Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
After the Leicester away game last season, I don't think anyone was being unreasonable in expecting us to bring in a RW and CB that improves the first XI. These were the glaring holes, with deeper options upfront and at LB being positive moves but not the main issues.

We haven't done the business we need, regardless of who came in, and the one's we've brought in - whilst exiting in their own ways - simply aren't the deals we desperately needed.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So our alternative right winger isn't coming and our number 1 target has pushed for a move and is in England.

I'm fecking back in and i'm not losing any faith until 11pm. Lets go.
It's gonna go to the wire!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Lad in young inconsistency shocker.
He was pivotal in key big games.
He's 22. It's hardly 'young' and I don't think it's inconsistent. I think he came in and had a purple patch. I just don't think he's good enough.

He seems a great professional though and a nice guy - So I do hope he can kick on and do well. But this kind of thing answers the question of why we don't get decent money for our players. We only sell when it's abundantly clear that they're not good enough and nobody wants them.

Sell James to Leeds for 25m and put a 35m buyback in. If he turns out to be good, get him back.

ShinjiNinja26

Anyone else think we’ll end up doing something crazy out of nowhere like drop a shit ton of cash on Koulibaly last minute or activate Partey’s buyout clause? Maybe it’s more hope than anything. :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Anyone else think we’ll end up doing something crazy out of nowhere like drop a shit ton of cash on Koulibaly last minute or activate Partey’s buyout clause? Maybe it’s more hope than anything. :lol:
I think we'll do something even more crazy and not sign anyone (other than telles/cavani)

croadyman

Honestly would take both right now as we definitely are that desperate

Alemar

Aye your probably right. I just think something might happen after witnessing that utter shit show yesterday, some attempt to try and appease the fans.
Attempt to “appease the fans” is not what we need. We need changes to the strategy and the way this club is run

Mihai

Does he have to say Here we go for every transfer. It should only be reserved for big ones. It's like Arnold saying "I'll be back" every time he goes to take a s***.
:lol: That's quality. Imagine Romano saying "here we go" every time he goes to the toilet.

GioF

Also 15x more injury prone with an attitude that has been 15x worse so far. Also, 15x wages.
Not considering the fact that James is young, 1st season in the EPL, not playing in his preferred position and has just had a very difficult year. But hey, apparently his dad passing away shouldn't be a consideration.
Daniel James is not good enough for a team with title aspirations and the expectations of a club like ours.
No matter the personal circumstances or not he’s not good enough. And he’s nearly 23 so not like he’s a kid...he can’t cross, has terrible decision making and quite frankly doesn’t have the mentality to go beat a man/penetrate forward.
He’s ideal for a fast counter attacking team that will play with very little possession. A team like Leeds, Brighton etc he would do well for I imagine.

Highfather_24

We target one player all summer and fail to get him(because we suck at negotiation, and fail to sell our players). We also fail to get ANY player in for that position, which is what we needed the MOST this summer.

I am starting to lose all hope about this club. The people in power dont actually want what's best for our club, or are just grossly incompetent.

romufc

This is exactly the brief I thought the club will have.

No worries we still have 2 weeks to do something and make you fans look like fools.

IN truth they do not intend to sing anyone, just buying more time.

Superden

our metamorphosis in pre klopp liverpool continues at pace. remember them signing the likes of sean dundee / konchesky / don hutchinson et al.

I dont have an issue with buying quality, proven championship players / wonderkids, but they now come with a premium (eg Watkins). cant see our lot seeing value there.

Status
Not open for further replies.