Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Smith

Didn't they offer something stupid like €25m for Pogba two years ago? I'd really rather not deal with certain clubs when they want everything for nothing but want a kings ransom for their players.

Cnuts.
What are you talking about? 40mil for Varane is a steal; I would bite their hand off. He's worth 60+

kirk buttercup

Because we’ve been burned by Madrid plenty of times before and the player ends up using us to sign a new contract. Why are you capitalising random words btw? Genuine question.
My phone does that for some reason . My apologies. Genuine Question ? Why do you think Madrid are burning us do you not think its the players and agents? United are used in loads of negotiations for contracts if the press are to be believed. Or the stories could be just fabricated for clicks.

Last edited:

UTD_Since_1978

Getting him and Sancho for 110/120mil would be a rather tasty bit of business by Ed just as he leaves.
We need so much more than those two to challenge & win the two big trophies next season which must be our aim.

Look at Arsenal, for years & years all they cared about was getting a CL spot & now they find themselves 17 years without the PL & looking nowhere near ending that run & finishing 8th? miles away from winning the PL & being in the CL, I do not want UTD to go down that route.

Look at last summer's signings, Telles & VDB made zero impact & hardly played & Cavani only came good in the last 3 months of the season.

RkkMan

We need so much more than those two to challenge & win the two big trophies next season which must be our aim.

Look at Arsenal, for years & years all they cared about was getting a CL spot & now they find themselves 17 years without the PL & looking nowhere near ending that run & finishing 8th? miles away from winning the PL & being in the CL, I do not want UTD to go down that route.

Look at last summer's signings, Telles & VDB made zero impact & hardly played & Cavani only came good in the last 3 months of the season.
What more do we need on top of Sancho and Varane? You could argue a DM but what else after there? I genuinely fail to see which other position would need improvement

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
What more do we need on top of Sancho and Varane? You could argue a DM but what else after there? I genuinely fail to see which other position would need improvement
A world class striker wouldn't go amiss.

Grantet Cavani was great but how long can he keep it up, not to mention he had some injury issues.

Greenwood? Maybe.

Martial? No.

Anyway, striker could wait until next summer I suppose. Haaland would be nice.

RkkMan

Grantet Cavani was great but how long can he keep it up, not to mention he had some injury issues.

Greenwood? Maybe.

Martial? No.

With Sancho and Rashford on the wings you'd imagine Greenwood will score a lot playing as a No9 no? A ST would be nice but it's not a massive need(at least not now) compared to CB, DM, RW

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
With Sancho and Rashford on the wings you'd imagine Greenwood will score a lot playing as a No9 no? A ST would be nice but it's not a massive need(at least not now) compared to CB, DM, RW
I've yet to see Greenwood have a great game as an out-and-out no9. He's very young though so that will come.

If these three young players click it would be a sight to behold. When has that happened? A front trio, all under 24 and all from England.

theklr

Greenwood? Maybe.

Martial? No.

Luckily thats exactly the plan :)

I do think we need at least one midfielder as well to be able to compete at the top.

Pavl3n

I was scrolling through YouTube and one of the United channels had a video streamed 2 hours ago saying that we and Dortmund are now 5 mil euros apart. We've offered 85 and they want 90 + 5 mil in add ons. I know 95 - 85 = 10 and that it said 5 mil, but I'm guessing they referred to the guaranteed sum. I suppose working out a clause for 5 mil add ons won't be too hard.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Love the mental gymnastics people go through to convince themselves that a transfer is not happening.

People are setting themselves up for a big fall when Varane signs a new contract with Real. Once they let Ramos go absolutely everyone should have realised this was just posturing. 95% sure we're getting Pau Torres. Other 5% is Kounde or a different cb. I'm more concerned about us not having any reasonable links with a cm at this stage. Not at all optimistic about this transfer window which is incredibly frustrating after we overachieved following a terrible window last season. Sancho, cb, Heaton and maybe a rb looks like all the business we're likely to do at this stage.
It would be if it weren't for Murtough dealing with all the transfers. Funny how the CAF cries out for a DOF for nigh on 2 years. We get one and people seem to forget it rather quickly.

Getting him and Sancho for 110/120mil would be a rather tasty bit of business by Ed just as he leaves.

RUCK4444

No way that one of best defenders in the world is 45 mil. No way. If so, we should pay that today
Yeah I said earlier today I reckon it will be £50 plus and probably a bit more than that, closer to £60 mill most likely.

I think we should be banging their door down with a starting bid of £50m’s

theklr

No way that one of best defenders in the world is 45 mil. No way. If so, we should pay that today
1 year left on contract , if he doesnt want to renew 45 mill. is 45 mill. more than what they'll get next year.

Unless they can drum up a bidding war for him theyd rather take that.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
What are you talking about? 40mil for Varane is a steal; I would bite their hand off. He's worth 60+
He may be, but Pogba is way more marketable, and they bid something stupid for him while he had 3 years on his contract and now they're demanding 40m for Varane who also wants out with just a year left.

