Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Chelsea conduct their deals efficiently and quietly, same with Liverpool. There are no long, drawn out saga's with most of the signings they make.
If you pay the asking price then the deal happens quickly. Take Arsenal for example, we paid 70m for Pepe and the deal closed in 2 weeks. While it stretched to 2 months for Tierney, because we haggled to the last penny. The latter deal proved better for us, so a fast transfer is no guarantee of success as much as a slow transfer is no guarantee of failure.

PeterWunited

United's transfers are all played out in the media.
It just gets more clicks than any other club.
It is a myth that all other clubs are better than us.
Tell me how you think United could improve?
Is it we just pay what the selling club asks.
Tell me you walk into a car showroom and pay what the salesman tells you. You batter for the best deal.

Widow

Deal should be done in the next few hours. I think we were just shopping players for a reduced price that never was going to happen.
:lol:

Didn't stop you boys jumping on the train for a while though!

This is a Chelsea source, so it is blue tinted. Rather specific about the deal being worked and if true, not a bad price plus player.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com...after-days-of-contact-with-55-8m-stars-agent/
Hakimi would arguably be our best RWB. Livramento out on loan for 2 yrs would be fine.
Yeah, they're apparently pretty keen on Emerson though - if he has a decent showing at the Euros tossing him into the deal might go some ways towards meeting Inter's asking price.

8thWonder

I feel sorry for the lad tbh, assuming he wants the move. Why are our transfer deals conducted so publicly? I worry that the Glazers PR machine is trying to imply that Dortmund demands are unreasonable, either way this will drag out until Dortmund tell us to F off, or the transfer window closes.
I'm not a fan of it either, much prefer a quick and little coverage signings, however we've always had long drawn out transfers, look at Ruud and Berbatov as examples...

However I don't think you can escape the fact that people talking about United is genuinely good business and I think United have confirmed as much previously, maybe part of the reason everything seems to get played out in the open?

The biggest rumour of a stumbling block a couple of weeks ago was always “it’s not going to happen during the euros”
Who do you believe? I always took that as more of a common sense opinion opposed to a source led statement. Could totally see that as being the case, but also could see the fee being an issue along with the installment duration/payment structure holding things up. There's very few people who actually know what's going on aren't there.

If it's done before we return to pre season training then great, if it lasts longer but it's done, not ideal, but fine. If it drags on, doesn't get done and no alternatives are signed then I think United will get a heck of a lot of criticism which I genuinely don't think they'll want this summer for a number of reasons.

To me, United are appear to genuinely seem confident of getting this done.

MUFC OK

80 million for a RWB when every club is posting big losses, football truly is crazy :houllier:
Isn't it 70m Euros? so £59m - about right for how good he is. Only sources saying £80m are Chelsea fans on twitter :lol:

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Isn't it 70m Euros? so £59m - about right for how good he is.
Probably, there's few true wing backs in Europe and he's one of the best going as an out and out RWB. That said, full backs typically don't go for that amount unless they're joining an oil club.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

Didn't stop you boys jumping on the train for a while though!
It would seem my trip on that train was a rather short ride. All a part of the transfer fun.

Chelsea never discusses transfers….nothing. I am wondering if the board really want him or if they were just looking to use the deal to offload a player while getting a bargain deal?

Teja

80 million for a RWB when every club is posting big losses, football truly is crazy :houllier:
It's actually a pretty good time to be an oil club. Commodity prices are high, clubs don't have any money because of COVID, FFP is bogus etc. You can get pretty good value in this market by splashing out.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hakimi with his absurd pace and stamina is like having half an extra man in transitions. If a club is committed to playing with a back three he's probably worth that much money.

MUFC OK

Probably, there's few true wing backs in Europe and he's one of the best going as an out and out RWB. That said, full backs typically don't go for that amount unless they're joining an oil club.
They have the most money, so I agree. That said we paid £50m for AWB and Bayern paid £68m for Lucas Hernandez which seems to be forgotten.

krentz

Yes really. Just because it's happened a few times doesn't mean the fans don't care. Milan fans are going to give a reception come derby time :lol:
Their best striker was an ex-internazionale, they also got Pirlo, Seedorf, and Vieri from Inter in the past. Shouldnt such a big thing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Nico Gonzalez to Fiorentina announced.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Their best striker was an ex-internazionale, they also got Pirlo, Seedorf, and Vieri from Inter in the past. Shouldnt such a big thing.
Yeah, they moved from inter to milan. Ask inter fans about those guys

Dazzmondo

I feel like I've heard this before. Seems very unlikely to me that we would get any player who is currently at the Euros until their team is out of the competition. These articles suggesting a deal will happen in coming hours, days, etc just discredits them imo.

MUFC OK

I feel like I've heard this before. Seems very unlikely to me that we would get any player who is currently at the Euros until their team is out of the competition. These articles suggesting a deal will happen in coming hours, days, etc just discredits them imo.
It is possible as personal terms are agreed (bet you didn't know that) and so the clubs can agree a fee and transfer subject to a medical. Of course, he wouldnt formally sign until after Euros. So next wednesday.

diarm

Memphis signed for Barca this week. Wijnaldum for PSG the week before.

Status
Not open for further replies.