Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

Folks, Romano is made in the similar mould of Tancredi, he is just a clown still living in the high. As soon as he loses its grip, his stock will go so deep you will not have a cardinal tier for him to express disgust. :D Incidentally, both clowns support Inter, which again gives you a hint about their personality and attitude :wenger:.
Nou_Camp99, I know this is you. :smirk:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Folks, Romano is made in the similar mould of Tancredi, he is just a clown still living in the high. As soon as he loses its grip, his stock will go so deep you will not have a cardinal tier for him to express disgust. :D Incidentally, both clowns support Inter, which again gives you a hint about their personality and attitude :wenger:.
It was inevitable; just as Icarus flew too close to the sun, Fabrizio will suffer a similar fate with his status and opinion inflating to degrees that have led him to push stories and views beyond what he should be doing. The interactions got to his head.

Crimson King

I have mixed feelings about Julien as a journalist but his last comment about what agents say, openly, about our transfer conduct is somewhat worrying.

It's been mentioned a few times now by different journos, and I can't think of the same sort of thing being said about any other club.

gajender

Taking no prisoners, too right though! I love his passion for speaking against them, we need more guys like Jules to make people realise how stupid our board is.
He is talking out of his arse to be honest but as tempers are running high amongst United fans it would obviously be lapped up.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Taking no prisoners, too right though! I love his passion for speaking against them, we need more guys like Jules to make people realise how stupid our board is.
Is there anybody who doesn't realise this, though?

Every social media platform, be it Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or even the Caf, fans are united in their disgust of the board. The higher ups must know they are perceived as a joke. The issue is they don't know how to rectify it. They go after high profile players thinking the name of Manchester United will be enough to convince those players, but during negotiations they don't act like a big club.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Every social media platform, be it Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or even the Caf, fans are united in their disgust of the board. The higher ups must know they are perceived as a joke. The issue is they don't know how to rectify it. They go after high profile players thinking the name of Manchester United will be enough to convince those players, but during negotiations they don't act like a big club.
Well, everyone else knows exactly how to rectify it - appoint a top class Director of Football to oversee recruitment and other football matters. And I don’t mean some lapdog, I mean a proper DOF with experience, expertise and confidence.

Ekeke

Its certainly annoying that every couple of seasons we seem to go back to the well for a player we chase all summer but is a bit unrealistic and we end up losing out and usually not having a good backup plan.

But last summer wasnt our big target Maguire? We got him. So its not all the time and its a bit unfair to talk like it is. I'm as frustrated as anyone because in my opinion its not at all hard to pick up some good players for good prices and improve the team without wasting money. I mean thats part of someone's extremely well paid job... They should be okay at it... Thats what concerns me more than if we chase Sancho and then dont sign him. The fact that many smaller transfers that would have helped us do better next season have been missed and maybe thats not the end of the world if you sign the best right winger in the world. But if you miss him as well you've well and truly cocked up

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Oh, fellow Romanian :)

On topic: The feck is wrong with him supporting Inter, what am I missing?
Nothing. Its the fact he's full of shit is my gripe with him.

He's not got any more inside info on English transfers than any of our better UK journalists. Probably less so I'd say. Ornstein has shown him up royally twice these last few weeks.

If you want Serie A info he's your man though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He's not got any more inside info on English transfers than any of our better UK journalists. Probably less so I'd say. Ornstein has shown him up royally twice these last few weeks.

:lol: he's the king of journalists right now in England and its really got you annoyed

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doesn't make much sense for us personally to sell Smalling if we aren't reinvesting the money, considering our backups for Maguire and Lindelof are all shite (Rojo/Jones), always injured (Rojo, Jones, Bailly, Tuanzebe) or completely unproven (Tuanzebe, Mengi). He's the only CB outside of the 2 starters who is actually good enough to be in the squad like ours, though obviously makes sense to let him go as he wants to go. You just hope we do something, somewhere in our squad. There will be 6 positions in the pitch where any injury will be a big problem due to having no depth (LW, ST, RW, LB, RB, CB).

youmeletsfly

If you think about it, none of them really know shit, they act on little bits of info left aside by parties involved as cheeky negotiation tactics. Other than that, most of them don't have a fecking clue what they are talking about or they're just rumbling the same shit the others are.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you think about it, none of them really know shit, they act on little bits of info left aside by parties involved as cheeky negotiation tactics. Other than that, most of them don't have a fecking clue what they are talking about or they're just rumbling the same shit the others are.
I mean that's the story of every journalist, reliable or shit ones. They will know the info that the negotiation parties want them to know.

Coops73

Every social media platform, be it Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or even the Caf, fans are united in their disgust of the board. The higher ups must know they are perceived as a joke. Te issue is they don't know how to rectify it. They go after high profile players thinking the name of Manchester United will be enough to convince those players, but during negotiations they don't act like a big club.
The issue is they don’t care about rectifying it.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well, everyone else knows exactly how to rectify it - appoint a top class Director of Football to oversee recruitment and other football matters. And I don’t mean some lapdog, I mean a proper DOF with experience, expertise and confidence.
We are never going to appoint a DoF. If we had to it would have happened long back. Our club is structured with the CEO and the Manager as the 2 pillars, and that is not going to change with Woodward in charge.

Godfather

Its certainly annoying that every couple of seasons we seem to go back to the well for a player we chase all summer but is a bit unrealistic and we end up losing out and usually not having a good backup plan.

But last summer wasnt our big target Maguire? We got him. So its not all the time and its a bit unfair to talk like it is. I'm as frustrated as anyone because in my opinion its not at all hard to pick up some good players for good prices and improve the team without wasting money. I mean thats part of someone's extremely well paid job... They should be okay at it... Thats what concerns me more than if we chase Sancho and then dont sign him. The fact that many smaller transfers that would have helped us do better next season have been missed and maybe thats not the end of the world if you sign the best right winger in the world. But if you miss him as well you've well and truly cocked up
I do agree with you.... But lord almighty we paid 80 million pounds for Maguire. A guy in coma could have got him for that money

ReddBalls

To be honest, I love Ole and have backed him from day one even though I know he's been a convenient appointment for the board as he's United through and through and won't rock the boat. Now is the time where a more experienced manager would be putting huge pressure on the board, he's just achieved Champions league and is expected to take that next step but they've let him down.

Higher profile managers have left jobs over such backing as they know full well the damage it can do to their reputation.
Why would the manager a) rocking the boat like Mourinho or b) leave the club be good for the team/club?

Withnail

To be honest, I love Ole and have backed him from day one even though I know he's been a convenient appointment for the board as he's United through and through and won't rock the boat. Now is the time where a more experienced manager would be putting huge pressure on the board, he's just achieved Champions league and is expected to take that next step but they've let him down.

Higher profile managers have left jobs over such backing as they know full well the damage it can do to their reputation.

Would they? Did Fergie ever criticise the board?

Some managers, Mourinho/Conte etc, publicly make a scene over this stuff and others are more diplomatic and don't air their dirty laundry publicly, whether they are experienced or not.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'd be happy with £15m. It would free up funds. We could probably get a generational talent or two for that. Longer we keep deadwood, the less likely it'll catch fire, and the more likely it will just rot away and start sprouting mushrooms.
Deadwood? More like Japanese knotweed

croadyman

Think he's gearing us up for nothing there. Develop what we have and see if we can bring someone in sounds like work with the squad and not likely to get anyone else.
Yeah that was my personal take as well

Suv666

Reckon you and that other weirdo should make a thread where you can wank over Romano's mistakes. Its tedious reading you lot arguing over some journo in random threads.

fezzerUTD

Dybalaaaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.