Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

He knows he's found his level in Italy. Why would he risk the great press he's received for banging in goals against weak defences to come back and get found out in the Prem again?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Pretty sure negotiations go both way? If Dortmund are firm in their valuation then why are we even discussing it with them?

Either pay what they're asking or leave it until next year, see what happens when he has a year left, being in worse form for 6 months like last year, and pretty much announcing to every young player that in order to leave, you have to go the Haaland route and put a realistic clause in your contract.

Thing is, United are in danger of another club coming in for him, but Dortmund are in danger of making themselves unattractive for youngsters who want to develop for a year or two before making the step up to a bigger club - maybe this is their way of announcing they're no longer a stepping stone?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Algerian TV via Fennec Football

27-year-old Bordeaux winger Mehdi Zerkane on the links:
I don’t know anything about Aston Villa’s interest in me. What is certain is that I’m at Bordeaux and I have no desire to leave, especially since I play regularly.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apologies, didn't realise. I have put the Tweet in quotes now. Is that ok?
You can edit your post to put the old Tweet into a quote, and that'd take it out of the feed, yeah. In the future, if you're posting a Tweet that's either really old, already posted, or not relevant, putting it into a quote would help.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Bold

FC Copenhagen sporting director Peter Christiansen:
We have been given a unique opportunity to look at two options, which we have followed for a long time.
This isn't much of a surprise for me. Guadagno was okay but hasn't really looked good enough for the U18s.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How is this possible? Is there no other decent club going to give Juve a run for their money here? This is like Bayern in the early 2000s with Leverkusen giving them their players.

UTD_Since_1978

PSG have been very active in the transfer market so far whilst UTD are still struggling to get one over the line.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How is this possible? Is there no other decent club going to give Juve a run for their money here? This is like Bayern in the early 2000s with Leverkusen giving them their players.
The other teams already have good enough midfielders for now. Maybe Napoli could bring in Locatelli and move on from Fabian Ruiz, but even then, they'd have to sell him before they can buy Locatelli. Juventus do have Pjanic who can play as the midfield playmaker, but Allegri probably prefers the younger, more energetic Locatelli.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The other teams already have good enough midfielders for now. Maybe Napoli could bring in Locatelli and move on from Fabian Ruiz, but even then, they'd have to sell him before they can buy Locatelli. Juventus do have Pjanic who can play as the midfield playmaker, but Allegri probably prefers the younger, more energetic Locatelli.
Oh, I'm thinking outside of Italy. Clubs with money.

hubbuh

PSG have been very active in the transfer market so far whilst UTD are still struggling to get one over the line.
There's still details to be ironed out with the Tom Heaton deal. The Wood can't be at two negotiating tables at once, hammering out numerous high stakes contracts.

Crimson King

Who have they signed other than Wijnaldum and Donnaruma on free transfers?

Have they even confirmed the latter yet, officially?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Locatelli doesn't really offer anything different from most playmaking midfielders. If he was better, defensively, then I'd see more clubs interested in him, but his main strength is his ability to make himself available on the ball and bring it forward with his pass-and-move game. He'd either warm the bench for those teams or play but offer as many problems as he would benefits.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
If he wants to stay in Italy at Juve, there is nothing sensible any club can do… apart of massively overpay to lure him out of his own comfort zone, and loan him back after one or two pretty indifferent season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Locatelli doesn't really offer anything different from most playmaking midfielders. If he was better, defensively, then I'd see more clubs interested in him, but his main strength is his ability to make himself available on the ball and bring it forward with his pass-and-move game. He'd either warm the bench for those teams or play but offer as many problems as he would benefits.
I don't think I've seen more praise for any player this tournament, apart from maybe Modric. I confess that I've not seen much of him before, but I'm not sure this analysis will age well mate. We shall see. @Bepi will probably get his man and maybe they'll start a more sensible team building exercise.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't think I've seen more praise for any player this tournament, apart from maybe Modric. I confess that I've not seen much of him before, but I'm not sure this analysis will age well mate. We shall see. @Bepi will probably get his man and maybe they'll start a more sensible team building exercise.
From what I've seen of him at Sassuolo, he often has two other midfielders behind him, and whilst he's a good distributor, most of their chances are created by their wingers Berardi and Traoré/Djuricic. At Juventus, he'll benefit from playing in a Pirlo role with support from two other energetic midfielders or as a creative midfielder with the freedom to push up into the final third like his Sassuolo role.

He's worthy of praise, sure, but there's a risk of him getting overrated and then disappointing people when they start watching him more often in Serie A.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
From what I've seen of him at Sassuolo, he often has two other midfielders behind him, and whilst he's a good distributor, most of their chances are created by their wingers Berardi and Traoré/Djuricic. At Juventus, he'll benefit from playing in a Pirlo role with support from two other energetic midfielders or as a creative midfielder with the freedom to push up into the final third like his Sassuolo role.

He's worthy of praise, sure, but there's a risk of him getting overrated and then disappointing people when they start watching him more often in Serie A.
He is not a superstar for sure and never will become one imho. He is a pretty good baseline CM, though, and well poised to improve further, under the notoriously slick developmental structure at Juve.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
PSG has been as active as United are. PSG have yet to agree on a fee for Hakimi but are getting close just like United are with Sancho. PSG are in talks with Ramos's camp just like United are with Varane's. They're quite parallel when you take a step back, so why should United get bashed whilst PSG get praised?

If you want to stretch it beyond this summer, both teams have had major acquisitions as well as questionable transfers. The only difference is that PSG's good transfers have benefitted them very well, whilst our good transfers (without hindsight) eventually ranged from terrible to good.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Also both deals (Donnarumma/Ramos) are both FREE transfers. “Active” in the transfer market :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PSG has been as active as United are. PSG have yet to agree on a fee for Hakimi but are getting close just like United are with Sancho. PSG are in talks with Ramos's camp just like United are with Varane's. They're quite parallel when you take a step back, so why should United get bashed whilst PSG get praised?

If you want to stretch it beyond this summer, both teams have had major acquisitions as well as questionable transfers. The only difference is that PSG's good transfers have benefitted them very well, whilst our good transfers (without hindsight) eventually ranged from terrible to good.

Matt851

He knows he's found his level in Italy. Why would he risk the great press he's received for banging in goals against weak defences to come back and get found out in the Prem again?
I know a lot of our fans have a strong dislike of lukaku but this comment is a bit silly. He did score a fair few goals in the pl before going to italy

Status
Not open for further replies.