Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Think City got around 200 m from PL+CL , and probably some more from domestic cups. Might not be all the way there but at least quite close
That’s not how PL prize money works. If you finish first you only earn a few million more than who finished second - in fact if you’ve had less games on TV you might earn less. That TV and prize money also goes toward actually paying wages and the running of the club at normal clubs. The idea that if their owners pulled out city could still pay 250m in transfer fees alone a summer is total fallacy - even assuming they keep their dodgy owner backed sponsorship deals. I don’t know why so many on here try to normalise what they are doing - it’s obscene.

B4Keane - Robson

I wonder if City are going all out in this transfer window as they may be expecting a transfer ban coming up from the Premier Leagues ongoing investigation? Get Grealish and Kane in and be pretty set for the next few years.

ChaddyP

Think City got around 200 m from PL+CL , and probably some more from domestic cups. Might not be all the way there but at least quite close
i can almost guarantee that city got similar revenues to us from competition/tv money. liverpool won the epl and the CL recently and are skint

lysglimt

Scout
Not really. City already have the creativity and technical players in attack that will win you trophies (we do not), if they sign Grealish they are certain to win the PL.
Why - I think it will take time for him to adapt to City. It reminds me of a player that the great Rosenborg-team in Norway signed 20 years ago...brilliant technician by Norwegian standards - but the legendary coach Nils Arne Eggen tore him to shred in the media after his debut (despite him scoring the winner) - because he dribbled rather than played the ball quickly. Grealish is a bit of the same - his first instinct is to go past people. It could actually slow City down until he learns how to play like his teammates

theklr

That’s not how PL prize money works. If you finish first you only earn a few million more than who finished second - in fact if you’ve had less games on TV you might earn less. That TV and prize money also goes toward actually paying wages and the running of the club at normal clubs. The idea that if their owners pulled out city could still pay 250m in transfer fees alone a summer is total fallacy - even assuming they keep their dodgy owner backed sponsorship deals. I don’t know why so many on here try to normalise what they are doing - it’s obscene.
I didnt mean that if their owners pulled out, I mean that they didnt need to inject any transfer money. But you are still completely right ofcourse, with Covid and no matchday revenue even more of their tv/prize money will go towards their wage and operating cost.

GwilDor

Why - I think it will take time for him to adapt to City. It reminds me of a player that the great Rosenborg-team in Norway signed 20 years ago...brilliant technician by Norwegian standards - but the legendary coach Nils Arne Eggen tore him to shred in the media after his debut (despite him scoring the winner) - because he dribbled rather than played the ball quickly. Grealish is a bit of the same - his first instinct is to go past people. It could actually slow City down until he learns how to play like his teammates
Ørjan Berg? Or ? Remind me, 20 years is so long ago

Pep's Suit

If Grealish and Kane cost £230m then the idea is to cover £100-110m from sales of Bernardo and Jesus. Then another £70-80m from players like Angelino, Harrison, Ilic, Nmecha, Porro, Herrera etc. Wouldn't surprise me if City finish this summer with net spend under £80m even if both Grealish and Kane join.

Pep's Suit

I wonder if City are going all out in this transfer window as they may be expecting a transfer ban coming up from the Premier Leagues ongoing investigation? Get Grealish and Kane in and be pretty set for the next few years.
United just signed top players in Varane and Sancho and nobody will be surprised if Haaland joins Chelsea next summer so City have to choose between making no changes, signing £40-50m players with potential or break their transfer records when quality is available and those guy want to sign with City.

dinostar77

Sad part they probably dont even need any owner funding for buying these two with all the PL and CL money
Its all "state" money. City have been cooking their books and everyone knows it. They managed to get the 2 year UEFA CL ban overturned but any sanctions by PL would be harder to overturn as all the PL clubs have a say. But if you happen to give two PL clubs £100mil each (spurs and villa) you might just buy their vote when it comes to sanctions.

City have been using their lawyers to stop the PL investigation getting their hands on evidence and documentation of their culpability. Its shady and nasty by City and Abu Dhabi.

Dong Fangzhuo

If Grealish and Kane cost £230m then the idea is to cover £100-110m from sales of Bernardo and Jesus. Then another £70-80m from players like Angelino, Harrison, Ilic, Nmecha, Porro, Herrera etc. Wouldn't surprise me if City finish this summer with net spend under £80m even if both Grealish and Kane join.
You're not getting 100m for Jesus/Bernardo in this market. I doubt you'd get it in a non-covid market either tbh.

