Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

I expect Lukaku will be going for a fee like that. No idea why people seem happy about this. Lukaku's a world class finisher and he will make Chelsea much better. What they're missing is a goal scorer and that is what Lukaku is. Just makes this season more difficult for us. Some here seem a bit delusional tbh.
Agreed. Ole and Utd will look very silly if Lukaku scores enough goals to get Chelsea the PL title. After all we are still after a no9 to replace him in the long term. I know the fanbase is divided on his time at Utd. I for one who have kept him. The sort of striker you need for the PL. People call him a flat track bully, but in the end its the games against the teams outside the top 6 that normally decide the title. Ronaldo, Henry etc, scored alot against against those sides. Those are the awkward games where you drop points, if flat track bullys like him score against those sides regularly then so what? Goals win games, which eventually wins trophies.

Hope he stays in Italy.

dinostar77

Has Mbappe ever said where he will go?
First choice: Madrid. Second choice: Madrid. Thrid choice: Madrid.

God only knows why. This is not the time to join the Spainish giants. Especially if the chairman is having a fire sale of the playing squad just to be able to afford you this summer (if PSG sell). Footballers sometimes lack the brain cells off the pitch.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Agreed. Ole and Utd will look very silly if Lukaku scores enough goals to get Chelsea the PL title. After all we are still after a no9 to replace him in the long term. I know the fanbase is divided on his time at Utd. I for one who have kept him. The sort of striker you need for the PL. People call him a flat track bully, but in the end its the games against the teams outside the top 6 that normally decide the title. Ronaldo, Henry etc, scored alot against against those sides. Those are the awkward games where you drop points, if flat track bullys like him score against those sides regularly then so what? Goals win games, which eventually wins trophies.

Hope he stays in Italy.
The problem isn't his flat track bully-ness, its that his touch is so bad he ruins 5 moves for every goal he scores.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

Hope he stays in Italy.
Lukaku was not good for our setup. Period. Which is why we sold him. He’s not as clinical as Cavani, can’t finish like Martial who, regardless of his fluctuations, does better with his first touch. And definitely doesn’t have the eye for goal that even Greenwood does at such a young age compared to Lukaku.

It’s all about systems. A player like Aguero wouldn’t have shined in my systems either.

But I definitely think Lukaku will enjoy Chelsea’s setup. The formation that Tuchel plays will get him enough balls to try and finish and he’ll definitely finish more than Werner ever did.

I would even go as far as to say players like Ziyech will enjoy having Lukaku around. A simple cross to a reliable big man to head in. Easy. With Werner, his connection was weak. The balls had to be fed to him perfectly.

dinostar77

The lukaku of inter is a very different player to lukaku of Man Utd. He lost the extra muscle he didnt need. Conte vastly improved his stamina. Ok agree not always the greatest first touch, but his job is to put the ball in the net. Something hes very good at. Kane going to city and lukaku going to Chelsea doesnt bode well for us this season coming. Ok we may then have slightly better chance of landing Haaland. But landing Haaland is like playing a roulette table you have no idea if you will win or not.

theklr

Lukaku was not good for our setup. Period. Which is why we sold him. He’s not as clinical as Cavani, can’t finish like Martial who, regardless of his fluctuations, does better with his first touch. And definitely doesn’t have the eye for goal that even Greenwood does at such a young age compared to Lukaku.

It’s all about systems. A player like Aguero wouldn’t have shined in my systems either.

But I definitely think Lukaku will enjoy Chelsea’s setup. The formation that Tuchel plays will get him enough balls to try and finish and he’ll definitely finish more than Werner ever did.

I would even go as far as to say players like Ziyech will enjoy having Lukaku around. A simple cross to a reliable big man to head in. Easy. With Werner, his connection was weak. The balls had to be fed to him perfectly.
Its not like we wanted Lukaku to go , that was pretty obvious - but Ole said Martial would be the preferred striker in most games and Lukaku didnt want to play the backup role which is fair enough.

If we wanted to sell him from the get-go he wouldnt have to go on strike to get his wish.

I agree that he'll fit Chelsea though.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
The lukaku of inter is a very different player to lukaku of Man Utd. He lost the extra muscle he didnt need. Conte vastly improved his stamina. Ok agree not always the greatest first touch, but his job is to put the ball in the net. Something hes very good at. Kane going to city and lukaku going to Chelsea doesnt bode well for us this season coming. Ok we may then have slightly better chance of landing Haaland. But landing Haaland is like playing a roulette table you have no idea if you will win or not.
Completely agree with the bolded part. I personally think players like Havertz, Mount & Pulisic will enjoy feeding him balls after doing all the hard work knowing he can at least hold his man down and finish the tap in that Werner struggled(s) with.

