Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

We already denied this?
It was deined on the transfer window podcast by Duncan Castles last week. He said Utd being used as usual to hike up interest in players they have no interest in.

Also worth a mention that there are alot of intermediaries in football now claiming to be able to move a player from club a to club b. Sometimes club b not even having an initial interest then comes along said intermediary and says to club b i can get you player x from club a. Sometimes they bite sometimes they dont. Sometimes it's all just bull.

Last edited:

Skeezix

Is he actually going to make him captain though, or is this just talk?
Considering De Ligt, De Jong already left and Daley Blind potentially not playing all the games anymore, it is not far fetched that he could be made captain if he didn't move.
He is their blue eyed boy.

pacifictheme

Is he actually going to make him captain though, or is this just talk?
I think the point is that although he is young, he may still have a big part to play. De ligt is just an example of responsibility being given to a young player. He doesn't mean he's going to give him the armband.

diarm

More absolute arse water from my favourite Italian Journalist. Hahahahaha.
Apart from the fact that it's backed up by the words of the Brescia owner the other day. You're making a bit of a gobshite of yourself at this stage.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
More absolute arse water from my favourite Italian Journalist. Hahahahaha.
From Bescia owner :lol:
‘He was determined and convinced that he was going to Inter, but all this time dragged on and it was practically the start of the new season with still nothing happening. ‘As soon as Milan showed real interest, he did not want to listen to any other options. I also have a historically good rapport with Milan and we reached an agreement with [AC Milan’s technical director] Paolo Maldini quite quickly. ‘We also had interest from Barcelona and Manchester United, but the lad is in love with Milan and went crazy once he heard of their offer, because he supports them.’

Tonali is now set to join AC Milan on loan for an initial €10m (£9m) with an option to buy for €15m (£13m) plus a further €10m (£9m) in add-ons. ‘Those figures are correct,’ said Cellino. ‘But we turned down €65m (£58m) from Barcelona in January and about a dozen days ago Manchester United had offered €10m (£9m) more than Milan.’

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Apart from the fact that it's backed up by the words of the Brescia owner the other day. You're making a bit of a gobshite of yourself at this stage.
We signed DVB last week, we're still in for Sancho and you think we had another 40m to offer for Tonali the day before he joins Milan ??? Come on man wake up. We never even went for him and it was clearly obvious he wouldn't leave Italy anyway. They rarely do at that age.

Another story he's got wrong. Badly wrong.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
From Bescia owner :lol:
Showed interest? We show interest to many people. I didn't say we didn't show interest I said we didn't offer 40m the day before he actually signs with Milan. After we signed DVB i don't think we've put a bid in for any other midfielder so again he's talking ballacks. Did we show some interest earlier in window? Probably we did. That's not what he reported.

roonster09

Scout
Showed interest? We show interest to many people. I didn't say we didn't show interest I said we didn't offer 40m the day before he actually signs with Milan. After we signed DVB i don't think we've put a bid in for any other midfielder.
At least for once read complete post.

Tonali is now set to join AC Milan on loan for an initial €10m (£9m) with an option to buy for €15m (£13m) plus a further €10m (£9m) in add-ons. ‘Those figures are correct,’ said Cellino. ‘But we turned down €65m (£58m) from Barcelona in January and about a dozen days ago Manchester United had offered €10m (£9m) more than Milan.’

diarm

We signed DVB last week, we're still in for Sancho and you think we had another 40m to offer for Tonali the day before he joins Milan ??? Come on man wake up. We never even went for him and it was clearly obvious he wouldn't leave Italy anyway. They rarely do at that age.

Another story he's got wrong. Badly wrong.
The owner of the selling club literally said that we did. You're a parody of yourself.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
At least for once read complete post.

The tweet said we made a 40m euro bid ONE DAY before he joined Milan. ONE DAY !!!

We signed DVB over a week ago now so it's absolute ballacks we made that bid. Did we show interest earlier in window? Quite possibly I'm not denying that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The owner of the selling club literally said that we did. You're a parody of yourself.
I was referring to Romano saying we made a 40m bid literally the day before he joined Milan and after we'd already signed a midfielder. The Brescia owner makes it seem we bid for Tonali before DVB was finalised. That could well be true. I hope it is as he's a talented young midfielder.

