Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

I'm tired of hearing this sort of rhetoric shit too! So naive!

Because 100M is just nothing or peanuts to a team like Man Utd.

100M is about a 1/3 of Newcastle's WHOLE CLUB (They were due to be sold for just over £350M) and I'd suspect Villa are priced at the same or less than what Newcastle are.

But yes, let's just go and spunk money on a bunch of players because smaller clubs are managing it.

Football fans are so fickle these days and want a shiny new toy each year to get all excited over.

Yes we need investment and yes we need players.

But don't go dismissing a 100M+ loss as nothing and how it simply won't affect the rest of the clubs financial out goings.
If I'm not mistaken you spouted this crap before, we are the only club using covid as an excuse to do nothing to strengthen when the team is miles off the top, and it'll be Ole that pays the price with his job when the succubus owners don't get their CL money when we don't get top 4.

It's got nothing to do with a shiny new toys or fickleness, that's a crock of shit used to excuse the bean counting trash who are ruining our club, we've not had a proper right winger since Valencia transitioned to RB, that's ludicrous for any club nevermind one our size, we have no actual left footed LB cover, a host of dud CB's, no holding midfielder capable of playing a full season and a set of bang average attackers when you get past the starting 3, so it's about fans wanting the best for our club and wanting Ole to have the best chance at succeeding.

We keep handing out contracts to crap like Jones, Lingard and Pereira and extending players like Mata on huge wages despite him only having a bit part with a handful of good performances, we currently have 2 keepers on enormous wages despite it not being a position that is regularly rotated on form or subbed during game's, meaning we are paying 1 guy over a 100k to sit on his arse most weeks, and if Henderson takes the spot we'll be paying someone 300k a week to sit on his arse, we paid £80M+ for Maguire who is nothing more than a decent CB but wont front up for a generational talent because the board are using a global pandemic despite bleeding more money out of our club for their pockets than any other top 6 club and making stupid use of the club's money, so don't go defending this horseshit, don't be naive and let them con you into accepting their excuses, they did the same to Mourinho, got top 4, bag secured for the dividends with CL, purse strings pulled in, this is rinse and repeat, they are not interested in this club being the best, just good enough to get them CL money.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Juve are looking to bring Federico Chiesa in but have to release Khedira and sell Douglas Costa first.
If not Sancho, he'd be the one. He'll prove a huge success at Juve.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
A lot of people turning their noses up at Chiesa earlier in the Summer. I'll bet most of us would take your hand off to land him now.

Infra-red

It's definitely one to discuss in another thread, but the more I think about it the more I feel that the Coronavirus pandemic could be the catalyst to get the Glazers to sell.
Rather like shifting the deadwood throughout the squad, the problem is finding a willing buyer.

I can't imagine there would be many takers, if the Glazers decided they wanted out right now.

KW2006

Rather like shifting the deadwood throughout the squad, the problem is finding a willing buyer.

I can't imagine there would be many takers, if the Glazers decided they wanted out right now.
Maybe a tech player. Elon Musk?

croadyman

Yeah there would be very few people with around 5 bn knocking around apart from maybe Saudis with human rights issues.

croadyman

Think Utd genuinely believe if they keep putting out statements about the effect on COVID that we will eventually feel sorry for them

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Surely this is only if we go an entire season without fans in stadium? I can't see how Covid would effect other areas of our business so badly? It's not like people still can't sponsor us/we're not on TV...

Still not bad..

Kostov

Surely this is only if we go an entire season without fans in stadium? I can't see how Covid would effect other areas of our business so badly? It's not like people still can't sponsor us/we're not on TV...
I really can't bother and pay too much attention when I see our rivals go out and spend big money. City have done it, Chelsea have done it, but also Liverpool and even Arsenal have improved (albeit not spending too much on transfer fees) while not having the benefit of ultra spending owners.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Still not bad..
Surely TV companies could only ask for a rebate if their viewing figures are lower? Which I'm sure would be unlikely.

Plus, every game is on TV - and Sky/BT are getting to show loads more games, and even the BBC are able to show games, so I don't see what leg any of these companies would have to stand on to ask for money back. Premier League should tell them to do one if they do.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I really can't bother and pay too much attention when I see our rivals go out and spend big money. City have done it, Chelsea have done it, but also Liverpool and even Arsenal have improved (albeit not spending too much on transfer fees) while not having the benefit of ultra spending owners.
This is another point... if your scouts are doing their jobs you don't even need to spend that much money.

I'm sure everyone here (bar a few Sancho muppets) would happy to just bring bodies in that improve the squad, and don't especially need the club to spend £100m to do so.

Josep Dowling

City and Chelsea are outliers in this scenario because they have billionaire owners interested in their club.

However Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are financially in worse positions than us yet have splashed the cash. Spurs in particular have a brand new stadium to pay for. I appreciate the club will lose revenue in the millions but we are not asking for Sancho or nothing. There are other players who can bolster the squad. That is my gripe with them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Florentino Luis from Benfica to Monaco confirmed.
Looking forward to watching him here. He has a lot of potential I think. A tackling machine. Potentially a perfect type of DM for certain offensive minded midfields.

Craig Ward

We better have a Mbappe deal sealed up for next summer, the way things are going. :mad:
ha ha - dream on.

We've had a free run at Sancho ALL summer with no other clubs coming into bid and our board still cant get a deal done.

We have no chance competing with other clubs - we are so backwards with transfer dealings its unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.