Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Morata transfer details:
Good business for both . Morata misses the recognition he had in Italy. At Atlético he didn't have much of a future, and Simeone finally gets a real striker.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

Benrahma's replacement is in the house so expect we may see some movement with him now...

Suv666

I expected a flurry of transfer news after the Palace defeat. That doesnt seem to be the case.
Not sure if I should be glad we arent panic buying or disappointed as we need reinforcements desperately.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

The only thing new from this is United making contact with Porto again to seal the deal.
Romano has become so predictable nowadays. Throws in PSG to cover more bases. Tuchel himself confirmed LB is not priority.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I feel like every other club is getting the constant 'Here we go'' treatment while we're monitoring situations, thinking of preparing bids, this week could be a big week maybe.

So disheartening. I'd love to know what the day-to-day life of Woodward and Judge is looking like right now.

sparx99

Promising Barcelona right back Moussa Wague joins PAOK on loan.
Why don’t they just keep him as backup to Sergi Roberto? Saves going after Dest or Aaron’s as well? Barcelona are so weird with transfers these days.

The Man Himself

Publically
He did mention 2-3 positions publicly where they are focusing so could have said LB too. I am pretty sure most of Fab's sources are agents and he goes by what they say and sometimes they do use him to show there is competition for player. Win-win for both. Fab comes out reliable often and agents have a outlet which is trusted, to spread news.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He did mention 2-3 positions publicly where they are focusing so could have said LB too. I am pretty sure most of Fab's sources are agents and he goes by what they say and sometimes they do use him to show there is competition for player. Win-win for both. Fab comes out reliable often and agents have a outlet which is trusted, to spread news.
Yes he goes via agents and lawyers. But just pointing out that clubs also lie. For instance maybe PSG not confident of getting a LB o lr its not high priority so he didnt say it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why don’t they just keep him as backup to Sergi Roberto? Saves going after Dest or Aaron’s as well? Barcelona are so weird with transfers these days.
Yeah, I do find it weird. I'd have thought that he'd be good enough to back up Sergi Roberto, but I guess they want someone else with a higher floor than Wague.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
SPAL are ahead of Genoa to sign Inter's Sebastiano Esposito on loan (who showed some promise last season for Inter).

EDIT: He will be heading to SPAL on loan.

Last edited:

The Man Himself

Yes he goes via agents and lawyers. But just pointing out that clubs also lie. For instance maybe PSG not confident of getting a LB o lr its not high priority so he didnt say it.
Yes of course clubs lie too but right now throwing in PSG name is pointless. They don't seem to be involved at all.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think the days of taking Romano's word as gospel have died, certainly when it comes to us.
To be honest he hasnt got a lot wrong. We were in for Regulion but didnt want to a clause. We also were looking at Sancho like he said

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's what he said for Reguilon also. Quite likely that our name is being used to drum up interest for the player.
United-linked journalists have also mentioned that we're in talks for Alex Telles. The club is clearly involved in this like they were with Reguilon. Whether they approached the player's camp first or vice versa remains to be seen.

Josep Dowling

Laughable. €20m euros and can’t even get that over the line yet offered him 4 times his current salary. Run by a bunch of clowns.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
To be honest he hasnt got a lot wrong. We were in for Regulion but didnt want to a clause. We also were looking at Sancho like he said
On the very day he joined Spurs somebody asked him Spurs or United and he replied 'United'. 4 hrs later he'd agreed to go to Spurs and it became evident United didn't even entertain the idea because of the release clause

He's been well off the mark with United news all summer. Didn't know about Sancho contract extension or DVB either.

CG1010

United-linked journalists have also mentioned that we're in talks for Alex Telles. The club is clearly involved in this like they were with Reguilon. Whether they approached the player's camp first or vice versa remains to be seen.
Yeah probably involved but we don't know to what degree.. its quite possible that our interest is being exaggerated again.

pascell

Laughable. €20m euros and can’t even get that over the line yet offered him 4 times his current salary. Run by a bunch of clowns.
Does that surprise you when we have Williams on £65k a week who is our current 'back up' LB? Rojo & Jones who we can't shift on >£100k a week. DdG on >£300k a week.

We've been a shambles for years, not just this summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah probably involved but we don't know to what degree.. its quite possible that our interest is being exaggerated again.
It's not like we were just monitoring players in either situation; in both cases, we were directly in talks with the player's camps and their clubs. In Reguilon's case, the player's camp pushed the player to us, and we went along with it. In Telles' case, we don't know (yet). Regardless, the fact that Telles wants to leave is something that we will use to lower his price (even if 20 million Euros is relatively cheap); you just know that the club will look to save money wherever possible and won't care about how Porto or Telles would feel about this.

dev1l

Hmm if I remember a similar thing was happening with Dembele. If United pay up they won’t refuse. They’re the biggest selling club there is.
They re basically telling us.....if we sell we look silly....so you need to pay more

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They re basically telling us.....if we sell we look silly....so you need to pay more
Yep. I think we didn’t take the August 10th deadline seriously and now they’re standing firm on the price so we’re currently looking around for alternatives with 0 urgency. I think we may see a deadline day where we come up with another Ighalo half-arsed appeasement.

dev1l

Yep. I think we didn’t take the August 10th deadline seriously and now they’re standing firm on the price so we’re currently looking around for alternatives with 0 urgency. I think we may see a deadline day where we come up with another Ighalo half-arsed appeasement.
Our negotiations take ages....

Status
Not open for further replies.