Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sancho and Varane is probably 550-600k a week in wages. No way we are doing that without a few big name departures in my opinion.
The problem is that we had a big departure last summer (Lukaku) and didn’t replace him, as well as getting Sanchez off the wage bill meaning our wages can cope with £600k quite easily.

RUCK4444

Messi singlehandedly destroying his club through greed is next level sh!thousery. How he’s getting away with it without any major backlash is bizarre.

If I were a Barca fan watching this I’d want rid, no single player comes before the club, not even Messi. At least Ronaldo moves on with a bit of grace and class when the time is right.

manuchamp88

How selfish is Messi, knowing that his so called beloved Club is in bad financial crisis, and yet he is making Barca go through such tough situation. At the end of the day its just money greed …
Barça must be absolutely mad risking financial ruin. And look at the replies of some of the Barça fans - they simply suggest selling a load of players to fund Messi's renewal. If that's any indication of the fanbase as a whole, they're as bad as each other and no wonder they're in this state.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The problem is that we had a big departure last summer (Lukaku) and didn’t replace him, as well as getting Sanchez off the wage bill meaning our wages can cope with £600k quite easily.
We will see.

Martial, Donny and Pogba still very much in doubt of their futures.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Barca should change their tagline to something along the lines of "Less than a Messi".

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Feels like the type of transfer that Chelsea would come in late and gazump us.
No. Chelsea will not spend big money on a 28 year old. I said this with the Kane rumours, people need to catch up. Chelsea do not spend big on players in their late 20's and beyond and haven't done for a long time!

And while i'm here, id like to note I was not one of the ones getting giddy over Hakimi, not that there's anything wrong with losing out to PSG for a player mind just I couldn't care less who we sign.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I think of players as companies rather than individuals, so Messi is just getting the best contract he can for his company. I agree that it is too much money to pay someone for running around after a ball.

I like the NFL whereby teams have a maximum amount they can allocate in wages. It would be difficult to implement in Europe due to the differing financial strengths of each league, however, it's a nice dream.

There are not many players like Messi so it is a bit of an anomaly. You also need a desperate club to pay that salary which he has in Barca.

manuchamp88

Is he not a banned source? He’s a gobshite regurgitating idiot
:lol: No love lost for a fellow countryman then! I don't mind his football stuff (don't agree with a lot of his politics). I find him more tolerable than the snooty person who runs the Sport Witness Twitter account, to be honest.

RUCK4444

Good. Any chance to swoop in for Griezmann? With the rumours of Martial leaving i'd take another striker even it's just for a loan.
I’d take him of course but that said I think he’s been average for France and similar for Barca of late. Not the player he was imo.

shahzy

I think Messi's disgusting and destructive greed is so weirdly overlooked.
No but he is a 'Good Boy' and not a 'commander'. Good to see peoples eyes finally opening up to what's been visible for years with Messi. He ain't any different to anyone

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
No but he is a 'Good Boy' and not a 'commander'. Good to see peoples eyes finally opening up to what's been visible for years with Messi. He ain't any different to anyone
His fanboys would argue that "if you want the best, you have to pay the best salaries" and then go on to claim the loyalty and one club man bs.

DMacgraw

If it is true United actually want this guy, then it might be best to buy him, then send him on a one-year loan to Ajax to gain some first-team experience. Might also help maintain the good relations between United and Ajax

theklr

Is he not a banned source? He’s a gobshite regurgitating idiot
He absolutely have some good connections with the club when you see how many of our players (and OGS) he has gotten a 1-1 interview with.

Transferwise you could be right though, but so is half the others posted in here

firstkuyttouch

Ronaldo Is the easy to hate pantomime villain so Messi gets away with being a twat on the quiet.
From snippets of some documentary, I got the sense that Messi’s father was the windbag dickhead. Messi comes across as the child piano prodigy who has been doing it so long at such a level he no longer even likes music. Just tell him what concert hall to be at and he’ll drag himself out of bed…

sillwuka

Messi is arguably the greatest player of all the time, I think he's justified in asking whatever he wants.

