Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

I probably was watching old vids tbf. And he looked more of a defensive fullback than a attacking one.
Scored 4 and assisted 7 last season and solid defensively which I think is pretty impressive

Red_toad

I probably was watching old vids tbf. And he looked more of a defensive fullback than a attacking one.
Yeah that's what I meant AWB is pretty much the ultimate defensive fullback, be difficult to match him. Mykolenko likes to shut down his man, but will get forward when the chance arises.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Scored 4 and assisted 7 last season and solid defensively which I think is pretty impressive
He does look like someone who would be solid defensively that's for sure but it's not something I would particularly put emphasis on if my aim was to play proactive football.

But having said that you can't really judge players via their highlight vids.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Elfrink is the main man for PSV news and he's reporting that PSV are not wasting any time and have approved the signing of Ibrahim Sangare with the signing possibly largely completely today.

@bucky It'll be interesting to see how he does at PSV. It's one of the teams I'm following this season.

Maureen-yo

Well no it’s not.

It’s been done to death the last couple of days.Transfers have absolutely no relevance to quarterly balance sheets and why wait until the next quarter to buy Sancho when that quarter would look absolutely fecked instead? What would be the point in that? Happy New Year shareholders we are over £150m down in the third quarter but second quarter was not too bad.

This is exactly what I’m talking about: Stock exchange, shirt sales, fax machine etc.

Utter bollocks the media spout which then becomes perceived wisdom with absolutely no critical analysis or thought whatsoever.
Well no it’s not.

It’s been done to death the last couple of days.Transfers have absolutely no relevance to quarterly balance sheets and why wait until the next quarter to buy Sancho when that quarter would look absolutely fecked instead? What would be the point in that? Happy New Year shareholders we are over £150m down in the third quarter but second quarter was not too bad.

This is exactly what I’m talking about: Stock exchange, shirt sales, fax machine etc.

Utter bollocks the media spout which then becomes perceived wisdom with absolutely no critical analysis or thought whatsoever.
Of course transfers make a difference to balance sheets if the fees are paid in lump sums and not staggered. If, and it’s a big if, any of this is true and hasn’t been waived given the pandemic, it would make sense to have the DVB and Sancho signing in 2 separate quarters wouldn’t it?
I agree with your point, the media just run with any crumbs of a story about United because it sells even if it’s not entirely accurate or just blatant bullshit.

Cliche Guevara

Of course transfers make a difference to balance sheets if the fees are paid in lump sums and not staggered. If, and it’s a big if, any of this is true and hasn’t been waived given the pandemic, it would make sense to have the DVB and Sancho signing in 2 separate quarters wouldn’t it?
I agree with your point, the media just run with any crumbs of a story about United because it sells even if it’s not entirely accurate or just blatant bullshit.
No they don’t.

Why would it make sense? When have you ever heard anything like that in your life?

Enfant terrible

Well no it’s not.

Public listed companies work very much like what you described was utter bollocks.Their main and sole responsibility is to generate value for the stockholders.

4th quarter, is in our case, a period that is reasonable to expect to generate large amounts of profit (media exposure, boxing day, customers spending 300÷ more than usual - festive season, etc.). Dividends are also usually paid out after that quarter, so it is logical for a company to present first 3 quarters in a positive manner as much as they can to raise attractiveness and price of the stock, which by itself again generates "profit" or the value of the company.

We can't know due dates of club's liabilities and expected payments, so we can only guess, bit it is not utter bollocks.

I dont have any more posts, so edited the response. I was not taking about financial year end, "mate", I was talking about paying out dividends. That has nothing to do with end of financial year.