UTD_Since_1978

So was Scheiderlin, arguably. It's hard to think of a bigger dud.
I actually said at the time when he signed that he would be useless & I was proved right.

He did sod all at UTD & even less after he left us, I don't think many UTD supporters even know who he currently plays for, I know I don't.

OmarUnited4ever

City got few valuable assets, but the question is who can afford them?? Only PSG if they sell Mbappe, Real & Barca are skint, as is Juve, Bayern don't need city players and won't spend without selling first

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Nothing very strong in the links we've had to any midfield targets. A lot of the stories seem pretty vague, or suggest that we're interested and not much more. I think our summer spending is done, with a chance we get Trippier towards the end of the window. The rest of the summer we'll spend looking to move the likes of Pereira, Lingard, James and maybe Jones or Bailly.

lysglimt

Scout
Nothing very strong in the links we've had to any midfield targets. A lot of the stories seem pretty vague, or suggest that we're interested and not much more. I think our summer spending is done, with a chance we get Trippier towards the end of the window. The rest of the summer we'll spend looking to move the likes of Pereira, Lingard, James and maybe Jones or Bailly.
My guess it - we got the 2 main targets we could afford, but after spending £100 million and increaseing our wages with close to a million a week (including the players who got new and improved contracts) - we now need to balance the books.

First we will look at the players we want to get rid of - Dalot, Andreas, Jones, Williams on loan - and one of the other central defenders. If we managed to get rid of them for a decent amount of money - maybe we will keep the majority of the rest. If not - we will look at a few of the players we probably want to keep, but are prepared to let go of - if we have to. DvB, Lingard, Martial for instance

So I would not expect any signings until at least 2-3 of our players have left.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: TNT Sports

Andreas Pereira's comments on his own future:
I’m ready to play, I’m not a boy anymore. I’m a man ready to take responsibility. I’m sure that with playing time and continuity as a starter in my position, I can show what I’ve done at the academy, I can score more goals and make assists. A player of my position needs the confidence to play and the freedom to dare on the field.

In Manchester or elsewhere, the time has come to play, to have at least an hour per game on the field, to have the confidence to play. I want to be happy, to feel important. We are focused on looking for the best for my career. That’s what my staff thinks. And I know United want the same.

[On the Fenerbahce links]
I leave the negotiations to my agent. If the interest is true, it would be great to talk to interested teams and see the project for my career, the importance I will have in the squad and future projection. About Fenerbahce, it’s a country with people passionate about football. And Alex is one of my idols in the position, it would be nice to wear his shirt. Why not? But it all depends on what they want for my career, as well as other interested clubs.

[On Pogba's future]
(Laughs)…I hope he makes the best choice for himself and his family. He deserves the best things in the world, he’s an amazing guy.

caid

They'd do well to get half that for Silva and Jesus. Never heard of the others so 80m sounds silly, but then i remember that you sell half a dozen players i've never heard of and have never made an appearance for you every season for a decent chunk of money so you probably will.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Venezia are also trying to sign two veteran players: Mattia Caldara of AC Milan (on loan at Atalanta last season), and M'Baye Niang at Rennes.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The agreement being defined between Juve And Santos for Kaio Jorge foresees an immediate disbursement of 1.5 million Euros, 1.5 million Euros in 2022. The Brazilians will also be entitled to 5% in the event of a future sale. Here we go.
The source of the 2nd Tweet is here.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I wonder if he'll remain in Europe or look for a big payday in, say, the Middle East. As last season progressed, he struggled to keep up with the pace of the game though he's still a skilled player.

Last edited:

Mark Pawelek

My guess it - we got the 2 main targets we could afford, but after spending £100 million and increaseing our wages with close to a million a week (including the players who got new and improved contracts) - we now need to balance the books.

First we will look at the players we want to get rid of - Dalot, Andreas, Jones, Williams on loan - and one of the other central defenders. If we managed to get rid of them for a decent amount of money - maybe we will keep the majority of the rest. If not - we will look at a few of the players we probably want to keep, but are prepared to let go of - if we have to. DvB, Lingard, Martial for instance

So I would not expect any signings until at least 2-3 of our players have left.
United don't need so many attackers.

Ole should keep about 9 in the squad for the 4 places: Bruno, Mata, Rashford, Sancho, Cavani, 2 teenageers (Greenwood + OTHER), Martial.

The OTHER teenager can be at least ONE of: Elanga, Amad, Pellestri, Hannibal, Shoretire.

That leaves ONE place for either Lingard or James. Most fans probably think BOTH should be sold. I'm sure everyone thinks at least one should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.