g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Chelsea are interested in another young but promising player, this time from Russia.

Source: Sport-Express

Dynamo Moscow board member Sergey Stepashin on the interest in Zakharyan:
Let Abramovich be interested in his fate. I think he is worth as much [i.e. 12 million Euros] in the long run. But then again, he only turned 18.

Of course, he should play at least three more years here in the national championship. Well, in Dynamo, of course, why would you go elsewhere? To get stronger, and then you can go. Otherwise, one can break down because they are from a foreign country, foreign players, foreign mentality. It can break a young guy. And he will still have time to earn his keep. We had many examples when people left and then disappeared altogether.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Liverpool may not be so active in the remaining days of the transfer window.

Source: TV2

Jurgen Klopp on his club's transfer activity:
It is summer and the transfer window is open, then everyone expects some player signings. We will see what happens.

Let’s go through the squad. Do you want to buy a new fullback? A new goalkeeper? We already have good players there. In midfield, we have players with a lot of experience, such as Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita. In addition, we have exciting young boys in Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones. In the attack, we have Sadio Mané, Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah, Diogo Jota, Xherdan Shaqiri, Takumi Minamino and Divock Origi.

I’ve definitely forgotten someone… If you want to buy such players, you have to spend a lot of money. We do not have to do that, because the players are already here. You have to make changes from time to time, but then there must be room to do it. We do not want more players. If something happens somewhere, something can happen somewhere else, but it makes no sense to add more players.
Looks like Liverpool can only bring in new players if they sell first.

theklr

The last week of this window is going to be fecking crazy. It's too bad United are in the same situation as so many of the big teams (need to move several players before buying), I think there will be some bargains to be had.
Yeah, but if a real proper bargain came up I think the club would pounce on it still .

Our prime midfield target (Rice) is too expensive, and the alternatives are probably not looked at as good enough upgrades. Like if Jesse stays he would bw good enough as a squad player.

yamo123x

I worry for Southampton this season.

Losing Ings, now Vestegaard and poss Ward Prowse and only signing Walcott.

I like their manager, but he is not being supported at all IMHO.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Yacine Adli is Milan's alternative to Josip Ilicic, who's likely to remain at Atalanta.
    • Bordeaux are working on his replacement: Fransérgio Barbosa from SC Braga
  • Milan are also working on Florenzi
    • Milan want loan + purchase option
    • Roma want a purchase obligation after the loan instead of an option.
    • Possible compromise: loan + conditional purchase

kirk buttercup

It's baffling that Dan James isn't on that list.
He had a couple of good performances at the end of last season tbf to the Kid . He is trying hard to improve and is a squad player at best , With Rashford out we may need him More than most people think . I get the feeling Dan James stepped directly into Fellaini's scapegoat boots. Even when he plays well some are desperate to get Rid of him , Personally I think he deserves a place in the squad above Jones, Perreira , Williams , Dalot, Mata , Lingard, Tuanzebe or Telles ( and I know some were out on loan , but they were for a reason ) who offered little or nothing to the first team last season . Weird that for someone who should be on a list of deadwood he is in so many teams to play v Leeds .

Pep's Suit

Arsenal's transfer window: beaten to their no.1 target by Aston Villa, extend Xhaka's contract, send their 30M centre-back on another loan, more than happy to spend £110m+ on Ramsdale+White+Abraham.

prateik

I thought it was surprising how Sheff Utd downgraded from Henderson to Ramsdale.. especially considering they spent 18m on him.. I thought they wouldve signed someone better..
Now a year on they are making a profit on him..

He must be very highly rated. Didnt stand out to me.. but the scouts must be seeing something.

edit: apparently he won Sheff Utd's POTY award.. not saying much as they were awful.. but he must have done ok..

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He must be very highly rated. Didnt stand out to me.. but the scouts must be seeing something.
I've read a few Sheffield United fans highlight his shot-stopping and how he kept them in matches because of that. Personally, I just see him being okay with his reflexes but nothing more than that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Southampton will struggle mightily this year

Mark Pawelek

He like some fans think we are playing Ultimate team / Football manager.

Not many teams are able to fix their problems all in one window. It is clear that there is minimal interest in Andreas and Lingard and we cannot really bring someone else in unless players leave.

He acts as if McFred are totally useless and cannot play football.

We have Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Matic, Donny who can all play there

Yes, I would love a CDM but we also need to be realistic, fans want us to sign players for the sake of it.. who is out there that can actually play that role?
The midfield has been broke since Ander left. In Ole's first half season, after he took over from Mourinho, we had Matic / Hererra / Pogba in midfield and it worked well. Matic has declined. Fred isn't as good as Ander was. Pogba is now replaced by Bruno. In an ideal world Pogba would do Matic's job; but he can't. He hasn't the defensive discipline. It's been obvious that Fred and McTominay playing together, can't play a fluid, progressive passing game. It bores Goldbridge mad, and it bores me. I can't see United winning much next season without a Matic replacement. So I'm with Goldbridge on this - even if, I too, think he whines on too much.

Withnail

I thought it was surprising how Sheff Utd downgraded from Henderson to Ramsdale.. especially considering they spent 18m on him.. I thought they wouldve signed someone better..
Now a year on they are making a profit on him..

edit: apparently he won Sheff Utd's POTY award.. not saying much as they were awful.. but he must have done ok..
I've read a few Sheffield United fans highlight his shot-stopping and how he kept them in matches because of that. Personally, I just see him being okay with his reflexes but nothing more than that.
Looking at the stats on fbref he's middle of the road for save % and performance against post shot xg. In or around the same territory as pickford. That's not to say he didn't pull out some big saves at crucial moments which is what fans will remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.