Check

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/102714/how-and-when-are-stock-dividends-paid-out.asp

Last edited:

Enfant terrible

This is true

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Before this summer:
Stones
Mari
Laporte
Mendy
Walker
Danilo
Cancelo
Angelino
Garcia

Since the start of the 16/17 season when Pep went to City, they've spent £370.26m on defenders:

Mari £0.18m
Zinchenko£1.8m
Stones £50.04m
Danilo £27m
Walker £47.43m
Mendy £51.75m
Laporte £58.5m
Itakura £0.99m
Sandler £2.25m
Porro £10.8m
Angelino £10.8m
Cancelo £58.5m
Kabore £4.05m
Couto £5.4m
Ake £40.77m

In comparison, United have spent £169.2m:

Bailly £34.2m
Lindelof £31.5m
Dalot £19.8m
AWB £49.5m
Maguire £78.3m

Reactions: roonster09

K Stand Knut

Since the start of the 16/17 season when Pep went to City, they've spent £370.26m on defenders:

Mari £0.18m
Zinchenko£1.8m
Stones £50.04m
Danilo £27m
Walker £47.43m
Mendy £51.75m
Laporte £58.5m
Itakura £0.99m
Sandler £2.25m
Porro £10.8m
Angelino £10.8m
Cancelo £58.5m
Kabore £4.05m
Couto £5.4m
Ake £40.77m

Bailly £34.2m
Lindelof £31.5m
Dalot £19.8m
AWB £49.5m
Maguire £78.3m
which is why Pep deserves a damn sight more criticism than he getS and why we are clearly clowns in the transfer market

Cliche Guevara

Public listed companies work very much like what you described was utter bollocks.Their main and sole responsibility is to generate value for the stockholders.

4th quarter, is in our case, a period that is reasonable to expect to generate large amounts of profit (media exposure, boxing day, customers spending 300÷ more than usual - festive season, etc.). Dividends are also usually paid out after that quarter, so it is logical for a company to present first 3 quarters in a positive manner as much as they can to raise attractiveness and price of the stock, which by itself again generates "profit" or the value of the company.

We can't know due dates of club's liabilities and expected payments, so we can only guess, bit it is not utter bollocks.
Erm the financial year ends in April mate.

Luckhurst’s theory has already been debunked as utter shite. He evidently totally got the wrong end of the stick.

Enfant terrible

No they don’t.

Why would it make sense? When have you ever heard anything like that in your life?
Maybe this helps.

Football players are recruited. The same as company employees are recruited. They contribute as revenue generating assets. In a manufacturing company, employee salaries are charged as expenses to match against revenues in the income statement. However, the value of employees is not seen as "assets" in the balance sheet.

Slightly different, footballers are recruited for a certain fee. More talented player is more expensive to recruit. Certain cost is applied if the players are recruited from other club. Such cost may include transfer fees, intermediation fees and other related costs. Clubs buying players would earn “rights to use” the players to generate revenues.

In the accounting world, “rights” are considered as intangible assets. Football player is contracted for a period of time. The benefits enjoyed by the club are limited to the period of contract. Thus, football players have limited useful life. Intangible asset includes players transfer rights and costs incurred to acquire such rights. These rights are measured at acquisition cost and amortized on a straight-line basis over the term of each player’s contract. The asset is initially recognized at the date the acquisition contract enters into force.

After initial recognition, this asset is subsequently measured at cost less any accumulated amortization and impairment loss. The cost of the intermediation services incurred in player acquisitions is recognized as an increase in the acquisition cost and amortized on a straight line basis over the life of the player’s contract.

At the end of each reporting period, the value of players is assessed to assess any indication of impairment. If there is an objective and clear evidence that it is impaired before the date of issuance of the financial statements, the related impairment loss is recognized. Club usually conduct analysis, on an individual and collective basis, of the value of its players’ potential to identify whether there are any indications that the value of players are impaired or not.

A player is sometime excluded from the playing squad due to career threatening injury or any reason that it is unlikely a particular player will be able to play for the club again. If such circumstances happened and considered permanent, then the carrying value of the player would be assessed at best estimate of fair value less any costs to sell and a provision would be made.

