Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Can't believe Jones is still at the club. What the feck were we thinking handing him all those contract extensions?

E-mal

I can’t help feeling that this news being in the public domain doesn’t really help us in finding a buyer.

“Yeah, sure, his knee is completely fecked but on the upside, he’s been doing a huge amount of low intensity stretching in an attempt to pull the wool over your eyes and make his smashed up knee your problem. Shall we shake hands at £20m?”.
With the way you painted it, it does look dumb. :lol:

E-mal

No one is good on ESPN FC. Literally no one including Gab. People from the cafe will be better unbiased analysts than any of them.
100% this. The worst of the lot is Craig Burley. The man is absolutley dumb.
Hislop shouldn't be on TV and I'd rather fall of a cliff than listen to that Mexican guy, whatever his name is.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Okay, Tancredi may have been exaggerating on the Cavani news, but there is some substance to it.

Translation:
Edinson Cavani & Benfica agree on the duration of the contract (3 years) but still far from a financial agreement. The Portuguese club will have to make a financial effort to attain the former PSG striker.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Gattuso is keeping his cards to his chest when it comes to his future with Napoli.

Key quote:
During the conference, Gattuso focused on his future in Naples: "We will meet with De Laurentiis in the next few days but I still have a year of contract here. What I think I will tell him in private. I have to thank him for bringing me here and for the people I met in Naples. Contracts count for nothing, I want to work calmly and feel good where I am."

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I can’t help feeling that this news being in the public domain doesn’t really help us in finding a buyer.

“Yeah, sure, his knee is completely fecked but on the upside, he’s been doing a huge amount of low intensity stretching in an attempt to pull the wool over your eyes and make his smashed up knee your problem. Shall we shake hands at £20m?”.
I'll be surprised if we can find buyers. He's either stay or going on loan. Who wants to take a risk buying injury prone centre back struggling to stay fit? May be if it's for 5m.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
No one is good on ESPN FC. Literally no one including Gab. People from the cafe will be better unbiased analysts than any of them.
100% this. The worst of the lot is Craig Burley. The man is absolutley dumb.
Hislop shouldn't be on TV and I'd rather fall of a cliff than listen to that Mexican guy, whatever his name is.
I agree. I don’t follow espn anymore. Caf is the best for all transfer news and analysis. But Honigstein, Marcotti & Laurens aren’t in the same category where Burley and all come in.

kidbob

Barcelona also took a pass... he did a fine job at Spurs no doubt. But I disagree with him being a sure thing for success if hired. His failure this season was pretty surprising considering he got money to improve the team and kept his best players.
I thought I heard that he doesn't want to manage Barca due to his playing history at Espanyol. Seems crazy but maybe he is a very loyal guy.

kidbob

Carlos Tevez extends his stay with Boca Juniors.
I'm in the minority but I actually like the guy. Talented as hell and gave his all on the pitch for us. They City stuff came about because of his weird ownership stuff. The sign he held up was a mistake but I think it happened because he was genuinely hurt at not signing for us.

stevoc

I'm in the minority but I actually like the guy. Talented as hell and gave his all on the pitch for us. They City stuff came about because of his weird ownership stuff. The sign he held up was a mistake but I think it happened because he was genuinely hurt at not signing for us.
Yeah the £280k and £47m transfer fee vs the £120k - £25m United has agreed probably had a little bit to do with it too.

In fact it was probably 100% that.

Jibbs

Are you trolling on here :lol:

He’d be a huge step backwards compared to what we already have.
I think he is at the same level as Lindelof, and in some ways better and since he is english and resides in Manchester it will be an easy transition for him. Goes without saying he is better than the rest of our defenders except ofcourse Maguire.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think he is at the same level as Lindelof, and in some ways better and since he is english and resides in Manchester it will be an easy transition for him. Goes without saying he is better than the rest of our defenders except ofcourse Maguire.
Same level as Lindelof?? And better than the rest of the defenders except Maguire??

