Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

If our plan is similar to 1995 where we sold ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis to make room for the youth, then I could be very content with our window and to be honest, quite excited.
However, if Jones, Smalling, Mata and Lingard are getting more minues than Tuanzebe, Gomes and Greenwood then the frustration I currently feel will be very warranted.

Gomes in particular is very exciting and could easily be this years breakthrough star in the number 10 role if Ole has the balls to drop the blogger and the social media twerp.
Ole didn't even play him much during pre season. I doubt he'll have the balls to throw him in there. Although he should.

Canagel

We must have the only fan base in football where people worried about the mess their club is in are mocked by people who believe they’re being better fans but pretending everything is ok. It’s bizarre.
Enemies of success that's what it is.

SammyUnited_83

If our plan is similar to 1995 where we sold ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis to make room for the youth, then I could be very content with our window and to be honest, quite excited.
However, if Jones, Smalling, Mata and Lingard are getting more minues than Tuanzebe, Gomes and Greenwood then the frustration I currently feel will be very warranted.

Gomes in particular is very exciting and could easily be this years breakthrough star in the number 10 role if Ole has the balls to drop the blogger and the social media twerp.
The reality is Mata and Lingard will start most games.

MUFC OK

I'm pretty sure we did. To balance the books. Which makes it even more gutting tbh
Of course it does. The club is embarrassing itself and the fans. It's sad but this is really the death of us as a top club in europe, we are doing increasingly irreparable damage year on year.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
We Need To Be Ruthless FC. Young, Hungry and 11th FC.

This is going to be a long season. Nothing has changed. Same clowns are running the show.

We are going to smack Chelsea on sunday though!

C3Pique

Quick hypothetical: Would you rather get a signing over the line now OR have significant funds for a January purchase?
Come January we'll be miles behind top 4 and even more desperate to get someome in. At least right now we can pretend we have a chance of competing for top 4.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

If it ends up his job being on the line I think he will rely on the experience dross. I would love to see the kids get time. Greenwood should because we only have three what I would call forwards including him. Gomes looks a real talent as does Tuanzebe.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
When do you think the club can challenge for the title next? Considering United have been in transition for the last 7 years. Do you not think a decade or more without a title challenge means the club has fallen?
We haven’t had a clear philosophical for all those years and tried for short term success. It clearly didn’t work.

Now we got a clear vision and philosophy and I expect us to challenge for the title in the next 3 - 4 years

fps

Daniel James a "great signing" is stretching it. Let's wait and see whether he'll ever turn out to be that. Atm he looks like a hit an run merchant with no basic technical skills at all.
A bit harsh - he's young and needs time and space to develop. It's the same reason people have been so harsh on Rashford - he's a MEGA talent, but it was too early last season for him to be expected to step up as a regular first-teamer.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Strange how we started off doing a full Arsenal and are now doing a full Liverpool. We will continue to live in the myth of the biggest club in the world and our ex players will keep peddling how we are something special.

fps

Obviously now. We can't sit around for half a season.
Well, the counter would be that this is a better squad than started last season, as the defence is fixed, and January gives time to see where the team could most be improved moving forward, based on how some of those younger players, Rashford, Martial, McTominay, and the super-youngsters, perform.

Kaivalya

We haven’t had a clear philosophical for all those years and tried for short term success. It clearly didn’t work.

Now we got a clear vision and philosophy and I expect us to challenge for the title in the next 3 - 4 years

I see. 3-4 years. How are we supposed to keep what good players we have for the next 3-4 years?

Kaivalya

Well, the counter would be that this is a better squad than started last season, as the defence is fixed, and January gives time to see where the team could most be improved moving forward, based on how some of those younger players, Rashford, Martial, McTominay, and the super-youngsters, perform.
It isnt a better squad than last season though.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Well yeah, I mean skint in having the money to spend for players/stadium etc. Glazers of course are delighted with how things are going and that majority of our fans are still fine with it, no protests, nothing. It's perfect for them.
Why don't you organise a protest then?

Morpheus 7

Unbelievable signing for Spurs. They have closed the gap on the top two.
Definitely if they pull them signings off, fair play to them showing ambition. United signings are like a team who have been champions the last two years, not 6th. The board has been exposed properly this window.

FromTheBench

So players now preferring Spurs over us?

What the hell? Can't imagine they are paying for more than us either.

C3Pique

You think both are leaving today?
I think we'll have another shite season and lose both next summer, then have to replace them with no CL and even less commercial revenue.

Let's face it, for all the talk of youth, class of 92 etc, when teams like Wolves and Everton are spending big you HAVE TO invest big to take a forward step. I can see us getting left behind whilst peddling this philosophical nonsense about fighting for the badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.