Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

would net us almost 13 million euro extra if that happened
Where does everybody get the percentages for the sell on clause from? It could be anything ranging from 5 to 25 percent and the MEN recently reported the height of it is unknown.

ChaddyP

Where does everybody get the percentages for the sell on clause from? It could be anything ranging from 5 to 25 percent and the MEN recently reported the height of it is unknown.
i saw a tweet from Ducker of the Telegraph said claimed this

that works out to 25% of the profit. Guardian had already stated that we have a sell on clause from 2019.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...chester-united-after-new-bid?CMP=share_btn_tw

we sold him for 80 million euro. 100-80 + 20. 25% of 20 is 5

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
i saw a tweet from Ducker of the Telegraph said claimed this

that works out to 25% of the profit. Guardian had already stated that we have a sell on clause from 2019.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...chester-united-after-new-bid?CMP=share_btn_tw

we sold him for 80 million euro. 100-80 + 20. 25% of 20 is 5
Law's article (the one that Ducker retweeted) states that the sell-on clause is 4-5% of the total fee and should have nothing to do with the profit. Ducker used Law's example in the article to show that we could get at least 5 million Euros if Lukaku was sold for 120 million Euros (120M * 4.5% = 4.8M).

Dazzmondo

I expect Lukaku will be going for a fee like that. No idea why people seem happy about this. Lukaku's a world class finisher and he will make Chelsea much better. What they're missing is a goal scorer and that is what Lukaku is. Just makes this season more difficult for us. Some here seem a bit delusional tbh.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Ilaix case

Ferran Martínez: "It seems he has a good offer from Chelsea. The [player's] representatives have not responded to Barça's latest offer."

Gemma Herrero: "He is only 18 years old. They [i.e. the player's reps] have cared little for his sports career and more about making money."

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I expect Lukaku will be going for a fee like that. No idea why people seem happy about this. Lukaku's a world class finisher and he will make Chelsea much better. What they're missing is a goal scorer and that is what Lukaku is. Just makes this season more difficult for us. Some here seem a bit delusional tbh.
People are happy because it gives Utd a great chance to sign Haaland next year. Not sure if that's something to be happy about right now because Chelsea can still target him next season.

theklr

People are happy because it gives Utd a great chance to sign Haaland next year. Not sure if that's something to be happy about right now because Chelsea can still target him next season.
That would be very very strange.

Dazzmondo

I doubt Chelsea had any chance at Haaland regardless of whether or not they signed Lukaku. The very fact that they've gone for Lukaku tells me that Haaland straight up rejected them. All the comments he's made and all the reports have always suggested Haaland was ultimately going to choose either City or Utd.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I agree. If Chelsea get Lukaku and City get Kane, our slim chance of a title gets even smaller.

theklr

I doubt Chelsea had any chance at Haaland regardless of whether or not they signed Lukaku. The very fact that they've gone for Lukaku tells me that Haaland straight up rejected them. All the comments he's made and all the reports have always suggested Haaland was ultimately going to choose either City or Utd.
While I agree that is very likely , Dortmund was very adamant of the €175 m price as they were with us. It could just be it was too much for Chelsea

bazza3727

Love how everything is against United with our fans as if literally everyone including the British government will do anything to cause us problems. Absolutely ridiculous and smacks of entitlement and arrogance from our fanbase.:lol::lol:

No there isn’t an “only man utd” issue when it comes to Visa’s. It affects every club, it’ll only be even difficult because of Brexit and COVID. You’re only seeing more issues because you look at more Man Utd news than other clubs.

Jesus christ this forum is mad at times.
It was just an innocent question - no need to get your knickers in a twist!

caid

Lets face it, everyone is going to be in for him next season, the release clause is low enough that theres no good reason not to.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Chelsea's demand to spunk away an insane amount on a striker this summer is a little baffling really. Feeling left out whilst the Manchester clubs get shiny new toys.

prateik

Chelsea's demand to spunk away an insane amount on a striker this summer is a little baffling really. Feeling left out whilst the Manchester clubs get shiny new toys.
They should get Griezmann .. Barca would be happy to sell.

