Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

You are entitled

We’ve made 3 signings this season, we all knew the club weren’t gonna be rebuilt in 1 window, it’s impossible.

I want players who want to play for the club and not a wage packet. If that means waiting for another couple windows then so be it.

The doom and gloom here is astounding. Just because we didnt sign 4,5,6 players we’re immediately crap.

This thread sums up the fans here perfectly

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/let’s-face-it-united-are-a-has-been-club.449540/

2 days prior he made a thread about how great we are and how amazing we’re looking to become:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/can...ebuild-new-core-is-nearing-completion.449419/

Yet because the signings weren’t made, gone from incredibly positive to incredibly negative.

The club simply cannot win
We have strengthened defence while weakening midfield and attack. Rebuilding is going perfectly I see. Winning something is obviously not our target, Ed & Co managed to lower our expectations so much that now TOP 4 would be seen as an achievement. And you are OK with that? Then the same people like you dare to call us "the biggest club in the world" :lol: More like biggest laughing stock in the word.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
You are entitled

We’ve made 3 signings this season, we all knew the club weren’t gonna be rebuilt in 1 window, it’s impossible.

I want players who want to play for the club and not a wage packet. If that means waiting for another couple windows then so be it.

The doom and gloom here is astounding. Just because we didnt sign 4,5,6 players we’re immediately crap.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/let’s-face-it-united-are-a-has-been-club.449540/

2 days prior he made a thread about how great we are and how amazing we’re looking to become:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/can...ebuild-new-core-is-nearing-completion.449419/

Yet because the signings weren’t made, gone from incredibly positive to incredibly negative.

This is the new rubbish that is being peddled out about a slow rebuild. It sounds fantastic on Redcafe but has zero chance of actually working . Our best player won't stay to be a part of this rubbish forever, if we finish 30 points behind the leaders again then there is no chance Pogba stays next summer . Our manager who is in charge of this rebuild has zero credentials to lead this rebuild apart from the fact that he played for us . He will probably be sacked in the middle of the season as well when united will have another manager and another 'rebuild'

dove

How do you get the club is skint? The owners will be laughing all the way to the bank, as they'll be in line for bumper dividends.
Well yeah, I mean skint in having the money to spend for players/stadium etc. Glazers of course are delighted with how things are going and that majority of our fans are still fine with it, no protests, nothing. It's perfect for them.

UnitedObsession99

But we apparently are willing to pay up to 15-20m for Mandzukic who will be 34 at the end of the season and who will cost another 6m per year, effectively about 30m for a decent season. That's madness in my book.
Remove the word decent, as I'm not convinced we'd even get that. Just pouring money down drain. Thats literally half the Bruno fee, why not do the sensible deal!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If they make those three signings...

Arsenal and Spurs have done more to improve their squads. This was supposed to be our ‘rebuild’ summer. Ridiculous.
It seems like the club was more focused on undoing "we can do things in the market other clubs can only dream of" statement from Woodward. Backed off and briefing media that we did want to pay over the odds.

Apparently Spurs can afford Dybala but we can't. With a 70m net spend.

Hats off Ed Woodward.

Will Singh

I can't see us signing anyone, we are fecked and will battle for a top 6 spot. I was happy before I logged on here and this is my feeling after 30 minutes of reading....I'm not coming on here today unless I see a player on the tv sitting with Ole signing a contract. Preparing for a gigantic meltdown...

R'hllor

The meltdown from entitled fans in here is going to be incredible! hahahaha!

Moans and whinges there’s no clear philosophy with LVG/Mou/Moyes

*Signs a manager with a clear playing style and philosophy*

WHY ARENT WE MAKING HUGE MARQUEE SIGNINGS FOR THE SAKE OF IT WE’RE A BANTER CLUB *Throws plates at wall, toys out of pram

Dybala and his alleged mercenary ways can go to Spurs for all I care. I want players who will play through their skin for the club not their wage.
Can this guy gets some likes scouts, so i dont need to read this type of drivel, thank you.

Mercurial

Embarrassing is sticking up for this shambles of a club. Signing no midfielders is a joke. And the best player we do have there wants to leave.
Mistakes were made...
Next time I hope the club stick to ancient wisdom and stay away from the minions of Raiola. Stay positive friend.

