Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @Rolaholic for finding this Tweet:

Pep's quotes from the TV3 interview:
At the prices (quoted) we are not going to buy any strikers. It is impossible, we cannot afford it. All clubs are struggling financially, we are not an exception. We have Gabriel (Jesus) and Ferran (Torres) who have been incredible in this position. We have young players in the academy and we play many times with a false nine. There is more of a chance we aren't going to buy a striker for next season.
Also from the same TV3 interview (as relayed by Mundo Deportivo and MEN):

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Oops, I was probably thinking about that Halstenberg comment whilst talking about Dörsch. Yeah, as the DM, he wasn't too bad in the U21 tournament, but I don't think he's any better than most of the DMs in the top 4-6 teams. Frankfurt would be the only viable team for him out of that group as they don't necessarily have a good, young central midfielder coming through. Sow is okay on the ball but not a good enough passer, and Dörsch might fare better in that team than he would.

On the full back situation, I think those clubs would want more depth than necessarily someone for the first team (except for Dortmund and Leverkusen, who are in dire need of right backs).
He seems to have a very complete profile, progressive passes, dribbles, good mentality, robust against the ball. I have no idea how consistent he is, but these kind of players are fairly rare, usually you have to pick between one or the other if you can't spend top dollar. Gladbach are facing the loss of both Neuhaus and Zakaria, they could sign a replacement early, even Leverkusen could do with some balls in midfield, given that Baumgartlinger and Aranguiz are well past 30.

As far as fullbacks go, Gladbach seem reasonably well set with Bensebaini and Lainer, Wolfsburg have Mbambu/Baku and Roussilon/Otavio on the other side. But Leipzig for example have usually been using CMs as RWB under Nagelsmann and with Halstenberg's departure on the cards they may be a bit light at LB as well, given that Angelino isn't necessarily very good in that role. Dortmund are looking for a proper left back with the view of perhaps moving Guerreiro into midfield (situationally) and of course they'd rather sign a RB or two if they had the money, Leverkusen have not a single established full back, Frankfurt are supposedly struggling to keep Kostic and their R(W)Bs are fairly one dimensional to compensate for him.

SER19

Makes a 100 million pound bid then cries that he can't afford a striker :lol: there truly are no limits to this guys delusion

Knightmare7

Agreed. I started off believing it would happen, but the longer it goes on, the less likely we are to get him. Surely if he wanted to come the deal would have advanced a little by now? I'm not saying completed but a little further down the line. Smells like a new deal to me.

Ramos to PSG must rule them out so his options are limited if he does want to move.

As for moving on to the next target, I'm not sure anyone else screams out as a must buy. Torres looks okay but how much of an improvement on VL is he?
Tbf, Varane is in Barbados for the next 9 days on vacation. Why would there be a hurry when he’s not coming back for a medical anyway?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He seems to have a very complete profile, progressive passes, dribbles, good mentality, robust against the ball. I have no idea how consistent he is, but these kind of players are fairly rare, usually you have to pick between one or the other if you can't spend top dollar. Gladbach are facing the loss of both Neuhaus and Zakaria, they could sign a replacement early, even Leverkusen could do with some balls in midfield, given that Baumgartlinger and Aranguiz are well past 30.

As far as fullbacks go, Gladbach seem reasonably well set with Bensebaini and Lainer, Wolfsburg have Mbambu/Baku and Roussilon/Otavio on the other side. But Leipzig for example have usually been using CMs as RWB under Nagelsmann and with Halstenberg's departure on the cards they may be a bit light at LB as well, given that Angelino isn't necessarily very good in that role. Dortmund are looking for a proper left back with the view of perhaps moving Guerreiro into midfield (situationally) and of course they'd rather sign a RB or two if they had the money, Leverkusen have not a single established full back, Frankfurt are supposedly struggling to keep Kostic and their R(W)Bs are fairly one dimensional to compensate for him.
Right, I forgot about Leverkusen's aging midfielders. Yeah, they could do with Dörsch, too. Gladbach, though, don't necessarily have to worry about Neuhaus and Zakaria leaving. The former's fully committed himeslf to Gladbach, whilst the latter hasn't been reliably linked to any other club for the past 6 months.

Back to Dörsch: my main concern is how easily he could get pulled out of position. If he was partnered with a midfielder who'd cover the gaps, in front of a back 3, or in an aggressive, pressing side, he'd be fine. Leverkusen might go with a back 3, so that can work. Frankfurt do, so he'd be great there. Augsburg...that should be interesting. Let's see how he does there.