Pavl3n

Well they are 100% taken into account when the club calculates what they can spend on incomings. And usually clubs take a loan against it to get it immidiately or faster.
I can't believe that. Honestly.
Taking into account the guaranteed fee - yes, it's guaranteed money.
But the money from a sell on clause - what if he leaves on a free?

theklr

I can't believe that. Honestly.
Taking into account the guaranteed fee - yes, it's guaranteed money.
But the money from a sell on clause - what if he leaves on a free?
I meant the guaranteed fee only.

theklr

They should get Griezmann .. Barca would be happy to sell.
Yeah, I was thinking the same... they might think he isnt physical enough to be a box striker in the PL and that he probably want insane wages though.

Pavl3n

I meant the guaranteed fee only.
Oh ok. I was reading just that one reply. Taken out of context felt as if you're talking just about the sell on clause. Should've read what you're replying to.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Why though?

They’re planning wisely.. a team that won CL can wait for multiple replacements and invest everything into one specific position for a window.

A striker makes sense.. rest get another season to prove themselves.. obviously Werner isn’t going to do it all himself.. Giroud left.. Abraham ain’t cut out for Tuchel football either.. Havertz can play false 9 too.. they need a striker and they’re going all in..

As much as we all think Lukaku is overrated, he’s good in certain systems and I think he might do well in Chelsea’s setup compared to ours when the ball barely reached him and when it did he was already suffering from lack of confidence and service.

In a setup like Chelsea’s he may deliver better. With us he had to collect a ball and also do much more with it whereas with Chelsea the setups he’ll get that Werner used to get it, I’ll bet he’ll finish them way more than Werner ever did. That’s basically it. More goals = more results.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Why though?

They’re planning wisely.. a team that won CL can wait for multiple replacements and invest everything into one specific position for a window.

A striker makes sense.. rest get another season to prove themselves.. obviously werner isn’t going to do it all himself.. Giroud left.. Abraham ain’t cut out for Tuchel football either.. Havertz can play false 9 too.. they need a striker and they’re going all in..

As much as we all think Lukaku is overrated, he’s good in certain systems and I think he might do well in Chelsea’s setup compared to ours when the ball barely reached him and when it did he was already suffering from lack of confidence and service.

In a setup like Chelsea’s he may deliver better. With us he had to collect a ball and also do much more with it whereas with Chelsea the setups he’ll get that Werner used to get it, I’ll bet he’ll finish them way more than the former ever did. That’s basically it. More goals = more results.
Disagree re Lukaku fitting Tuchel's style of football. In fact, can't think of many worse fits for striker options out of the "big" names.

I can see why they wanted Haaland, he's the one whose game is tailored to what Tuchel is looking for.

GBBQ

Why though?

A striker makes sense.. rest get another season to prove themselves.. obviously Werner isn’t going to do it all himself.. Giroud left.. Abraham ain’t cut out for Tuchel football either.. Havertz can play false 9 too.. they need a striker and they’re going all in..

In a setup like Chelsea’s he may deliver better. With us he had to collect a ball and also do much more with it whereas with Chelsea the setups he’ll get that Werner used to get it, I’ll bet he’ll finish them way more than Werner ever did. That’s basically it. More goals = more results.
I mean they are CL winners this season but their league top scorer was a midfielder with 7 goals all of them penalties, Its glaringly obvious why they are going after an out and out striker.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Disagree re Lukaku fitting Tuchel's style of football. In fact, can't think of many worse fits for striker options out of the "big" names.

I can see why they wanted Haaland, he's the one whose game is tailored to what Tuchel is looking for.
I mean they are CL winners this season but their league top scorer was a midfielder with 7 goals all of them penalties, Its glaringly obvious why they are going after an out and out striker.
But that is my point. If we break it down, the service that Chelsea’s midfielders provide is top notch.

For a player like Lukaku all the hard work is already done. Even Werner was fed tap ins and the man couldn’t finish those even.

In a system like ours, Lukaku suffered cuz he’s not a player who likes to plan ahead. He likes to be fed balls headed for a goal and Chelsea does it well.

Even the CL final goal, that was such a beautiful through ball that I’d think even Lukaku could’ve finished it. Basically the end product that Chelsea provide is good for Lukaku specially in a league like the PL where he doesn’t have to do too much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.