Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
People sign to play under Pep because they buy into his footballing ethos, its attractive and successful. We offer bumper pay rise and a few million more Instagram followers because of our 'brand'.
This is where that "money or Pep" thing comes from right?

Teja

Pep's next mission is to eradicate the striker position altogether, then on to having 10 midfielders on the pitch.
Hey, he won away at Madrid by playing KdB and Bernardo as the front two of a 4-4-2. I honestly don't think he gives a shit about having an out and out #9 that doesn't do a lot during build up / pressing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More on the previously-posted story about Nübel being targeted by Dortmund:
  • Nübel's agent Stefan Backs is open to a two-year loan move to Dortmund for the former Schalke keeper (due to a lack of minutes at Bayern).
  • Other goalkeeper targets
    • Péter Gulásci (RB Leipzig)
      • Salary demands possibly too high
    • Gregor Kobel (Stuttgart)
    • Koen Casteels (Wolfsburg)
  • Bonus: Dortmund are not interested in Manchester United's Dean Henderson

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Some without contracts?

What free transfers could we make?

Or am I reading it wrong..
These quotes without the full context are terribly misleading. He was talking about the players who might be leaving us, not incoming players.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

@WI_Red @Carolina Red You guys will enjoy his tenacity and hardworking nature. He's quite a small player, but I think his pace and good movement will be good in MLS with the added space that's available.

EDIT: He signed for Atlanta United 2, which plays in the USL Championship (one tier below MLS). With that said, he can still appear for their MLS team if he plays well enough.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff

@WI_Red @Carolina Red You guys will enjoy his tenacity and hardworking nature. He's quite a small player, but I think his pace and good movement will be good in MLS with the added space that's available.

EDIT: He signed for Atlanta United 2, which plays in the USL Championship (one tier below MLS). With that said, he can still appear for their MLS team if he plays well enough.
Good stuff! I appreciate the info!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Those rejects are about to win serie A. Inters first in like 8-12 years?

They owe us
One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that. At the time we all couldn't wait to get rid of them, just because they've got a tune out of them changes nothing. They helped us out massively.

Barnslig

I think he was referring to renewals of players of ours out of contract. Cavani etc.
I also read it as we're going to have players on outgoing contracts leave, and we're also going to have to get rid of some players whose contracts are not running out at the end of the year. Hopefully he means Jones, Lingard, etc.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah right.

Then again knowing our board would it be that surprising if we signed yet another LB?
Well he is a phenomenal talent to be fair, and still quite young. Probably a little too young for us to have pursued instead of Telles at the time, but there’s been talk about out interest for more than a year now, and Telles isn’t a player that blocks you from signing a star to me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well he is a phenomenal talent to be fair, and still quite young. Probably a little too young for us to have pursued instead of Telles at the time, but there’s been talk about out interest for more than a year now, and Telles isn’t a player that blocks you from signing a star to me.
This

Nuno Mendes is a special talent. And if United have a chance to sign him, they absolutely should. Same agent as Bruno Fernandes too.

gajender

But Shaw does with Shaw himself being young and just entering his prime don't think we would be looking for another LB for few years unless injuries become recurring theme for him again.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Not buying the Telles to Sporting addition. I’m sure he’s prefer going back to Porto over Sporting.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But Shaw does with Shaw himself being young and just entering his prime don't think we would be looking for another LB for few years unless injuries become recurring theme for him again.
True, but future/succession planning goes further into the future than many fans probably care to look. Mendes is still only 18.

I wouldn’t dismiss it outright. I doubt it’s a financial priority, but he seems a rare talent and if we can do it, I suspect we will.

acnumber9

Show some respect for our sister club.

But you're right, though. £20 mil seems too little.
For a player that averages about 20 games a season with one year left on their contract? United would be incredibly fortunate to get £20m for him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hey, he won away at Madrid by playing KdB and Bernardo as the front two of a 4-4-2. I honestly don't think he gives a shit about having an out and out #9 that doesn't do a lot during build up / pressing.
HE doesn’t but the next manager will.

Status
Not open for further replies.