Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Charlie Austin's going back to QPR on loan.
Fits in with their supposed new approach of getting in young talent to develop and make a profit on and not with their old blow huge wages on past it players :lol: don't ever change rara's

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Lyon's sporting director confirms that "Moussa Dembélé has lost his motivation and wants to change teams...we are negotiating with Atlético de Madrid." Everything indicates that it [the loan transfer] will close in the next few hours.

Last edited:

Devil81

Ravel Morrison has come to an agreement with ADO Den Haag to terminate his contract with them.

Hardly a surprise given he's played about 65 minutes all season.

Got to be fitness levels now.

Red_toad

I'm so tired of players coming out saying how much potential he had and what could have been.

Maybe just maybe, he wasn't actually that good?!
He was that good and they do have a valid point. Scroll past if you’ve no interest, it’s simple.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'm so tired of players coming out saying how much potential he had and what could have been.

Imagine thinking this is anything other than an issue with his personality. Like seeing someone with a new job every three months on their CV.

Joker.
Absolutely. Any maybe attitude towards the game should be considered as being a part of "the natural talent" people look for. Ability without the capacity to apply it is pointless.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Absolutely. Any maybe attitude towards the game should be considered as being a part of "the natural talent" people look for. Ability without the capacity to apply it is pointless.
Totally agree. If you're the best dribbler at United for a few months in the youth and first team training but seemingly cannot replicate anything on match day, how on earth are you a good player.

A good player is one who has the talent, mentality and physical side of the game.

It's like when people talk about players with talent who can't stay fit. Part of being a great player is staying fit.

Rant over.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Totally agree. If you're the best dribbler at United for a few months in the youth and first team training but seemingly cannot replicate anything on match day, how on earth are you a good player.

A good player is one who has the talent, mentality and physical side of the game.

It's like when people talk about players with talent who can't stay fit. Part of being a great player is staying fit.

Rant over.
Completely. And it's why breaking into the game, let alone a club like Utd, is so difficult.

It's so rare to have that mixture to an elite standard, let alone the luck required to fall on your side at the opportune moments (the right coaches, injuries opening up opportunities for you, club qualifying for comps that allow them to rotate players, etc).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Did you actually watch any of his performances when he was in the Youth?

sillwuka

Did you actually watch any of his performances when he was in the Youth?
Yeah I followed the Reserves a bit more back then, didn't watch every game but I was aware of the talent in and around the time we won the Fa youth cup with Lingard, Ravel, Tunnicliffe.

He had talent and was our best player in that Reserve team so I guess you could say he was good back then. Did he ever translate that to First team football. Did he ever realise his talent? Nope

Inigo Montoya

Yeah I followed the Reserves a bit more back then, didn't watch every game but I was aware of the talent in and around the time we won the Fa youth cup with Lingard, Ravel, Tunnicliffe.

He had talent and was our best player in that Reserve team so I guess you could say he was good back then. Did he ever translate that to First team football. Did he ever realise his talent? Nope
That's a different issue to, 'was he ever all that.' He clearly was but for whatever reason, he never applied himself professionally. He's not the first and won't be the last

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That's a different issue to, 'was he ever all that.' He clearly was but for whatever reason, he never applied himself professionally. He's not the first and won't be the last
That is why I don't get too excited over the young players. Some just don't seem to handle being praised to the heavens very well, Ravel I think some of it was the company he kept. Sometimes it is a player with less talent, but his attitude is spot on will be the one who makes it. It can even be taking a couple of bad knocks to their confidence, but they still have the will to make it.

Inigo Montoya

That is why I don't get too excited over the young players. Some just don't seem to handle being praised to the heavens very well, Ravel I think some of it was the company he kept. Sometimes it is a player with less talent, but his attitude is spot on will be the one who makes it. It can even be taking a couple of bad knocks to their confidence, but they still have the will to make it.
Marcus, Scott...superb examples

CM

Charlie Austin's going back to QPR on loan.
Good signing tbf. QPR are desperate for a goalscorer - if he's half as good as he was in the first stint he'll keep them up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
After talking about Moussa Dembélé, Juninho now speaks up about a potential replacement.

Source: Le Progres

It is not easy to find a striker who agrees to come and play for 6 months. At the start of the season, I spoke with Slimani and we reached an agreement. He wants to come to us but there is nothing done yet.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
PSG have some way to go, but there seems to be progress towards getting Dele Alli in.
  • PSG and Spurs are actively negotiating.
  • A transfer situation involving 3 clubs in total
    • Inter Milan want Leandro Paredes
    • Spurs might be interested in Eriksen returning (speculative and Tanzi's opinion)
    • These would make it easier for PSG to afford Alli and Spurs to let him go
  • Ultimately, PSG need to sell before they can buy.
    • Paredes rejected leaving PSG in the summer for Inter, but neither Inter nor PSG will give up on that possibility.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Beppe Marotta speaks up about Inter's prospects in the January window.

The [transfer] market? There are no feasible options.
I don't get what the last sentence is supposed to mean, but I don't think it's too important.

Status
Not open for further replies.