If he was such a bad idea for Tuchel football, then they’d never be going for him so aggressively. In many ways Haaland & Lukaku are similar. Which is why they’re even considering Lukaku after potentially missing out on Haaland. The only thing is Haaland doesn’t seem to choke in pressure situations as much as Lukaku does and that’s why he’s in high demand.

If city get Kane & Chelsea get Lukaku I don’t see anyone giving us a fight for Haaland really. The history and prestige of our club + the idea of becoming a legend at our club will overpower all these oil barons/Oligarchs. I mean PSG for all that they have, can’t possibly compete with our brand. Liverpool could but they’d have to win everything this season to even be in a fight to convince him to pick them over us, Ole and a team geared for the next decade.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
You would think Conte was his personal physical trainer the way you're going on. Lukaku hasn't changed at all, he's still as bulky as he was here, only in Serie A he gets more space to make up for his lack of footballing ability and the defenders don't get as physical so he can bully them away. If he comes back to the PL I can assure you he'll be good for half a season and then Chelsea fans would run him out of town again.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Its not like we wanted Lukaku to go , that was pretty obvious - but Ole said Martial would be the preferred striker in most games and Lukaku didnt want to play the backup role which is fair enough.

If we wanted to sell him from the get-go he wouldnt have to go on strike to get his wish.

I agree that he'll fit Chelsea though.
You kinda already answered your own theory. We did want Lukaku to go if he wasn’t ready to be #1 but #2. He was never meant to be a #2 and we just made sure we didn’t have to sell him for any less than we did.

Him going on strike was only a benefit for us otherwise we would’ve never received the funds we did knowing what a joke he’d become over a short period of time.

Dr. StrangeHate

Hope he stays in Italy.
He wasn't a fit for our system. I am sure the press will make it as United failed Lukaku when he inevitably has a good season for Chelsea but the truth is he was and is the wrong striker for us.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
You would think Conte was his personal physical trainer the way you/re going on. Lukaku hasn't changed at all, he's still as bulky as he was here, only in Serie A het gets more space to make up for his bad footballing ability and the defenders don't get as physical so he can bully them away. If he comes back to the PL I can assure you he'll be good for half a season and then Chelsea fans would run him out of town again.
I don’t agree with the last bolded part. I think Chelsea have found gems in Mount & Havertz if not Pulisic even. These guys will feed him easy balls. I think Lukaku will receive enough service. Most PL teams eventually yield to the top dogs to an extent where they just defend mostly. With a player like Lukaku, these teams will defend even more knowing he’s a bigger threat than players like Werner, Giroud & Abraham.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I don’t agree with the last bolded part. I think Chelsea have found gems in Mount & Havertz if not Pulisic even. These guys will feed him easy balls. I think Lukaku will receive enough service. Most PL teams eventually yield to the top dogs to an extent where they just defend mostly. With a player like Lukaku, these teams will defend even more knowing he’s a bigger threat than players like Werner, Giroud & Abraham.
Even Mount, Havertz and Pulisic can't stop the ball just bouncing off him in a tight penatly area. Go look at Inter forums now - their fans are not blind to his flaws. People here are misremembering his time here if you think he's some world class goal scorer just because he scored lots of goals. He missed sitters on sitters in really important moments. Chelsea fans would absolutely not tolerate that.

These guys will feed him easy balls.
He doesn't just need easy balls, he needs space in the penalty area to get his touch sorted and get a strike off. If he's being challenged physically while he takes it he tends to bottle it. Even now.

James Peril

Lukaku played a lot of seasons in the Premier League, played almost every game and scored 20+ just once. About the same as Berbatov in terms of goals per game for United. People are fooled by how crap the Italian league is, it’s incredible.

Bestietom

Surely Matic, Pereira, and James would bring in the monies between them to buy either Camavinga or Saul.

theklr

Lukaku played a lot of seasons in the Premier League, played almost every game and scored 20+ just once. About the same as Berbatov in terms of goals per game for United. People are fooled by how crap the Italian league is, it’s incredible.
Yeah, but even just 10 - 15 goals ( which wont be a big ask) will help Chelsea alot since they are so void of any type of semireliable striker but are quite good on the rest of the pitch.

Abit steep price for 10-15 goals though :)

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Even Mount, Havertz and Pulisic can't stop the ball just bouncing off him in a tight penatly area. Go look at Inter forums now - their fans are not blind to his flaws. People here are misremembering his time here if you think he's some world class goal scorer just because he scored lots of goals. He missed sitters on sitters in really important moments. Chelsea fans would absolutely not tolerate that.

