Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

This could be great news for you lot

Lukaku to Chelsea
Kane to City
Mbappe to Real

Means next year when Haaland becomes available quite a few clubs that you would expect to be in for him probably won't be.
Barca and PSG would be only suitors. Barca will still be broke and PSG are just PSG. Haaland will want the PL.

Robertd0803

I hope so much that Chelsea sign Lukaku. It'll no doubt end in tears.
Same here. Will start off well like for us and then fade away and start flirting with either PSG or Madrid/Barca this time given that hes already played in Italy.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Here he is, The Slayer of Dreams. There I was thinking Chelsea signing Lukaku would help us splurge some more of that fine warchest. To only be told that it's a % of profit, on a player who usually moves for similar fees :(
If they sign him for 100 million and we have around 25% sell on clause, then we will end up with 6 million. So one Pellistri.

theklr

Same here. Will start off well like for us and then fade away and start flirting with either PSG or Madrid/Barca this time given that hes already played in Italy.
I dunno man, think Tuchel will get the best out of him and Chelsea looks dangerous with a physical striker.

Werner will play better with a target man on top like he did in RB Leipzig

Robertd0803

You're both correct, we could've fined them for it but it was when everyone was struggling from covid so I think we've let them off the fine. If I remember rightly, they owe us £49m from that transfer.
Thats going to net us near to nothing then.
Yeah no wonder Inter dont want to sell him even for that amount, they owe us most of it.

James Peril

I am shocked that clubs still buy into the fake allure of Romelu Lukaku. As always, he will score against lesser teams, he will not score against better teams - and most importantly, he will mess your gameplan and make the team play a certain way regardless. He will score 15-20 league goals, but he will stifle better players and mess the build-up. Scoring goals in Italy is not that impressive, let’s see how quickly he falls back to former levels with missed chances, abysmal build-up/touches and pissed off team-mates. I remember well when KdB and Hazard decided to not pass to him during the last World Cup, better to play 10 vs 11 instead of him messing up the flow.

Those who believe that Lukaku has in any way developed in Italy are fooling themselves, he’s exactly the same for good and bad.

Infra-red

I dunno man, think Tuchel will get the best out of him and Chelsea looks dangerous with a physical striker.

Werner will play better with a target man on top like he did in RB Leipzig
Lukaku is much more of a poacher than he is a target man. He's big and tall, but useless in the air and can't hold the ball up. He's a very different type of player to Poulsen (Werner's Leipzig strike partner).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Lukaku is like European football's littlest Hobo. Never stays in the one place for too long. Chelsea wouldn't be bidding £100m if they hadn't already sounded Rom out about a move.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down...
To be fair, he has repeatedly communicated his happiness at Inter. That Chelsea want a proven goalscorer is not his fault, he is one of the very few of those at clubs you could look at and think they could be persuaded to sell.

Blood Mage

Chelsea never had the chance to sign Haaland, they're just not as attractive for someone like Haaland as the other top clubs.
Look I enjoy bantering Chelski as much as the next caftard but that's absurd. They're the European champions and London's biggest club, of course they can attract the top players. Whether they can afford to in the covid economy is another story.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lukaku basically told chelsea he'd come if they agree with inter. They will not agree with inter because inter won't sell, period. Either they convince lukaku to push for the move, or it won't happen

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I am shocked that clubs still buy into the fake allure of Romelu Lukaku. As always, he will score against lesser teams, he will not score against better teams - and most importantly, he will mess your gameplan and make the team play a certain way regardless. He will score 15-20 league goals, but he will stifle better players and mess the build-up. Scoring goals in Italy is not that impressive, let’s see how quickly he falls back to former levels with missed chances, abysmal build-up/touches and pissed off team-mates. I remember well when KdB and Hazard decided to not pass to him during the last World Cup, better to play 10 vs 11 instead of him messing up the flow.

Those who believe that Lukaku has in any way developed in Italy are fooling themselves, he’s exactly the same for good and bad.
This is a player with over 100 PL goals already in his career.

People like to pick and choose when they decide aesthetics and first touch are the most important thing in the world. Lukaku is no Berbatov, but unfortunately for Berbatov, he was also no Lukaku - otherwise he may have actually been a very top striker. Lukaku scores goals, and goals are worth a lot of money on the market.

roonster09

Scout
This is a player with over 100 PL goals already in his career.

People like to pick and choose when they decide aesthetics and first touch are the most important thing in the world. Lukaku is no Berbatov, but unfortunately for Berbatov, he was also no Lukaku - otherwise he may have actually been a very top striker. Lukaku scores goals, and goals are worth a lot of money on the market.
Lukaku averages 15-16 league goals, he averaged that throughout his career, even at Inter he average that. Only change at Inter was he started taking penalties which improved his goal stats. Without that, the goals he scored at Inter wasn't much different from how many he scored for us.