MUFC OK

Growing doubts about finding the money.. time to start getting worried?

cyberman

Literally a bluffer. How can we not find 5m more yet are after Varane etc. How can we not find the money we offered last summer?
Scare tactics nonsense for retweets.

MUFC OK

Literally a bluffer. How can we not find 5m more yet are after Varane etc. How can we not find the money we offered last summer?
Scare tactics nonsense for retweets.
I just don't get why we move so slowly. Granted there is probably a lot to consider but I find it very hard to believe that anyone at the club is consistently working on this deal on a daily basis.

8thWonder

If you take some of the rumours as true then one of the stumbling blocks (outside of the fee), has been the length of the installments. United supposedly wanted 3-4 years, Dortmund 2.

If Dortmund don't budge on that, then it may genuinely be a difficult deal to conclude yes.

Having said that, it's all he said, she said at the moment, people drip feeding information to sources on both sides and no one really knows who to believe so obviously no one here has any idea what so ever...

cyberman

I just don't get why we move so slowly. Granted there is probably a lot to consider but I find it very hard to believe that anyone at the club is consistently working on this deal on a daily basis.
Honestly looks as if people are filling in the dead air before an announcement is made after the Euros. I remember Madrid being favourites for Pogba before the Euros final with reports of late night, teary calls to Perez only for it to be revealed that the transfer was agreed to weeks before that.
Ill bet any money that its announced within 3 days of England being out and these journos won't be called out for the blatant hot air theyre spewing.

MUFC OK

If you take some of the rumours as true then one of the stumbling blocks (outside of the fee), has been the length of the installments. United supposedly wanted 3-4 years, Dortmund 2.

If Dortmund don't budge on that, then it may genuinely be a difficult deal to conclude yes.

Having said that, it's all he said, she said at the moment, people drip feeding information to sources on both sides and no one really knows who to believe so obviously no one here has any idea what so ever...
I feel sorry for the lad tbh, assuming he wants the move. Why are our transfer deals conducted so publicly? I worry that the Glazers PR machine is trying to imply that Dortmund demands are unreasonable, either way this will drag out until Dortmund tell us to F off, or the transfer window closes.

Nick7

The biggest rumour of a stumbling block a couple of weeks ago was always “it’s not going to happen during the euros”

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

who has the doubts in Dortmund?

Is it Jurgen down the pub in downtown Dortmund.
Literally nobody should pay any heed to anything any shite bag on Twitter posts

MUFC OK

The biggest rumour of a stumbling block a couple of weeks ago was always “it’s not going to happen during the euros”
I am worried. We supposedly offered over £80m last summer despite knowing the price. We're now conveniently a good £15m below this summer's valuation, I honestly wonder whether it's all posturing from Utd, making it look like we're serious about this deal but ultimately not willing to part with the money. I have no faith in our ability/desire to do this deal.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I feel sorry for the lad tbh, assuming he wants the move. Why are our transfer deals conducted so publicly? I worry that the Glazers PR machine is trying to imply that Dortmund demands are unreasonable, either way this will drag out until Dortmund tell us to F off, or the transfer window closes.
Whos conducting anything in Public?
Only Twitter attention Whores are talking pony in Public.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I don't know, maybe because there is a major international tournament on, which the is a part of?

Just out of interest. Which club in world football, move transfers as quickly as you think they should? Name 1. Name 1 that makes transfers happen as fast as they do in football manager.

RkkMan

I am worried. We supposedly offered over £80m last summer despite knowing the price. We're now conveniently a good £15m below this summer's valuation, I honestly wonder whether it's all posturing from Utd, making it look like we're serious about this deal but ultimately not willing to part with the money. I have no faith in our ability/desire to do this deal.
If you're going to talk about valuations BE CORRECT with your figures kindly. Mind you this was before our second offer

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan

Fiorentina have signed Nico Gonzalez from Stuttgart.. Reported fee around € 25m

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
I've yet to see Greenwood have a great game as an out-and-out no9. He's very young though so that will come.

If these three young players click it would be a sight to behold. When has that happened? A front trio, all under 24 and all from England.
At home to Leicester where we lost 2-1

MUFC OK

I don't know, maybe because there is a major international tournament on, which the is a part of?

Just out of interest. Which club in world football, move transfers as quickly as you think they should? Name 1. Name 1 that makes transfers happen as fast as they do in football manager.
Chelsea conduct their deals efficiently and quietly, same with Liverpool. There are no long, drawn out saga's with most of the signings they make.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
How quick was the Havertz transfer.

Edit: and the VVD one
Most of the transfer window and the €90m was paid almost all up front. Only a few add ons were paid after the deal was complete. It was the all up front money that dragged it out. I think the numbers were agreed early.

Status
Not open for further replies.