Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I don't even know how a manager of his experience could have rejected a player of his talent. Moyes - what a piece!!!

Seriously, it irks me everytime I see it. Instead he got us Fellaini.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Your scouts can only do so much if the manager is given precedence when it comes to recruitment. At any other big club, Thiago would've likely been signed by the head of the football department due to to the scouting reports.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Banfield announced that they didn't get any money for James Rodriguez's transfer to Everton even though they were due a fee. This means that James moved to Everton for free.

Dazzmondo

Banfield announced that they didn't get any money for James Rodriguez's transfer to Everton even though they were due a fee. This means that James moved to Everton for free.
That really was a phenomenal signing for Everton. Hard to see any other contenders for signing of the season

manuchamp88

That really was a phenomenal signing for Everton. Hard to see any other contenders for signing of the season
It's impressive that Everton managed to sign someone of his stature, sure, but signing of the season? That reminds to seen. He may not even work out for them.

LonelyFire

Sarr clearly has a lot to improve on but there is a player there.

There was a similar meltdown on here when we were linked to Mane when he was at Southampton. Just because he’s at Watford doesn’t make him a bad player. Liverpool bought Wijnaldum and Robertson from relegated clubs - I’d bet folk on here would have lost their minds had Utd done that.

Some are so entrenched in the Sancho deal they can’t see anything else. Is he as good as Sancho? Clearly not, but I get looking at him as an alternative and potentially strengthening in other places as well.

cyberman

How? He moved from Madrid? Do they get a sell on everytime he moves?

Zoo

TVI, which is a Portuguese broadcaster, confirmed United's interest in left-back Alex Telles. Porto lowered the demand to € 20m.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How? He moved from Madrid? Do they get a sell on everytime he moves?
Articles 20 and 21 of FIFA's Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players:

James Rodriguez was under the age of 23 when he was with Banfield and transferred to Porto whilst under contract with them. As a result, Real Madrid are required to pay a percentage of a fee from Everton to Banfield as they contributed a reasonable amount of training and education to him.

Last edited:

cyberman

James Rodriguez was under the age of 23 when he was with Banfield and transferred to Porto whilst under contract with them. As a result, Real Madrid are required to pay a percentage of a fee from Everton to Banfield as they contributed a reasonable amount of training and education to him.
Wasnt he at Monaco before Madrid?
Fair enough i suppose

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Don't think this is a valid argument either - if a player wants to go back to Real he'll try to be bloody brilliant to make sure Real activate that buy back. Doubt he's he going to sulk on the bench and run down his 5 year contract.
So then you lose a brilliant player for less money than he's worth, and in fact lost money on the deal due to wages etc
It's pointless and short term thinking, which isn't what we need at all. It's a typical Jose buy, short term with no regards of what's best for the team.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wasnt he at Monaco before Madrid?
Fair enough i suppose
Article 21 sets it so that the training clubs always get a portion of the fee whenever the player is transferred before their contract's expiry regardless of which club they transfer from.

EDIT: The mechanism

Last edited:

Amarsdd

Why do the media only talk about United’s “what if” moments? Are we the only club who ever missed out on a player?
Everything boils down to talking about United get you more clicks, a lot more than any other club.

Cliche Guevara

Is that not only while players are under 23. It doesn’t go on for ever.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That’s only while players are under 23. It doesn’t go on for ever.
Article 21 does. I've already mentioned Eden Hazard, but Pedro was another example; when he was transferred to Chelsea, Barcelona paid San Isidro 320k Pounds out of Chelsea's transfer fee.

Note: this only works when the training club(s) is (are) in a different football association to the buying club. For example, if we sold Greenwood to, say, Man. City next season, and Man. City then sold him to Burnley when he's 30, we wouldn't be due any solidarity contribution. If, however, City sold Greenwood to, say, Juventus at the age of 30, we'd be due this solidarity compensation.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
It wouldn't be a Liverpool transfer window if we didn't end up signing a relegated player, but this price I can't see it. I don't see why we're in for him anyway because it'd mean another African player in the squad. If the AFCON is not moved back again to summer 2022 we'd lose Mane, Salah, Keita, and Sarr in the winter (should their countries qualify) If we did end up with Sarr this window I can only see one of Salah and Mane next summer leaving to replenish our attack, too much to lose without them in those crucial months.

Cliche Guevara

Article 21 does. I've already mentioned Eden Hazard, but Pedro was another example; when he was transferred to Chelsea, Barcelona paid San Isidro 320k Pounds out of Chelsea's transfer fee.

Note: this only works when the training club(s) is (are) in a different football association to the buying club. For example, if we sold Greenwood to, say, Man. City next season, and Man. City then sold him to Burnley when he's 30, we wouldn't be due any solidarity contribution. If, however, City sold Greenwood to, say, Juventus at the age of 30, we'd be due this solidarity compensation.
This is slightly different to training compensation then, which doesn’t continue for subsequent transfers over 23.

Bit weird how it has to be an international transfer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is slightly different to training compensation then, which doesn’t continue for subsequent transfers over 23.

Bit weird how it has to be an international transfer.
It makes sense to me. FIFA have jurisdiction over transfers that are related to multiple football associations. However, when it comes to one national association, then it becomes a domestic matter, which FIFA cannot interfere in (sort of like national sovereignty).

Status
Not open for further replies.