Excluding penalties,
He scored 28 league goals in around 5000 mins for us.
He scored 35 league goals in around 5800 mins for Inter.

Before anyone starts, yes goals from penalties count. I'm just saying his goal scoring record was more or less similar to what it was for us.

Pavl3n

Isn't it 100 million in total for Lukaku?
85m fee + Alonso, who's valued at 15m?

Which means Inter's profit is around 10m.
Or am I getting it wrong?

dinostar77

Thats your opinion. However professional football scouts, managers, coaches etc see his worth. He gets goals. Period. Goals in football win matches and trophies. End of. Completely and utterly irrelevant if hes a flat track bully. He still gets 20-25 goals a season. Thats why teams are will to pay so much for him.

He improved alot under Conte at Inter, dropped the excess muscle and was basically a goal scoring machine. No wonder Chelsea are interested. I dont see him leaving though. Sounds like hes enjoying life in Italy.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Lukaku averages 15-16 league goals, he averaged that throughout his career, even at Inter he average that. Only change at Inter was he started taking penalties which improved his goal stats. Without that, the goals he scored at Inter wasn't much different from how many he scored for us.

Excluding penalties,
He scored 28 league goals in around 5000 mins for us.
He scored 35 league goals in around 5800 mins for Inter.

Before anyone starts, yes goals from penalties count. I'm just saying his goal scoring record was more or less similar to what it was for us.
15/16 league goals without pens seems about par for most top centre forwards, who almost always monopolise pens for their teams too. My guess is a good 9 will score about 18 a season from open play on average.

roonster09

Scout
15/16 league goals without pens seems about par for most top centre forwards, who almost always monopolise pens for their teams too. My guess is a good 9 will score about 18 a season from open play on average.
Depends on the players and what they contribute if they don't score. For example, someone like Rooney, even if he scores 15 goals, he contributes so much for the team. Lukaku isn't bad in that regard but more often than not, he should score to have a good game.

Also he doesn't work hard like Werner for Chelsea, so will be interesting to see how they compensate that considering everyone works hard in the Tuchel set up.

Matthew84!

Isn't it 100 million in total for Lukaku?
85m fee + Alonso, who's valued at 15m?

Which means Inter's profit is around 10m.
Or am I getting it wrong?
Rumours going around Utd added a sell on clause, I've seen 20 or 25 %, they will want as much money as they get as they still owe Utd 40m or more from the transfer.

stevoc

To be fair, he has repeatedly communicated his happiness at Inter. That Chelsea want a proven goalscorer is not his fault, he is one of the very few of those at clubs you could look at and think they could be persuaded to sell.
I thought I was being fair to be honest.

Let's really be honest here Chelsea aren't bidding £100m for Lukaku unless they've already sounded him out and he's happy to make the move.

Which is my point he always seems to be looking to move on from his current club every 2-3 years. If he was so happy at Inter he would have told Chelsea no and they wouldn't be making the bid would they?

I'm not saying there's anything necessarily wrong with being a footballing Hobo, simply making an observation.

SAF is the GOAT

This could be great news for you lot

Lukaku to Chelsea
Kane to City
Mbappe to Real

Means next year when Haaland becomes available quite a few clubs that you would expect to be in for him probably won't be.
Mbappe is a phenomenal player but he's not a CF or a cover for that position.

And on Lukaku i'm pretty different with my opinion because in 1 hand it looks like a decent player for them and in second hand we finally get the money that Inter owes us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Let's really be honest here Chelsea aren't bidding £100m for Lukaku unless they've already sounded him out and he's happy to make the move.

Which is my point he always seems to be looking to move on from his current club every 2-3 years. If he was so happy at Inter he would have told Chelsea no and they wouldn't be making the bid would they?

I'm not saying there's anything necessarily wrong with being a footballing Hobo, simply making an observation.
I don’t think so. For a player to be open to moving if you agree a fee with his club and agree to double his salary is not the same as wanting to move on.

By all accounts, Lukaku IS happy at Inter. He’d likely go to Chelsea or Bayern or PSG if they agreed to pay Inter 125m and pay him 250k, but so what? That’s football, and likely applies to every footballer. Harry Kane is a player who wants to leave, not Lukaku. Lingard is a player who seemingly doesn’t want to leave, but will likely be at a new club if they offer United 30m and offer him 120k.