Barca's fault if they give in to his demands.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
There’s asking for what you want and then there’s being a greedy feck.

Messi is arguably the greatest player of all the time, I think he's justified in asking whatever he wants.

Barca's fault if they give in to his demands.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Why should he give a shit. They back stabbed him when they could have got a fee and his wages off the books and started a rebuild they will have to do soon anyway. feckkem bleed them dry.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Knew last summer that he would not move. What a drama and show by the attention seeking midget.

Andrew7582

Why should he give a shit. They back stabbed him when they could have got a fee and his wages off the books and started a rebuild they will have to do soon anyway. feckkem bleed them dry.
Exactly this, Messi has done nothing wrong, Barca had the chance to get his wages off the books but forced him to stay so it is 100% their own fault. I suspect that there are some agendas at play from the people criticising him, Ronaldo fanboys probably.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They should have let him leave last summer. Nothing greedy about not wanting to take a pay cut. If they cant afford him then let him go

jesperjaap

Good, if true. We're clearly not going to be spending £200m+ this summer and a rotation right back eating up the best part of £30m of our spending would be ridiculous.
We shouldnt be spending on him full stop in my opinion. If we are looking at right backs ten Brandom WIlliams should 100% be sold...know most people will say that anyway from some of his performances, but what use is he if we cant even believe in him as a back up, especially with Laird possibly comign back in to the squad....Laird coming back into the squad for me is also another reason in itself we shouldnt be buying a new right back.

We have a very good and season on season improvin right back....yet 3 or 4 positions in our first eleven that arent well filled, why on earth should we be signing a back up right back, its madness with our current side

jesperjaap

Having seen him in the Copa America, he's mostly played as a left winger and looked okay though unspectacular. I'm not sure if he'll be much better as an attacking midfielder for us, either.
Good to see somoene reviewing him. I would say I dont like reviews of whether players are right for us or not based on international tournaments as its a different game. Also playing out of position from what you say. I know its youtube but he looked very impressive on there. WOuld be interested on anybodies views watching him at club level for River Plate at all?

Sorry reading that back sound like criticising your review, not meant like that at all, just interested to hear anything from any fans watch him regularly at club level

jesperjaap

Haven’t heard anything from this wee shite in ages. Had almost forgotten he existed, actually.
Yes and from memory he is very much one of those convincing people with ehe confidence and authority behinf what he says....yet barely any of it at all came to any fruition. Remember listenign to his podcasts a few years back on a big deal we were looking to do and cant remember who but there were two or three players he pretty much said we would sign.....none of them came, bore of Pleb de Prune

jesperjaap

Messi singlehandedly destroying his club through greed is next level sh!thousery. How he’s getting away with it without any major backlash is bizarre.

If I were a Barca fan watching this I’d want rid, no single player comes before the club, not even Messi. At least Ronaldo moves on with a bit of grace and class when the time is right.
It is probably his last contract and he is the best player they have ever had in most peoples eyes. The fact they have got themselves in a mess financially hardly makes it liek a righteous thing that he shouldnt ask for another huge contract.

Personally, not even calling his bluff. Offer him a much smaller contract that is still good money, if he doesnt like it, sell him. He is still one of the best players in the world, but he isnt at his age the same player as Ronaldo. I think Ronaldo can still go on at the very top level for another 2-3years and he is 2 years older than Messi. I dont think Messi wil be at the very top level (is just an instinct) more than 1/2seasons, think there is already very small signs of decline and I dont think he can adapt in the same way that Ronaldo has with his game or players like Giggs did. Despite all he has bought to Barcelona....that is in the past, he is demanding the huge contract now so they have no obligation to reward him for the past now, the contract is for the future and I expect there are still clubs would probably pay way over £50m for him. Gets a club in financial ruin a huge contract off there books and £50m in fees.....a player that for me wont be playing at this level in 3years whatsoever, its a no brainer takign sentiment away from it....and his current behaviour doesnt warrant that

Status
Not open for further replies.