Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Imagine the scenes if Telles, Upemecano and Sancho all arrive over the next two weeks.

Unlikely I know, but that would be the levels of recruitment needed to take us up a level.

LonelyFire

Imagine the scenes if Telles, Upemecano and Sancho all arrive over the next two weeks.

Unlikely I know, but that would be the levels of recruitment needed to take us up a level.
Boot up Football Manager 2020. Let us know how it feels. That’s as close as we’ll get.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Even if the club do manage to pull off the the above transfers, highly unlikely, the pressure should still be applied to ownership and the board.

ShinjiNinja26

Unless Some sheikh buys the club in the next few days and starts playing his own real life footy manager that’s a pure pipe down.

2E_MUFC

Selling Smalling would pay for Telles pretty much. Ideally we could do with getting rid of Jones, Rojo, Lingard and AP. Sancho and Upamecano would be dream signings and would take us up to the next level. But I don’t believe the current owners and board have that ambition.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Here is a thought on Upamenco as our 1v1 defender....

Isn't Smalling quick and great 1v1? Our issue is Lindelof couldn't mark a SAT Math paper let alone a PL level striker. We need a good 1v1 defender with pace, Smalling as understudy to Upamenco should we get him? Smalling as starter should we not get Upamenco...

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Morata will go on loan to Juventus.
I guess they'll finally sign Suárez

RUCK4444

Why do we have to offer him 4 times his current salary? If he doesn't work out, we are left with another overpaid player we can't shift. Why don't they offer half that, with a 12 month review based on performances/appearances?
I agree in theory but it does depend on what he’s being offered elsewhere and how much of that is being driven up by his agent etc.

However we do absolutely pay over the odds more often than not.

RUCK4444

Isn't Smalling quick and great 1v1? Our issue is Lindelof couldn't mark a SAT Math paper let alone a PL level striker. We need a good 1v1 defender with pace, Smalling as understudy to Upamenco should we get him? Smalling as starter should we not get Upamenco...
Yes. But many are too snobby to take Smalling back.

Smalling is good at the things Upamecano is good at (the latter obviously has a higher ceiling/potential.)

iHicksy

Why do we have to offer him 4 times his current salary? If he doesn't work out, we are left with another overpaid player we can't shift. Why don't they offer half that, with a 12 month review based on performances/appearances?
It is pretty crazy. However I believe he's on something like £25k a week, so that would still only be £100k a week.

I would imagine the agent says "well you've told him he'll be a first team left back. Luke Shaw earns £195k a week, Phil Jones who's a backup earns 70k a week". So £100k a week seems reasonable.

Cliche Guevara

Funnily enough I was asking myself this exact same question earlier this morning. I appreciate he’s not great with the ball at his feet but he still needs to be a defender first and foremost. We need somebody dominant in the air and difficult to beat on the deck. Is that Maguire? I don’t know. Lindelöf? Forget it.

We really struggle to play out from the back anyway so that has to change in any event.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
RB Leipzig just spent £19M on a new centre back. Interesting.
He's 18 years old, it's more in preperation for Upamecano to leave next season. They would not want to let their best defender leave and replace with an inexperienced youngster. You can imagine 1 year with the squad would be great preperation to take over next season, Konate will be ready to fill Upamecano's shoes as the leader in defence by then also.

diarm

Yes. But many are too snobby to take Smalling back.

Smalling is good at the things Upamecano is good at (the latter obviously has a higher ceiling/potential.)
Is Upamecano really good at trying to clear balls into the box with the wrong foot as well?

RUCK4444

Is Upamecano really good at trying to clear balls into the box with the wrong foot as well?
Ah come off it. He was never that bad here and then proved himself again in Italy.

He's far better than many give him credit for here, he get's lumped in with Jones unfairly.

No doubt in my mind that Smalling would have been better next to Maguire since we signed the big fella, I said that before we saw Smalling's form in Italy.

Tiber

We have got really good at identifying £20m fullback options this summer. But doesn't doesn't a top fullback cost about twice that these days?

diarm

Ah come off it. He was never that bad here and then proved himself again in Italy.

He's far better than many give him credit for here, he get's lumped in with Jones unfairly.

No doubt in my mind that Smalling would have been better next to Maguire since we signed the big fella, I said that before we saw Smalling's form in Italy.
He was regularly that bad here, and gets remembered through rose tinted glasses because he left first, especially after playing a couple of good games (well ignore the fact he got progressively more average as the season developed) in the same league that made Darmian look like a young Zanetti.

Smalling was and is a liability of a defender. Jones makes silly faces and has legs made of papier mache but for me, he's always been the better centre back. He's still not the first cousin of a Manchester United centre back, just better than Smalling.

RUCK4444

He was regularly that bad here, and gets remembered through rose tinted glasses because he left first, especially after playing a couple of good games (well ignore the fact he got progressively more average as the season developed) in the same league that made Darmian look like a young Zanetti.

Smalling was and is a liability of a defender. Jones makes silly faces and has legs made of papier mache but for me, he's always been the better centre back. He's still not the first cousin of a Manchester United centre back, just better than Smalling.
Disagree, smalling is quicker, better 1v1, better in the air. Pretty much better at everything than Jones. And the latter definitely has more of a clanger in him.

Respectively disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.