These guys will feed him easy balls.
He doesn't just need easy balls, he needs space in the penalty area to get his touch sorted and get a strike off. If he's being challenged physically while he takes it he tends to bottle it. Even now.
Look I totally agree with everything you say but end of the day he’s a much more reliable striker than their current options including Giroud who just left but even him being a part of the previous season wouldn’t have stood a chance being selected over Lukaku.

Obviously Chelsea will have to adapt a bit to Lukaku‘s style but regardless they’ll provide him enough service. Once they make teams succumb back into their own halves and defend, I can surely say he’ll have a greater finish ratio than Werner ever did. Even though he’s only been there a season. Werner also made Chelsea more predictable in the sense that crosses weren’t frequent but with Lukaku it’s any CBs guess what he’ll have to deal with.

Even when we have to play Chelsea, we’ll have to be weary of the fact that guarding Lukaku will make us more open in other areas whereas with Werner & others we could predict more.

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
Surely Matic, Pereira, and James would bring in the monies between them to buy either Camavinga or Saul.

If you can find a club willing to buy them then I am sure a certain Mr Judge c/o Old Trafford would love to hear from you. All three are basically unsellable for anywhere near the price Man Utd feel they need.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Well all the seasons he played were with Everton & Us mostly. With Everton he was a younger version of himself. With us he had to survive in a Mourinho game style.

As bad as the Italian league is, my prediction stands. If Chelsea do sign him, y’all will see his game improve if the service is more consistent and frequent.

Just by him holding his ground and making CBs worry about him rather than worrying about other open spots and players, it’ll open up the field for other teammates of his which will eventually make him get free space too.

Bestietom

If you can find a club willing to buy them then I am sure a certain Mr Judge c/o Old Trafford would love to hear from you. All three are basically unsellable for anywhere near the price Man Utd feel they need.
We could be in for a fire sale on last day of transfer then.

sparx99

Despite his goals: he's a roided up donkey with the touch of a landmine. Chelsea are welcome to him as far as I'm concerned.
He’s played with De Bruyne, Mertens and Hazard during his international career. That’s some damn good service. Not that hard to score goals with those guys supplying you.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
£100m fecking million! :lol: :lol:
As funny as it may be, I’d be scared of facing an ideal best lineup of him, KdB, Sterling, Foden & any striker/false 9 no matter what our lineup may be.

We need a solid midfield this season to make sure we keep up with city if not the rest and still make sure we beat them 1v1 to win the league.

With Grealish they’ll provide way more headaches. If this guy pulls and beats any two players, most of us are toast. Who will you mark?

ShinjiNinja26

As funny as it may be, I’d be scared of facing an ideal best lineup of him, KdB, Sterling, Foden & any striker/false 9 no matter what our lineup may be.

We need a solid midfield this season to make sure we keep up with city if not the rest and still make sure we beat them 1v1 to win the league.

With Grealish they’ll provide way more headaches. If this guy pulls and beats any two players, most of us are toast. Who will you mark?
He’s a very good player but I don’t rate him anywhere near as much as some on here and don’t think he’ll improve City as much as folk think either. Can see him being just another number and going into the rotation like all their other attacking mids.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
He’s a very good player but I don’t rate him anywhere near as much as some on here and don’t think he’ll improve City as much as folk think either. Can see him being just another number and going into the rotation like all their other attacking mids.
Do you really think they’d spend 100m for a rotation?

He’s the guy who will enlarge city’s brand to say the least. Englishman, fan favourite, skillful. He’ll bench most players.

theklr

They still owe £45M pal inter notoriously slow at paying everyone never made first payment in last season United accounts
Yes, but that money has United already taken into account as a revenue and offset against installments owed to other clubs etc.

James35

So if Lingard stays and no one wants any of our surplus crap do we all think our spending is done? 27 days to go until window closes so I can't see much more happening besides a loan or two. Pogba will stay in my opinion (and leave on a free next year) and there are not really any strong links to us besides maybe Trippier.

Just feel Sancho and Varane will certainly not be enough to make a serious challenge. We'd still have the same average midfield and that worries me. Just a shame our players are overpaid resulting in them being overpriced, not getting rid of any of these and potentially giving them new contracts instead will (for me at least) make this window a 6/10...not the transfer masterclass some fans on my social media are claiming.

Ole really needs to win something this season and if we do really need to sell to buy the next few weeks could be disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.