Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think the people in charge really feel with a top striker the team can be a title winning team for a lot of years. Most of the team is in their early to mid twenties. You never know how these things pan out, but Roman is in a spending mood and FFP seems to be very ambiguous. It might be the only year to get away with it?
Yeah, I see nothing wrong with Chelsea going after top-tier strikers, but whilst Haaland's held back by Dortmund this summer, Lukaku himself isn't interested in leaving Inter. Why chase someone who's clearly expressed his interest to stay?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If Chelsea sign Lukaku and City sign Kane that opens the door for us to sign Haaland next summer. Perfect scenario.
Im starting to wonder if we can match the package PSG will throw at Haaland next year should Mbappe leave.

Blood Mage

If Chelsea sign Lukaku and City sign Kane that opens the door for us to sign Haaland next summer. Perfect scenario.
Praying it happens. I'll take City winning everything this season in exchange for landing Haaland next year.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, I see nothing wrong with Chelsea going after top-tier strikers, but whilst Haaland's held back by Dortmund this summer, Lukaku himself isn't interested in leaving Inter. Why chase someone who's clearly expressed his interest to stay?
I never know what to believe in transfer windows, players say they want to stay at their club and then sign for another team a week later.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Think Haaland cares too much about his career and football in general to go to France at such a young age.
He is almost assured a league title every year and CL runs every year as a stepping stone to another team in three years. I dont know that it is unattractive to him, his father, and Raiola has major ties to PSG

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We really need this Lukaku deal to go through for Chelsea. And Kanye can take City out of the Haaland running too.

Giggsyking

If the sell on clause is true then let's hope Chelsea aren't going to include players in the deal as that will reduce our payment substantially
the player value will be added, it does not matter if they include players or not.

RyRoc

I don’t think Inter sell Lukaku - they will cash in on L Martinez imo to raise the funds.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don’t think Inter sell Lukaku - they will cash in on L Martinez imo to raise the funds.
I'm surprised that Chelsea aren't going after Lautaro, honestly. Sure, he's not as consistent as Lukaku, but he'd be a better fit for Tuchel, and I can see him growing into an even better player with Chelsea.

Mr Smith

I'm kind of amazed we don't seem prepared to sell him. I suppose it's possible we're just looking for the best offer, but his stock will literally never be higher than it is now, and we need to raise funds. How much is Lingard realistically going to play this season? For me it's mad not to sell him when he went from having almost no transfer value to between 20-30 mil with one loan move.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm kind of amazed we don't seem prepared to sell him. I suppose it's possible we're just looking for the best offer, but his stock will literally never be higher than it is now, and we need to raise funds. How much is Lingard realistically going to play this season? For me it's mad not to sell him when he went from having almost no transfer value to between 20-30 mil with one loan move.
How are you getting we're not prepared to sell him from those tweets? We obviously would if we got a good offer. But if he doesn't want to leave, it probably toughens things a bit.

Gazza

The Lukaku to Chelsea thing makes no sense unless Haaland has told them he is going somewhere else. The reports would have us believe Abramovich has been offering silly money for Haaland this summer, but apparently he isn't up for waiting a year and paying £75mil?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I think it’s pretty clear that Haaland wants to basically do what NBA free agents do here in America. He wants to wait until this time next year and have every big club in Europe pitch him in their projects. Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG, and all the big PL clubs will be sending proposals his way. PSG and RM will surely offer him stratospheric wages like £500-600k per week.

So why would he move now? We certainly aren’t paying him that so I’d assume that’s why we‘re now targeting Lukaku.

lucashood

There is a game of Poker going on there I reckon

Giggsyking

How? Let's say Chelsea include Abraham + £40m, how to determine the value of Abraham?
The Chelsea offer for example is a total of 100m as Romano said (85m euros+Alonso) which means they already valued Alonso for 15m.

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
The Chelsea offer for example is a total of 100m as Romano said (85m euros+Alonso) which means they already valued Alonso for 15m.
Not quite how it works ...the two clubs involved agree the value of any players involved in the deal which are added to the cash payment. In your example Chelsea may decide they think Alonso has a 7m value and claim the total paid is a reduced amount of 92m.

If the two clubs cant agree on the value of the player with regard to the value of a sell on clause then it has to go to a tribunal which can take quite a long time to resolve.

Idxomer

The Lukaku to Chelsea thing makes no sense unless Haaland has told them he is going somewhere else. The reports would have us believe Abramovich has been offering silly money for Haaland this summer, but apparently he isn't up for waiting a year and paying £75mil?
Chelsea never had the chance to sign Haaland, they're just not as attractive for someone like Haaland as the other top clubs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Looks like Roma won't be Matic's next club for now. Then again, they have lots of players for that DM role in Roma.

-Supreme-

if Chelsea were to offer Abraham and Alonso for example then there is no way the real valuation of the players will be written to the agreement to ensure inter pay us as little as possible.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
We believe in charity so we try to keep useless players in high wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.