On the full backs, I forgot about Kostic being linked to the Serie A, so yeah, they'd be in need of wing backs if he leaves. Halstenberg hasn't been strongly linked to other clubs yet, but there's still a lot of the window left. Dortmund indeed are looking for a left back; I forgot about that one, too.

Widow

Tbf, Varane is in Barbados for the next 9 days on vacation. Why would there be a hurry when he’s not coming back for a medical anyway?

An indication of intent.

We have been burnt before by Madrid players. The deal could still be progressing and may well be but the longer this goes on, the more doubtful it becomes.

Remember, reports are suggesting he has told Madrid he's off and they are willing to let him leave. We should be hearing good news soon if the deal is happening.

To reiterate, the only reason I wish for haste is to ensure we're not getting messed about again.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Right, I forgot about Leverkusen's aging midfielders. Yeah, they could do with Dörsch, too. Gladbach, though, don't necessarily have to worry about Neuhaus and Zakaria leaving. The former's fully committed himeslf to Gladbach, whilst the latter hasn't been reliably linked to any other club for the past 6 months.

Back to Dörsch: my main concern is how easily he could get pulled out of position. If he was partnered with a midfielder who'd cover the gaps, in front of a back 3, or in an aggressive, pressing side, he'd be fine. Leverkusen might go with a back 3, so that can work. Frankfurt do, so he'd be great there. Augsburg...that should be interesting. Let's see how he does there.

On the full backs, I forgot about Kostic being linked to the Serie A, so yeah, they'd be in need of wing backs if he leaves. Halstenberg hasn't been strongly linked to other clubs yet, but there's still a lot of the window left. Dortmund indeed are looking for a left back; I forgot about that one, too.
Neuhaus hasn't committed further than the next 12 months, the release clause remains in his contract and at the moment I would assume that he will leave next year. Zakaria's contract is down to 12 months, so it seems likely that they will sort out a transfer for him now that he's out of the tournament with Switzerland.

Halstenberg has been strongly linked with Dortmund over the past couple of days, it appears that they are trying to replace Schulz with him. He, too, has an expiring contract that's forcing the issue.

Augsburg just isn't a side where you make the next steps. Their football is usually quite negative, their coaches not the most progressive ones. It's not like say Hoffenheim or Stuttgart, who make an effort to play good football and get the best out of their talented players. Baba to Chelsea, five years ago or so, is their only big transfer.

Last edited:

prateik

Which idiot thought Bale would retire from club football this summer? He is going to get 15m after tax for sitting on the bench watching Madrid play.. There is no way he lets that go.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Should have made one of his 10 (TEN!) 50+ million signings a striker over the last four years.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Neuhaus hasn't committed further than the next 12 months, the release clause remains in his contract and at the moment I would assume that he will leave next year. Zakaria's contract is down to 12 months, so it seems likely that they will sort out a transfer for him now that he's out of the tournament with Switzerland.

Halstenberg has been strongly linked with Dortmund over the past couple of days, it appears that they are trying to replace Schulz with him. He, too, has an expiring contract that's forcing the issue.

Augsburg just isn't a side where you make the next steps. Their football is usually quite negative, their coaches not the most progressive ones. It's not like say Hoffenheim or Stuttgart, who make an effort to play good football and get the best out of their talented players. Baba to Chelsea, five years ago or so, is their only big transfer.
We'll see if Gladbach have other targets. At the moment, I don't recall Eberl saying anything about replacing one or both of Neuhaus or Zakaria at this time, but we'll see how that evolves.

Yeah, it was Halstenberg who was linked to Dortmund. Thanks for refreshing my memory there. For Leipzig, though, they may not need to worry so much about him as Gvardiol could become the Halstenberg replacement. He can also play comfortably at left back if needed.

Augsburg may not be a good side to join, but my comment was based on the step up from the Belgian league, which is a level or two below the Bundesliga. I would like to see how Dörsch can handle the Bundesliga as he's maturing his game.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Oh dear, has the eternal well run dry, you miserable cnut?

Don't worry, PSG will be looking for a new manger sooner or later and they've got loads of money.

ti vu

I'd take 60m euros for him. That's a Camavinga and a half.
If PSG keeps attracting all these great players, unless Camavinga is already in the bag, I wouldn't accept any offers for Pogba

pascell

Ehh sounds fake. They're proper stacked at CM.
They 100% need someone from midfield to help in attack. Apart from Verratti, they're all much the same, Herrera, Paredes, Gueye, Wijnaldum, Pereira, they're all there to protect the defence, not support the attack.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't know, for a player who can walk out for free in a season I'd bite their hands off for that price. If Sancho has 2 years on his contract, is 21 and bought for 72m GBP. Varane is entering his final year and quoted to be 50m eur.. I think this price is about right for Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.