How can you factually prove that? He’s been horrible. Can’t even get playing time ahead of a 19 year old Garcia. Or Otamendi. Fernandinho being a CDM has gotten more minutes as a CB instead of Stones.

I don’t know what football you’re watching and where you get your stats from.

Jibbs

Same level as Lindelof?? And better than the rest of the defenders except Maguire??

How can you factually prove that? He’s been horrible. Can’t even get playing time ahead of a 19 year old Garcia. Or Otamendi. Fernandinho being a CDM has gotten more minutes as a CB instead of Stones.

I don’t know what football you’re watching and where you get your stats from.
There are not many first XI united players who will get in Pep's side. And it is not because they are inferior to City's players but because Pep plays a certain way and demands his players adopt to it. Doesn't make the players who are not able to adjust in his system inferior.
Both Smalling and Jones are up for sale. Stones is definitely better than Jones and arguably at par with Smalling. Who is left...Bailly? Who is injured 90% of the time. United is horribly short in defense. We need couple of signings and definitely one if Tuanzebe steps up.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
There are not many first XI united players who will get in Pep's side. And it is not because they are inferior to City's players but because Pep plays a certain way and demands his players adopt to it. Doesn't make the players who are not able to adjust in his system inferior.
Both Smalling and Jones are up for sale. Stones is definitely better than Jones and arguably at par with Smalling. Who is left...Bailly? Who is injured 90% of the time. United is horribly short in defense. We need couple of signings and definitely one if Tuanzebe steps up.
Pep is the one who bought him since he suited his playing style well!

Also - he is nowhere better than Smalling! Better than Jones only.

And short in defense? We have 7 CBs.

Now I’m definitely confused where you get all your info from

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Stretford Paddock is that Howson’s channel? We ought to avoid posting their shite in here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ed : "Hey Jose, can you please give me the number of your mouthpiece?"
Jose : "You dare to call me after sacking me? just so you know I am an intelligent c*nt, not a stupid c*nt"
Ed : "I want to sell Matic to Tottenham"
Jose : "Say no more fam. Check your inbox"

Jibbs

Pep is the one who bought him since he suited his playing style well!

Also - he is nowhere better than Smalling! Better than Jones only.

And short in defense? We have 7 CBs.

Now I’m definitely confused where you get all your info from
Who are those 7 defenders...after Lindelof and Maguire, we have Smalling, who in all likelihood will be sold. Jones and Bailly.... they both are mostly injured and are unreliable, and most likely club wants to get rid of them both. Tuanzebe, who is unproven at premier league level and was injured the whole season. So who are your 7 defenders. We don't have anyone reliable to slot in if Lindelof or Maguire gets injured.

Last edited:

KC91

Gattuso is keeping his cards to his chest when it comes to his future with Napoli.

Key quote:
Napoli should extend him for a few years.

He’s a great motivator, and has that squad buying into his tactical style. They have a deep enough squad to compete on all fronts now, and who knows how wide open the scudetto race will be next season with so much uncertainty at Juve & Inter.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think for 20 million stones is worth a punt to whoever city will sell to. He was decent before he went there. He may have a resurgence and get back on track and then 20 million could end up looking like good business in a season or 2. If it doesn’t work out it’s not the end of the world. He was never ever worth the 50 mind you.

TheLord

I think Benrahma is one of the best "value-for-money" players available in the ongoing window. He should be a good transfer for Spurs, if this deal happens.
If I am not mistaken, Chelsea were also interested in him sometime back. He would be a good "squad" player at Chelsea and a good "starting" player for Spurs.

Pep's Suit

Stones simply didnt improve since he joined City, even Mangala improved a bit under Pep. Plus his personal life is a mess. Obviously there are worse players but his level is some club finishing between 8th-14th.

sparx99

Stones simply didnt improve since he joined City, even Mangala improved a bit under Pep. Plus his personal life is a mess. Obviously there are worse players but his level is some club finishing between 8th-14th.
West Ham player

Status
Not open for further replies.