director appointed, but people please, direct your anger where it should go, to the root cause of all our woes, the Family Glazer.

Last edited:

settembrini

This is literally the first summer since Ferguson retired that we actually seem to have a plan and yet I'm reading rubbish about how we have "No vision and pure scattergun approach".

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Kind of sort of.

It looked like things were changing but it’s the same old. We can easily sign a different CM (Bruno, Partey, etc) but clearly it’s not in United’s financial/marketing interest. Instead, they’d rather let our team be subpar.
Out of interest, we have spent more than any other club in the league this year, the last three year period and the last five year period. Only City have spent more in the last decade.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

times like this i wish i was a liverpool fan, a bad period (and worse than this) for 3x as long and every year they would come back optimistic !
When you say optimistic, you mean like the time when they believed that Charlie Adam and Jonjo Shelvey could do the job in their midfield and Glen Johnson/Skrtel were good enough at the back? Because that's not being optimistic, that's being delusional.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Out of interest, we have spent more than any other club in the league this year, the last three year period and the last five year period. Only City have spent more in the last decade.
What use is spending if there’s no coherent plan in place?

If anything it just shows the piss take these people running the club are taking.

Varun

Staff
What a load of bollocks.

I'm bloody happy that we've decided to move away from the business model where our answer to every player not wanting to come here was to stuff wads of cash down their ass till they had no choice but to say Yes. Do I wish we had dybala? Ofcourse yes but only if he actually wanted to play for us and not just because he'd have cash overflowing from every orifice because of the offer we made.

We definitely need reinforcements but they must be players who want to come here.

TrueRed79

Don't criticise or want better because you'll be labeled spoilt or entitled. The others are just apathetic and theres very little middle ground when supporting a football club. Oh and our owners are cnuts and our CEO is out of his depth. But other than that, roll on next season...

Crashoutcassius

When you say optimistic, you mean like the time when they believed that Charlie Adam and Jonjo Shelvey could do the job in their midfield and Glen Johnson/Skrtel were good enough at the back? Because that's not being optimistic, that's being delusional.
I do mean that among 19 other examples of seasons. perpetually behind the team relative to our shower

UnitedObsession99

Could this thread not have waited 28 hours, plus maybe some after that for late announcements?

I agree with much of your sentiment, albeit with a more balanced view! The standards appear to have dropped and even fans are getting caught in the 4th is good enough thinking! We were 2nd the year before last, we've spent a lot, we shouldn't be going backwards.

But equally it's a tough time for an owner. The cost of investment and thus cost of failure is massive. The return on investment has massively decreased.

However, the cost of not investing is also very high. Had we made the CL we'd be significantly richer this year and we probably could have achieved that with a CB or RW in Jan last year. Would Leicester have turned down £80m for Maguire in Jan for example and as it goes we have paid that just 6 months later anyway.

Anyway we are where we are. The investment has been on the right players and we still have a chance that the kids can win it or otherwise a last minute addition like Eriksen could entirely transform our potential.

ForestRGoinUp

What a load of bollocks.

I'm bloody happy that we've decided to move away from the business model where our answer to every player not wanting to come here was to stuff wads of cash down their ass till they had no choice but to say Yes. Do I wish we had dybala? Ofcourse yes but only if he actually wanted to play for us and not just because he'd have cash overflowing from every orifice because of the offer we made.

We definitely need reinforcements but they must be players who want to come here.
Then we better hope Ole turns into a manager they want to play for. Because at this point he clearly is not.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
What a load of bollocks.

Except we didn’t “move away” from the business model at all. Ed and United were desperate for Dybala and it only got shot down when the player clearly shot it down.

Ed just put it out there that we pulled the plug to save face. If we really moved away from that business model, we’d have signed one of the other handful of midfielders out there who would instantly start and improve the squad balance. They just choose not to. I wonder why...

Smores

Mate you're not following the script. Everything's awesome, if we don't get anyone it's because we didn't want anyone and no one rejects us ever we only reject them.

Also our teams fine it doesn't need additions but at the same time don't dare criticise Ole if we don't get top 4. It's not hos fault or Eds fault it's just part of the long term plan see and if only our spoilt fans would believe more we'd be top :drool:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What use is spending if there’s no coherent plan in place?

If anything it just shows the piss take these people running the club are taking.
This whole summer has been about a plan! We are signing younger players who desperately want to come here and have replaced two positions that needed
massively upgrading.

We have a new brand of football and formation that we seem to be playing throughout the squads based on yesterday’s game.

We are shipping out deadwood where possible. Fellaini, Valencia gone. Darmian and Rojo are CLEARLY available and we have another month.

This thread title should be “I have paid close attention to transfer rumours all summer and the press have hoodwinked me.”

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Don't criticise or want better because you'll be labeled spoilt or entitled. The others are just apathetic and theres very little middle ground when supporting a football club. Oh and our owners are cnuts and our CEO is out of his depth. But other than that, roll on next season...

Yep

Varun

Staff
Then we better hope Ole turns into a manager they want to play for. Because at this point he clearly is not.
He is our manager as of now so yes, happy for those who don't want to play for him staying put at their club.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I prefer these honest opinions rather than the head on sand stuff others come up with. We finished 6th, how anybody can laugh at somebody telling it how it is strikes me as more delusional.
It is not just that. The way the club is run, the people who take out of the club, our constant failure and not playing a major role when it comes to top football. Too many fans live in the past and there is a reason the top players didnt want to join us this summer. We used to make fun of the scousers but we are in a similar situation now

Status
Not open for further replies.