Players are not any more recognized as an asset at the date of disposal, transfer, cancellation of the contract, or expiry of the contractual rights over the players. The club will recognize gain or loss until either the sale or transfer contract has been signed, or until the player’s contract expires. The club will then recognize transfer fees as revenue.

https://www.rsm.global/indonesia/en/insights/articles/football-stars-intangible-assets

Examples of liabilities are -
Bank debt.
Mortgage debt.
Money owed to suppliers (accounts payable)
Wages owed.
Taxes owed.

Also check for any text explaining asssets vs. Libilities for deeper understanding

Reactions: Fortitude

Pep's Suit

Mari £0.18m
Zinchenko£1.8m
Stones £50.04m
Danilo £27m
Walker £47.43m
Mendy £51.75m
Laporte £58.5m
Itakura £0.99m
Sandler £2.25m
Porro £10.8m
Angelino £10.8m
Cancelo £58.5m
Kabore £4.05m
Couto £5.4m
Ake £40.77m

Bailly £34.2m
Lindelof £31.5m
Dalot £19.8m
AWB £49.5m
Maguire £78.3m
To be fair, a lot of them are basically CFG signings, Danilo was sold for £30m and Angelino+Zinchenko will be sold with nice profit. Obviously Stones and Mendy are huge dissapointments and City will lose a lot of money there but also Sandler and Porro had huge potential but both hardly played during their loans last season.

Enfant terrible

Luckhurst’s theory has already been debunked as utter shite. He evidently totally got the wrong end of the stick.
End of financial year doesent have to do anything with paying out dividends.

How and When Are Stock Dividends Paid Out?

Usually, both the date and the amount is determined on a quarterly basis, after a company finalizes its income statement and the board of directors meets to review the company's financials.

A dividend is the distribution of some of a company's earnings to a class of its shareholders.

If a company elects to distribute dividends, usually, both the date and the amount is determined on a quarterly basis, after a company finalizes its income statement and the board of directors meets to review the company's financials.

On the declaration date, the Board of Directors announces the dividend, the size of the dividend, the record date, and the payment date.
The record date is the day by which you must be on the company’s books as a shareholder so as to receive the declared dividend.

Buy the stock before the ex-dividend date and you get the dividend; buy it on or after the ex-date, and you don't - the seller of the stock gets it.

The payment date is when the company pays the declared dividend only to shareholders who own the stock before the ex-date.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/102714/how-and-when-are-stock-dividends-paid-out.asp

Reactions: golden_blunder

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
it is when you consider their ages at the time of the purchases and the fact that every summer it is the area they still need to strengthen in.

it is also about the quality of the players and the money spent.
You want them to buy worse/older players than what they are getting rid of?

Amerifan

Mari £0.18m
Zinchenko£1.8m
Stones £50.04m
Danilo £27m
Walker £47.43m
Mendy £51.75m
Laporte £58.5m
Itakura £0.99m
Sandler £2.25m
Porro £10.8m
Angelino £10.8m
Cancelo £58.5m
Kabore £4.05m
Couto £5.4m
Ake £40.77m

Bailly £34.2m
Lindelof £31.5m
Dalot £19.8m
AWB £49.5m
Maguire £78.3m
Jury’s still out on Ake, but £370.26m for one reliable defender, Laporte, who’s crocked. We’re positively brilliant by comparison.

rotherham_red

No, honestly don't know who the player is. Haven't asked. I only know Andy through a forum, not from meeting him face to face.
I can attest to this. I'm on the same forum, and saw the exact same message from Andy.

Ill-informed caf members spouting off rubbish is a real bugbear of mine, but what can you do. I commend you for your patience Gary.

Pavl3n

In that case I'm selling a KitKat for 50p unless you're rich and then its £50... Christ this sports managed poorly.
Even though it infuriates me, the world kind of works this way.
A t-shirt costs around £15. But if you're rich you're buying Gucci t-shirt for £250.
I know it doesn't always work that way - but generally, you get the drift.

Superden

so if we lose this week, will the weeks social media be full of panic buying links or ole out?