The two stories don't match up. What a shocker eh? hahahaha

Devil81

Is it weird I'd rather have him than Ighalo?
Not really, he brings something to a team that Watford were lacking the majority of last season. Strength, experience and leadership, he's as strong as an ox and he's very good at bringing others into play.

In terms of him against Ighalo, I'd take Odion. I think he's physically as strong as Deeney and he's actually a better finisher.

dev1l

Not really, he brings something to a team that Watford were lacking the majority of last season. Strength, experience and leadership, he's as strong as an ox and he's very good at bringing others into play.

In terms of him against Ighalo, I'd take Odion. I think he's physically as strong as Deeney and he's actually a better finisher.
He s also a big mouth

Woodzy

I know it's not a popular take to have on here and I despise his club so much but I actually like Klopp. Totally agree with him here too.
I seem to only ever despise him when he's on that touchline for 90 minutes. He's genuinely quite likeable otherwise.

diarm

I was referring to Romano saying we made a 40m bid literally the day before he joined Milan and after we'd already signed a midfielder. The Brescia owner makes it seem we bid for Tonali before DVB was finalised. That could well be true. I hope it is as he's a talented young midfielder.

The two stories don't match up. What a shocker eh? hahahaha
You're an absolute clown mate.

Why in gods name would signing an attacking midfielder mean we're suddenly not interested in looking at a hugely talented young deep lying midfielder to fill a position we have only the 32 year old Matic suitable to play in?

Us bidding, having the bid turned down and then returning with a better bid is far from an incredible scenario. You just can't get over the horn you have for yourself in criticising Romano at every given opportunity.

manuchamp88

The headline may refer to Suarez and Dzeko, but there are a few more interesting bits of info in here.
  • Suarez is taking an "Italian exam" to get a European passport in order to sign for Juventus.
I'm sorry, but that's b*llocks. Firstly, it seems a bit weird they don't just say Italian passport since there is no generic European passport. Secondly, it would be through some ancestor since he's never lived in Italy and if so, you don't need to take a language exam.

roonster09

Scout
The tweet said we made a 40m euro bid ONE DAY before he joined Milan. ONE DAY !!!

We signed DVB over a week ago now so it's absolute ballacks we made that bid. Did we show interest earlier in window? Quite possibly I'm not denying that.
How do you know we didn't? As per their owner we already made bid for him. Tonali and VdB are completely different players with different skill set.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You're an absolute clown mate.

Why in gods name would signing an attacking midfielder mean we're suddenly not interested in looking at a hugely talented young deep lying midfielder to fill a position we have only the 32 year old Matic suitable to play in?

Us bidding, having the bid turned down and then returning with a better bid is far from an incredible scenario. You just can't get over the horn you have for yourself in criticising Romano at every given opportunity.
Maybe because we've spent 35m on VDB and we still seem to be in for Sancho. Maybe it's that eh? Do you think we've got unlimited amounts of money? There's no way we have put a bid in for any midfielder after we had confirmed DVB. No chance at all. Did we enquire about him earlier in window? Seems so.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How do you know we didn't? As per their owner we already made bid for him. Tonali and VdB are completely different players with different skill set.
How many midfielders do you think we want in the squad next season? There's no way are signing any more after Donny.

Also do you think we've got enough in the coffers for Donny, Sancho and Tonali in one window where money isn't easy to come by? I think you know that's not likely.

Romano again seems to have got some of the info but messed up on the details. The Brescia CEO basically confirmed that our bid didn't come in the same day Romano said it did. That was the point I was making.

roonster09

Scout
How many midfielders do you think we want in the squad next season? There's no way are signing any more after Donny.

Also do you think we've got enough in the coffers for Donny, Sancho and Tonali in one window where money isn't easy to come by? I think you know that's not likely.

Romano again seems to have got some of the info but messed up on the details. The Brescia CEO basically confirmed that our bid didn't come in the same day Romano said it did. That was the point I was making.
Yeah, just for lols we made bid.

SATA

Are you okay, mate?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I know it's not a popular take to have on here and I despise his club so much but I actually like Klopp. Totally agree with him here too.
I don’t like Klopp at all and still agree with him. The only clubs shopping big time belong to sugar daddies or are state funded.

Status
Not open for further replies.