Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

Dunno if this is worthy enought to be in here, but it could imply other clubs is looking at Matic.

slyadams

I don't get it, really don't. If this move goes through at around the price currently being talked about he would have moved for a total of just under 300m in his career. All this shows to me is quite a few clubs who have been prepared to sell the guy and he's never been good enough to be at a club from where there isn't a step up.

kerryman

We believe in charity so we try to keep useless players in high wages.
According to some sources Ole is willing to keep him and give him another chance given his good form for WH, seriously, will we ever learn?!! He'll never be worth as much as he is now, he'll go back to being on the bench and stinking up the joint and his value will drop. Why can't we move on players who aren't good enough. We'll never win anything by holding on to mediocre players. It's infuriating..

CG1010

Chelsea have moved rapidly from trying to sign Haaland to going after Lukaku. Granted he isn't as bad and can work in a proper system, but still there is a big gulf in class.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea have moved rapidly from trying to sign Haaland to going after Lukaku. Granted he isn't as bad and can work in a proper system, but still there is a big gulf in class.
The reports say the two failed bids were a while ago, while we were supposedly 'preparing a big bid for Haaland, talking to his camp etc etc' so make of that of what you will. I don't think it's a case of running into a wall with the Haaland talks then switching focus to Lukaku overnight.

Last edited:

theklr

One less competitor next year , I’d like that . If City bags Kane I’d say we would have a fair chance

Edit: we have a sell-on clause as well!

Moiraine

Haaland must have made it clear he's no interest in going there this summer or in the near future if they're willing to spunk that on Lukaku.
He will join OGS next summer when Cavani’s contract is over.

Dazzmondo

Hmm I really think we should be insisting on a DM as a matter of far more urgency
Tbh I disagree. As much as we need a dm to improve our quality, Fred and McTominay are still decent players, whereas we don't have anybody else who can play fullback really now that Telles is injured. Like honestly, what happens if Shaw or AWB are unavailable, who do we play there? Williams (prob going on loan)? Dalot (dear god)? Our depth there is extremely weak. Trippier won't have as big of an impact as a top dm would have but it's actually probably more important to get him in because injuries to Shaw (already recovering from a mild injury and quite injury prone in general) or AWB would leave us with a bit of a disaster situation.

SATA

Haaland must have made it clear he's no interest in going there this summer or in the near future if they're willing to spunk that on Lukaku.
Nobody good with a decade of bright future ahead would want to join that soulless club. Madrid, Barca, Bayern, United and even Juventus still hold the pull

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This could be great news for you lot

Lukaku to Chelsea
Kane to City
Mbappe to Real

Means next year when Haaland becomes available quite a few clubs that you would expect to be in for him probably won't be.

SER19

Lukaku to Chelsea
Kane to City
Mbappe to Real

Means next year when Haaland becomes available quite a few clubs that you would expect to be in for him probably won't be.
Good point. Makes the cavani stop gap even wiser as at the moment other clubs more in need than us of a striker

stevoc

Lukaku is like European football's littlest Hobo. Never stays in the one place for too long. Chelsea wouldn't be bidding £100m if they hadn't already sounded Rom out about a move.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down...

Dazzmondo

Lukaku to Chelsea
Kane to City
Mbappe to Real

Yep, I'm really expecting Haaland to join. I think his relationship with Ole has far more sway than people think.

Infra-red

Lukaku to Chelsea
Kane to City
Mbappe to Real

Nah, Chelsea will be looking to offload Lukaku by then, after Tuchel realises he has the first touch of a brick wall.

I reckon our biggest competition for Haaland will be PSG, who seem to be cosying up to Raiola (and will be looking to replace Mbappe).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
My first thought was are Inter that stupid to turn down that deal but then again they arent making a massive profit are they?

Didnt they default on their payments to us for Lukaku already?
Not sure about that to be honest. I'm not clued up on the contractual agreement United and Inter have with each other.

pascell

My first thought was are Inter that stupid to turn down that deal but then again they arent making a massive profit are they?

Didnt they default on their payments to us for Lukaku already?
Don't Inter still need to pay us for the remaining money for the transfer of Lukaku from us to them?
You're both correct, we could've fined them for it but it was when everyone was struggling from covid so I think we've let them off the fine. If I remember rightly, they owe us £49m from that transfer.

manuchamp88

Nah, Chelsea will be looking to offload Lukaku by then, after Tuchel realises he has the first touch of a brick wall.

I reckon our biggest competition for Haaland will be PSG, who seem to be cosying up to Raiola (and will be looking to replace Mbappe).
I'd like to think (perhaps naively) that Haaland has enough self-worth to reject them.

ReddBalls

Lukaku to Chelsea
Kane to City
Mbappe to Real

They know they're not getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.