Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
You don't need to be a mind reader to see the situation with Pogba. When he thought he could move to another club he was sulking, now that he realized no one is breaking down the door for him, he has put his head down and is performing. If you can't see that, then yes, lack of IQ must come into play.
Or maybe i dont write bullshit against people who i dont know just by looking at few interviews?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Obviously trying to get City to make a move by dangling supposed United interest in front of it

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Obviously trying to get City to make a move by dangling supposed United interest in front of it
I actually have a feeling there is some truth to this. We seem to be trying to offload CBs and did not put in a bid for Ake...
Ive also heard Ole talking about needed a faster CB

Lee565

Why do they do this, it's basically the story of the boy who cried wolf, how will they expect to be taken seriously when they actually do have exclusive transfer news.

Wouldn't mind getting him as a squad player for that type of price, much better than the likes of lingard, mata, Pereira.

Not the greatest of players but 10 million euros for both is pretty good deal, mostly because of parejo who consistently does delivers for Valencia season after season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good use of common sense in the reports of Smalling possibly heading,or gaining interest from Inter Milan.

He transitioned into the style of football and working environment comfortably in Italy.
The host of former United players already situated at Inter should make a possible adaptation easy, as he clearly has a good working relationship with all of the former United boys.
Due to his history with his former colleagues info would've been passed on between these particular players and a few individuals working in their transfer committee,info spread like personality,strengths and weaknesses in playing style etc.

With the reports of Inter likely looking for a Skriniar replacement,possibly involving a swap with Tottenham's Ndombele, then bringing in a experienced defender in Smalling and with full knowledge of the info above then I think there's alot of logic displayed in this supposed interest.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

No longer on the Koulabaly train. Hope we don’t spend 70m on him. Also they haven’t really dropped his price. It’s been between 70-80m for like 2 years now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No longer on the Koulabaly train. Hope we don’t spend 70m on him. Also they haven’t really dropped his price. It’s been between 70-80m for like 2 years now.
It was pay his 150m euro clause last summer and the summer before. We were heavily linked before we signed Maguire

Why haven't we signed anyone yet? Surely we have other targets we could have wrapped up other than Sancho.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think it's our usual incompetence of only being able to work on one deal that's holding things up. I think it's more that we can't be seen to spend tens of millions on a defender when we're in a delicate haggling stage with Dortmund over payment plans.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sancho is our number 1 transfer priority this window. Other signings will be dependant on who we move on out of the club.

Walters_19_MuFc

Whilst Spurs fan may not want it, if rumours are to believed, I can see why Jose would be interested in Maitland-Niles. Reliable full-back, who is good at both attacking and defending. Nice all-rounded full-back. Doubt he'll make that move, though.

jesperjaap

Smalling has a far far better season 2019/20. I’ve thus far failed to see the hype with Skriniar, doesn’t really excel at anything. Decent enough defender in the right set up for him, not what Ole would be looking for in my opinion.
From the little I have seen of him I totally agree. Not a bad defender but doesnt seem to do anything well at all....he is no better than Lindelof to me and I am no fan of Lindelof either

jesperjaap

Give them Chris and 20m for Skriniar.
No thanks. Whole idea of offloading cb's hopefully is to raise funds to buy another one that has attribures Lindelof certainly doesnt to compliment Maguire....SKriniar f anything in my opinion would actually be a worse partner for Maguire and individually isnt actually very good anyway

jesperjaap

He had a release clause already. Doubt he signed a new deal without one
Lik esomeone already said, screams possibly Munich. I do get the feeling there may be intrested clubs cant afford him this summer and he is almost in agreement with Leipzig to stay another year and then move. We cant hav ebeen that interested as sure we would have made a move otherwise before this happened, shame.

jesperjaap

It's quite possible that he is the only target for this summer. He is going to be hugely expensive.
ALthough obviously an impressive signing, for me that is a scary and possibly true opinion.

I also think the outgoings could be very similar in terms of far less than hoped Rojo/Smalling/Sanchez who were essentially all be it only on loan offloaded anyway and then maybe Dalot and possibly Lingard as the only other two.

Would we genuinely be happy if that was the case? ANother season of Lindelof as the starting centre back if Bailly/Tuanzabe are injured so often, only Matic as the proper DM, Mata/Perreira more than likely as the Fernandes back ups.

Sancho obviously adds quality up front and gives us more options across the front three, especially in terms of what we can do with Greenwood.Also of course takes a bit of pressure off of Fernandes in terms of being creative but behin the front four, still lots of weak areas, doesnt to me add up to a side reading to challenge. Also if we are as meagre again on the outgoings, nest summer we could have deadwood numbers just as high as they are currently.

Excited and frustrated with the ongoign SAncho saga. But just as concerned when (as expect to happen) the transfer is made how it will impact the rest of our window or maybe be the end of it

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
ALthough obviously an impressive signing, for me that is a scary and possibly true opinion.

I also think the outgoings could be very similar in terms of far less than hoped Rojo/Smalling/Sanchez who were essentially all be it only on loan offloaded anyway and then maybe Dalot and possibly Lingard as the only other two.

Would we genuinely be happy if that was the case? ANother season of Lindelof as the starting centre back if Bailly/Tuanzabe are injured so often, only Matic as the proper DM, Mata/Perreira more than likely as the Fernandes back ups.

Sancho obviously adds quality up front and gives us more options across the front three, especially in terms of what we can do with Greenwood.Also of course takes a bit of pressure off of Fernandes in terms of being creative but behin the front four, still lots of weak areas, doesnt to me add up to a side reading to challenge. Also if we are as meagre again on the outgoings, nest summer we could have deadwood numbers just as high as they are currently.

Excited and frustrated with the ongoign SAncho saga. But just as concerned when (as expect to happen) the transfer is made how it will impact the rest of our window or maybe be the end of it
I'd be okay with that, I don't expect us to challenge for the title next season, maybe get a CB or a CDM before the window closes and then next summer buy a player for the other position and maybe a LB to launch a proper challenge

jesperjaap

I'd be okay with that, I don't expect us to challenge for the title next season, maybe get a CB or a CDM before the window closes and then next summer buy a player for the other position and maybe a LB to launch a proper challenge
I agree with all the positions you mention as the main ones too, even potentially gk if DeGea continues to clang.....but THIS window, just Sancho? No cb, no cdm (which I dont expect anyway sadly). For me we would be heavily reliant on Tuanzabe or Mengi to break through next season, one cant stay fit and the other is very young still (I dont know why, but from just his interview and 10mon cameo the otehr day, I have a good feeling about Mengi)

Status
Not open for further replies.