Riz

Even though it infuriates me, the world kind of works this way.
A t-shirt costs around £15. But if you're rich you're buying Gucci t-shirt for £250.
I know it doesn't always work that way - but generally, you get the drift.
That analogy doesn’t quite work since the t-shirt and the Gucci t-shirt are different items of different quality.

The Burnley situation is more like 2 people going to buy the same t-shirt in a shop but being charged different prices at the checkout depending on their salaries.

gajender

That is so bloody annoying. The top club tax. So if Wolves come knocking, £40 will be enough to part ways with him, but if we offered £45 - that won't be enough.
That analogy doesn’t quite work since the t-shirt and the Gucci t-shirt are different items of different quality.

The Burnley situation is more like 2 people going to buy the same t-shirt in a shop but being charged different prices at the checkout depending on their salaries.

I think you both don't have the clear understanding of this clause, firstly this clause doesn't mean Burnley won't or can't sell for less than 50m if they choose to if United, City or Liverpool come knocking for Tarkowski ,as one of the posters mentioned it's basically a Clause inserted at the request of Player so that if any of these team come for him Burnley simply can't block the sale if they pay the release clause unlike other teams where they can simply refuse the sale at any price if they choose to.

TheLord

That spooky logic in the video could work the other way round.

From United's perspective, even if the logic of getting a 'paltry' discount is true, it is much better value getting a player early in the window as it has a positive downstream effect on merchandise sales, sponsorship deals, media-coverage, season/hospitality tickets (may not be relevant in today's context), and of course, gives the player (and the manager) the best chance to perform well in the season. This season will be extremely difficult, and every point is crucial. Buying Sancho 'on time' could be the difference between playing in the Champions League and the Europa League next season. The monetary prize difference in the two competitions is reason enough to rebut the argument that United are waiting to lower Sancho's transfer fee.

From Dortumund's perspective, if United make an offer in the final week, they may not sell for a penny less than 108m, when they could have been more open to an offer in the range of 90m earlier in the window. Dortmund are a 'selling club', but they are not a low-mid-table side without any aspirations. Clubs don't want to sell an important player when the season has already started and a suitable replacement may be impossible. Selling an important first-team player in the dying moments of the transfer window (who has at least two more years in the contract) is also terrible from a PR perspective unless the player starts throwing tantrums, which I'm sure Jadon hasn't/won't.

sparx99

Jury’s still out on Ake, but £370.26m for one reliable defender, Laporte, who’s crocked. We’re positively brilliant by comparison.
Not sure Walker should be written off. He’s been a key part of a 100pt season and domestic treble.

Maureen-yo

I work for Walgreens and our financial year (even for the English subsidiaries inc Boots, Alliance Healthcare etc) is from September to September not the European April to April.

Maureen-yo

No they don’t.

Are you joking?

Let’s take a different business model and relate it. A retailer buys a new computer system to optimise their service/output. They pay for that and it obviously shows on their P and L as an investment and eats in to their net profit margin for that financial year.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If Lyon are pricing him above the buy-back clause we supposedly have - could we not buy him and sell him on making a bit of money at the same time, but still for less than Barca would pay directly to Lyon?

I acknowledge this would take up all of the time our recruitment team of banksters have got :lol:

cj_sparky

If Lyon are pricing him above the buy-back clause we supposedly have - could we not buy him and sell him on making a bit of money at the same time, but still for less than Barca would pay directly to Lyon?

I acknowledge this would take up all of the time our recruitment team of banksters have got :lol:
French League rules don't allow buy back clauses, minimum release fees or first options. Our first option wouldn't be on paper.

sparx99

Jens Petter Hauge was linked with United recently via Tommy Moller Nielsen going to watch a few of his team's matches. He's now being linked with AC Milan.
Imagine only being known as Erling Haaland's friend.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has confirmed that Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Aouar.

EDIT: Forgot the translation
Transfers: Houssem Aouar (OL) in agreement with Arsenal -⁦ @OL: there will be very few departures: for Houssem Arsenal is too far from his value: we are counting on him to play a great match in Lorient and lead OL in CL next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.