Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sterling to Spurs is obviously a no go, isn't he on like 300k* a week at City?

Laporte is on a meagre 120k* pw, while Gabriel hasn't had a payrise since joining on 90k* a week

All three players would probably want a payrise to play at Spurs, so that's definitely a no for Sterling, while Laporte would be their top earner making Son cry** with Gabriel looking for similar to Son.

*officially.

**Again.

SER19

After spending over 1bn and having to boldness to try claim he can't spend what other clubs do how will Cashiola try disguise his latest drive towards buying a CL at any cost?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
United propose a Pogba Varane swap but Madrid prefer money. Madrid want money to sign Mbappe.

Teja

Going from Harry Kane to Jesus would be like going from actual Jesus to that bearded wan who won the Eurovision a few years back.
:lol: I think he's better than that. Probably not good enough for a team that wants to win the CL but more than good enough at a PL / top four level.

I understand what Spurs get from that…I don’t know what Jesus gets. Why would he leave City for a Kaneless Tottenham?
He'll probably never start at City if Kane goes there. Pep also seems to trust KdB + B. Silva as forwards rather than Jesus which is pretty damning.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
United propose a Pogba Varane swap but Madrid prefer money. Madrid want money to sign Mbappe.

That article mentions that United won't be willing to spend more than 30-40 million Euros to get Varane. That makes no sense to me if we go by what MEN have published (including Rich Fay's most recent article).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That article mentions that United won't be willing to spend more than 30-40 million Euros to get Varane. That makes no sense to me if we go by what MEN have published (including Rich Fay's most recent article).
There seems like a compromise will be made then surely. They want 50 MIl euros, we want to pay 40 Mil max. Settle on 45 Mil and everyone wins.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sterling to Spurs is obviously a no go, isn't he on like 300k* a week at City?

Laporte is on a meagre 120k* pw, while Gabriel hasn't had a payrise since joining on 90k* a week

All three players would probably want a payrise to play at Spurs, so that's definitely a no for Sterling, while Laporte would be their top earner making Son cry** with Gabriel looking for similar to Son. He

*officially.

**Again.
Maybe Jesus the other way? Cue jokes...

theklr

Did we do it just to poke Raiola abit would be so funny after all this posturing that Pogba isnt all that anyway

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There seems like a compromise will be made then surely. They want 50 MIl euros, we want to pay 40 Mil max. Settle on 45 Mil and everyone wins.
Both Luckhurst and Rich Fay have mentioned that United had a 50-million-Pound bid rejected by Real Madrid. They're apparently looking for 80 million Pounds from us. This goes completely against everything that's being reported by José Félix Díaz and Deportes Cuatro. At this point, maybe Luckhurst and the MEN are incorrect given that no one else reliable in England has reported a bid for Varane. On top of that, Romano would have certainly been on top of the news if we did indeed make a bid.

bsCallout

Yeah I just don't read it like that, 100m guaranteed yeah, but that doesn't have to be cash. Its just that it isn't relying on add ones

Then, a player could be included.

That's such a throw away addition, the way its written, the difference between 100m or 100m plus sterling is collossal. So it doesn't make sense
I read it and took it as you did.

PeterWunited

Bear in mind the suggestion of United offering a Varane/ Pogba swap is coming from a Madrid outlet. It's possible that the suggestion has been made but United are looking for cash plus Varane and Madrid want a straight swap. Hence the suggestion that it is United seeking this deal. If Varane wants to come to PL then I think a swap deal of some sorts will happen.

peridigm

Damn, that would have been a good bit of business. I'm not sold Varane wants to come here though. I doub't Pogba is giving us a glaring review.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Javier Tebas on the Messi contract situation:
I hope they do manage to keep Messi, but we won’t change the rules. We can’t have a regulation specifically for Barcelona or Messi. They are trying to reduce their total salary volume. Real Madrid have put in a lot of effort so their losses are a long way off Barcelona’s. To have Messi, Barcelona will have to reduce the salary of other players or to try and sell players.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Borussia Dortmund receives a generous supplement for the transfer of Alexander Isak to Real Sociedad. For this he renounces BVB on a contract detail. A return of Isak is thus off the table.
Summary:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The reason why Spurs deny any offer was made to them: City proposed the offer to Kane's camp.
  • 85 million Pounds guaranteed
  • 15 million Pounds in add-ons
  • First refusal on players who are for sale (i.e. they aren't directly included in the 100-million-Pound package)

The Urban Goose

Easy. Varane-Pogba swap, then Pogba plus cash for Mbappe.

And don't give me any of that "this isn't Championship Manager" nonsense (otherwise I'd take over PSG and Madrid and swap Varane for Jones and Mbappe for Martial).

gajender

That tells me that Dortmund don't rate him as highly as most people. Honestly, I'm with them; I don't know if he'll become as good as some are making him out to be.
Or they realise He wouldn't want to come back to them and their Buy out clause isn't that much of a use to them so they have have decided to monetize it when the opportunity arose for them just speculating of course.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Academy player performance manager Les Parry on the high demand:
It is going to be massive, the loan market, this year because of finances at other clubs.

It’ll be the same, we’re talking to other clubs and, hopefully, the ideal way it works is we get all of the interest from different clubs in, look at them and sift through them to see the best fit for each player’s needs. It doesn’t always work like that, to be quite honest, especially late on when a player might only have one club interested and the choice then is just take it or leave it. But it is a really busy time and we’ve got about 60 clubs at the moment who have contacted us about various players, probably more than that actually, and that’s the task we’ve got between now and the end of July really.

The added complication this year is a lot of the [first-team] lads will not be back so the manager will take some of the younger lads on the pre-season.

[Whether the market is "a movable feast depending on various factors falling into place"]
Very much so. We have players, for instance, that the manager has not yet made a decision on whether they can go out or not. They will go on the pre-season and we’ve got five or six; well, in the case of one player, 20-odd clubs are interested in him.

They’ll be holding on and holding on but the manager will make the decisions after the pre-season. Others can also come up on the blind side. There might be players who go with the first team and the manager is thinking, at this point in time, they can go on loan but, suddenly, he sees them at close hand, and it might be one back from a loan, and think alright, I’ll keep hold of him for six months and have a closer look. It changes all the time. It really does change all the time.
A snippet of the quotes in Tweet form for the Transfer Tweets page:

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Or they realise He wouldn't want to come back to them and their Buy out clause isn't that much of a use to them so they have have decided to monetize it when the opportunity arose for them just speculating of course.
Yeah, that too; he has had his best football at Real Sociedad, to be fair.

Lemansky

A Varane-Pogba swap is very underwhelming for me. Real Madrid gets the better deal and easily the better player
I agree. Ole was clear in an interview before the summer that it was important to strengthen, but also keep our best players. That was in a direct response to Pogba. Ideally we want to keep is my guess. All depends on the contractual situation.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
A Varane-Pogba swap is very underwhelming for me. Real Madrid gets the better deal and easily the better player
Would you rather get Varane now, 40 million now from PSG or let him leave for free next year?

There is only one winner there for me. We aren’t getting more money at this stage and even then, it wouldn’t buy a CB of Varane’s class

Status
Not open for further replies.