Inter are the ones who should reject interest from Chelsea, not Lukaku, and as jt stands, there is zero indication at all that Lukaku would complain if Inter simply rejected any offers. The fact that they need money and there is a price at which they are willing to negotiate is not on the player.

stevoc

I don’t think so. For a player to be open to moving if you agree a fee with his club and agree to double his salary is not the same as wanting to move on.

By all accounts, Lukaku IS happy at Inter. He’d likely go to Chelsea or Bayern or PSG if they agreed to pay Inter 125m and pay him 250k, but so what? That’s football, and likely applies to every footballer. Harry Kane is a player who wants to leave, not Lukaku. Lingard is a player who seemingly doesn’t want to leave, but will likely be at a new club if they offer United 30m and offer him 120k.

Inter are the ones who should reject interest from Chelsea, not Lukaku, and as jt stands, there is zero indication at all that Lukaku would complain if Inter simply rejected any offers. The fact that they need money and there is a price at which they are willing to negotiate is not on the player.
You seem to be totally missing my point mate, Chelsea aren't instigating this transfer unless Lukaku wants the move or Chelsea wouldn't be bidding it's that simple. Now he may not have instigated first contact but he obviously has encouraged it once Chelsea did contact him. And we all know how football work's these days no one is naive enough to believe Lukaku hasn't already had talks with Chelsea before they contacted Inter.

So he can say or feel whatever he wants about his happiness level at Inter I'm not disputing that but he's also happy enough to switch clubs (again) which is my fecking point. He never stays anywhere long, a top player will always have suitors but most tend to stay at clubs for 5-10 years at a time. The ones that are constantly moving around are doing so because they want to, which is their choice.

OmarUnited4ever

Spot on.

Inter need money, they sold Hakimi who they bought only a year ago, he didn't want to leave, he said so as well, but PSG offered them a good deal, so he left.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You seem to be totally missing my point mate, Chelsea aren't instigating this transfer unless Lukaku wants the move or Chelsea wouldn't be bidding it's that simple. Now he may not have instigated first contact but he obviously has encouraged it once Chelsea did contact him. And we all know how football work's these days no one is naive enough to believe Lukaku hasn't already had talks with Chelsea before they contacted Inter.

So he can say or feel whatever he wants about his happiness level at Inter I'm not disputing that but he's also happy enough to switch clubs (again) which is my fecking point. He never stays anywhere long, a top player will always have suitors but most tend to stay at clubs for 5-10 years at a time. The ones that are constantly moving around are doing so because they want to, which is their choice.
I’m not missing your point. I’m pointing out the difference between wanting to move and being open to one. Chelsea have not instigated contact with Inter because Lukaku wants them to, they have instigated contact with Inter because they want Lukaku. Lukaku is happy at Inter and wants to stay. If Inter also stick to that position, he will happily stay. In the event that Inter are open to selling him, Chelsea, naturally, would be amongst the clubs he is open to join and I’m sure he’d go there, but it means nothing, and is no more relevant than the fact that Maguire would go to Chelsea if they agreed a fee with us and offered him £300k a week.

And Manchester United instigated contact with Rennes despite, by all accounts, Camavinga not being that keen.

stevoc

I’m not missing your point. I’m pointing out the difference between wanting to move and being open to one. Chelsea have not instigated contact with Inter because Lukaku wants them to, they have instigated contact with Inter because they want Lukaku. Lukaku is happy at Inter and wants to stay. If Inter also stick to that position, he will happily stay. In the event that Inter are open to selling him, Chelsea, naturally, would be amongst the clubs he is open to join and I’m sure he’d go there, but it means nothing, and is no more relevant than the fact that Maguire would go to Chelsea if they agreed a fee with us and offered him £300k a week.
:lol:

Feck sake mate is this a rush to the rescue of Lukaku's reputation without actually reading the post you are replying to because you think someone is criticizing him sort of thing?

In my very last post, the one which you are replying to I said this.

And my 2nd post on the subject which you responded to.

And my original post that you replied to.

Lukaku is like European football's littlest Hobo. Never stays in the one place for too long. Chelsea wouldn't be bidding £100m if they hadn't already sounded Rom out about a move.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down...
So what is it you are actually disagreeing with here?

And Manchester United instigated contact with Rennes despite, by all accounts, Camavinga not being that keen.
And did we place a bid for him?

No exactly.

sparx99

Yep, I'm really expecting Haaland to join. I think his relationship with Ole has far more sway than people think.
And knowing he would be joining Sancho, Bruno, Varane, etc. The biggest thing we can do is win something this year. If we don't then he may well think we aren't going to be winning trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.