Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

You would think Conte was his personal physical trainer the way you're going on. Lukaku hasn't changed at all, he's still as bulky as he was here, only in Serie A he gets more space to make up for his lack of footballing ability and the defenders don't get as physical so he can bully them away. If he comes back to the PL I can assure you he'll be good for half a season and then Chelsea fans would run him out of town again.
More space in serie A? Defenders arent as physical. What a load of rubbish mate. Its Italy. They defend for their lives. They park the bus. Strikers get pinched, kicked, pulled etc. Theres a reason why italian defenders are the masters of defending cause they are awesome at it. Its harder to score in Italy than other leagues as it is so defensive and has the lets not conceed mindest from the off. Tactically its also probably thr best league as teams change shape and formation 2-3 times during matches.

Robbie Boy

Can never be too sure but im confident he will do well in a counter attacking team in the epl. He has good pace a good finish and pretty good hold up play.
Cheers. Only seen bits of him over the years, but he looks a talented player albeit slightly erratic.

Dazzmondo

Surely the extra money we get from the Lukaku deal will give us enough to get Trippier done before the start of the season? Don't fancy going into the season with no backup fullbacks tbh

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
More space in serie A? Defenders arent as physical. What a load of rubbish mate. Its Italy. They defend for their lives. They park the bus. Strikers get pinched, kicked, pulled etc. Theres a reason why italian defenders are the masters of defending cause they are awesome at it. Its harder to score in Italy than other leagues as it is so defensive and has the lets not conceed mindest from the off. Tactically its also probably thr best league as teams change shape and formation 2-3 times during matches.
You're living in the 90s mate. Last year Serie A was probably the softest league in terms of physicality and defenders could hardly touch someone for VAR to get involved. It was frankly ridiculous.

dinostar77

You're living in the 90s mate. Last year Serie A was probably the softest league in terms of physicality and defenders could hardly touch someone for VAR to get involved. It was frankly ridiculous.
Agree to disagree buddy and leave it there. :)

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Chelsea are going for Lukaku, they can't be going for Haaland next summer.

Does this mean he's eyeing up a move that will see him reunited with his old manager?

theklr

Does this mean he's eyeing up a move that will see him reunited with his old manager?
Fab said they might ...

M4YON

Possibly but I think our biggest threat to bringing him here is PSG if Mpabbe leaves next year which looks increasingly likely.

Pavl3n

What's Haaland's release clause next summer? €75m ?
I'm sure all top clubs have a 'Haaland kitty' that they won't be touching until it's decided where he goes. Erling seems like his incentive is not money but success and that 'whoring' around Raiola did not so long ago was most probably Erling scouting his next club. Trying to see what projects different clubs offer.
If we have a good season, Varane improves the back line as expected, Sancho improves the front line as expected and we go far in the CL, I'd have my hopes really high that he'd fancy our project.

justsomebloke

Surprising, and a little worrying. Is he going to see a lot of playing time when he competes with Mings, Konsa and Hause, all of whom are arguably better and more proven players than he is? I suppose he does add more on the ball than they do, maybe that's the key.

TMS

Well, Mings plays for England. That's a fair bit off where Axel T currently is.
In terms of what he shows every week sure, but that's because Axel isn't playing most weeks. I think they are different types of CB firstly, but in terms of natural ability I'd put Tuanzebe over Mings. If he can't displace either Mings or Konsa in his age 24 season then he really doesn't have a future at United beyond 4th or 3rd choice at a push.

I'm rooting for him because there is a terrific CB in there, he just needs to show it week in week out.

justsomebloke

International teams have to make do and sometimes managers make odd decisions.

Is Mings good enough for United?
I'd say so yes, but obviously not ahead of Maguire or Varane, and the case for him being an upgrade on Lindelof isn't strong enough to have warranted the major investment acquiring him would have required. But he sure as hell is a much better CB than Axel Tuanzebe.

Status
Not open for further replies.