Tiber

If Spurs add Dybala ontop of their other deals? Good luck catching them

Kaivalya

We must have the only fan base in football where people worried about the mess their club is in are mocked by people who believe they’re being better fans but pretending everything is ok. It’s bizarre.
Exactly.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Surely its too late to sign anyone now if we havent already been in discusions., especially from abroad. I think the best we could hope for is a loan deal with an option to buy.

Kaivalya

You are entitled

When do you think the club can challenge for the title next? Considering United have been in transition for the last 7 years. Do you not think a decade or more without a title challenge means the club has fallen?

BeltUp

Supports
United
Who cares if we sell Rojo? The money will go straight into the Glazers' pockets just like the Lukaku money. I'm sure some Glazer apologist will come along and tell us we are entitled for wanting our club to do better not worse.

NJM78

We must have the only fan base in football where people worried about the mess their club is in are mocked by people who believe they’re being better fans but pretending everything is ok. It’s bizarre.
I will never get it either.

It's like they believe we are demanding immediate league titles and CLs and being the best at everything, whereas what we actually want is the gaping holes in our squad rectified so we can start to challenge again and for the club to stop renewing the contracts of players who not good enough. Maybe a DOF overseeing player acquisitions and not some bankers... a right winger/forward finally added for good measure.

How dare we want the glaringly obvious problems we have to be fixed. Such terrible fans we are.

swred

Rojo out seems a great if we can get it done due to having far too many below average CB's.
I liked the guy, he seemed like a tough tackling tenacious little b*stard.
However, watching him was also a bit like playing in you local team with that player who you always knew was going to 2 foot someone, or give a penalty away when they'd got wound up!

SiRed

If our plan is similar to 1995 where we sold ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis to make room for the youth, then I could be very content with our window and to be honest, quite excited.
However, if Jones, Smalling, Mata and Lingard are getting more minues than Tuanzebe, Gomes and Greenwood then the frustration I currently feel will be very warranted.

Gomes in particular is very exciting and could easily be this years breakthrough star in the number 10 role if Ole has the balls to drop the blogger and the social media twerp.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So if Zaha is sold we get the cash we spent on Dan James.
The money we spent on Maguire is already recovered by the sale of Lukaku.
Only money United paid this transfer window is for AWB.

The rest goes into the Glazers pockets - no wonder Ed got a 60% pay rise!
Basically. Exactly what has happened.

BulgarianDevil91

The meltdown from entitled fans in here is going to be incredible! hahahaha!

Moans and whinges there’s no clear philosophy with LVG/Mou/Moyes

*Signs a manager with a clear playing style and philosophy*

WHY ARENT WE MAKING HUGE MARQUEE SIGNINGS FOR THE SAKE OF IT WE’RE A BANTER CLUB *Throws plates at wall, toys out of pram

Dybala and his alleged mercenary ways can go to Spurs for all I care. I want players who will play through their skin for the club not their wage.
Was just thinking the same thing. I'm no professional, but I don't think many posters around here have an idea on: 1. How tough signing a player is and 2. What having a rebuild actually means.

Had we signed Dybala, a player who clearly doesn't want to play for our team, we would've lost him in a season or two and would've had to "rebuild" again. Same goes for any other cnut out there. I'd rather see signs of true progress with the players we have, rather than having my getting hyped over some next-Messi-wannabe.

How many years did it take Liverpool to rebuild their squad? Was it a single summer of idiotic spending or was it gradual and well-though? Think about it.

fergosaurus

Some weirdos think we've had a good window and that we'll finish top 2 or 3. :lol:

Fracture90

I get that Ole is happy with what he's got, but don't like it that we haven't addressed the RW position yet again and we're going into another season with Pogba being our only creative player.

If we really end up with net spent of only £40 million but without addressing 2 major positions, then we're really turning into Arsenal.

fps

Quick hypothetical: Would you rather get a signing over the line now OR have significant funds for a January purchase?

romufc

If our plan is similar to 1995 where we sold ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis to make room for the youth, then I could be very content with our window and to be honest, quite excited.
However, if Jones, Smalling, Mata and Lingard are getting more minues than Tuanzebe, Gomes and Greenwood then the frustration I currently feel will be very warranted.

Gomes in particular is very exciting and could easily be this years breakthrough star in the number 10 role if Ole has the balls to drop the blogger and the social media twerp.

This is the most frustrating thing. Mata, Young, Smalling getting minutes when we know they are not good enough! The state of this club is so poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.