Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Thought pool put us to shame when selling their deadwood?
If he was our player, he would be on double of those wages, nobody would touch him for money we ask and then probably give new contract to protect his "value".

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Sassuolo sign two Brazilians from Grêmio

Ruan will remain in Grêmio until the end of the year, by which time the Brazilian league campaign should be completed.

Pace Abuser

Kylian Mbappé wants to leave. He has requested his exit voucher and does not wish to extend. Either it's Real Madrid this summer, or a free start in a year. He had already warned several weeks ago that he did not want to play with Messi.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Kylian Mbappe wants to leave. He has requested his exit and does not wish to extend. Either it's Real Madrid this summer or for free in one year. He had already warned the club weeks ago that he did not want to play with Messi

Rolaholic

Why would Mbappe not want to play with Messi?
Unlike Neymar, maybe he really does want to be his own man and lead a team to glory on his back rather than as a passenger.

Either way it'll be interesting to see how P$G handle this, don't think they'll sell him now that they have the best attack in the world but I also wonder if they'll be ok with losing out on a massive fee they could get for him this summer.

AaronRedDevil

Unlike Neymar, maybe he really does want to be his own man and lead a team to glory on his back rather than as a passenger.

Either way it'll be interesting to see how P$G handle this, don't think they'll sell him now that they have the best attack in the world but I also wonder if they'll be ok with losing out on a massive fee they could get for him this summer.
Neymar wanted to be his own man too by getting away from Messi. It's very clear he regretted it. Now mbappe is making the same mistake. Could dominate with that attacking trio. He's an idiot for wanting to leave now. Real Madrid are a big mess right now.

Alemar

Why would Mbappe not want to play with Messi?
Because Messi is the main man, the star player. Everything will be about Messi - and Mbappe probably wants all the same to himself. One can’t win Ballon d’Or in a team with Messi - it will
Be either Messi or someone from a different team.

Gee Male

Because Messi is the main man, the star player. Everything will be about Messi - and Mbappe probably wants all the same to himself. One can’t win Ballon d’Or in a team with Messi - it will
Be either Messi or someone from a different team.

So, ego then?

Anyone who wants to see themselves as leading a team on their own back rather than being successful with a team is a monumental tool in my opinion.

Gee Male

I'm guessing it means the idea of playing with Messi wont keep him at PSG. He doesnt care.
Possibly. Already has his head turned.

I don't get the seeming obsession with Madrid either. La Liga doesn't seem to be the place to be in the short term. There are literally no other marquee players there really.

prateik

If he signs another contract, he'll be in the French league till he is 27-28..
He is very smart.. he is getting out while he can.

Go anywhere.. just out.
About Madrid, transition right now, but nowhere near as bad as Barca and a club you would absolutely back to get back at the very top very soon.. also, he might have grown up wanting to play there if he idolized Ronaldo that much.

theklr

Why?

Seems to me he's the only one who doesn't want to waste his career playing in France and it's the rest of them who are being ill advised
Haha, agree. For all its troubles RM are still lightyears away from PSG in terms of football heritage, culture and status.

Dont see why he’d not stay the year for a proper CL challenge though

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Haha, agree. For all its troubles RM are still lightyears away from PSG in terms of football heritage, culture and status.

Dont see why he’d not stay the year for a proper CL challenge though
For Messi at his age I get it, Neymar never made sense if he was serious about ever being considered on of the best of all time (which clearly he wasn't), it's refreshing to see Mbappe who was starting to look a little too big for his boots want to get out of there and further his career on a bigger stage

Alemar

I don't get the seeming obsession with Madrid either.
Especially now. Only EPL represents the highest level of league competition - so he needs to come here. And if so, there are 4 clubs to choose from, more or less.

Gee Male

If he signs another contract, he'll be in the French league till he is 27-28..
He is very smart.. he is getting out while he can.

Go anywhere.. just out.
About Madrid, transition right now, but nowhere near as bad as Barca and a club you would absolutely back to get back at the very top very soon.. also, he might have grown up wanting to play there if he idolized Ronaldo that much.
Madrid are in transition and are still significant favourites to win La Liga this year. If Mbappe moves there, even more so.

The point is that the whole league is in transition - Barca likely to be weaker for a bit, Atletico will probably stay at the level they always seem to be at, Madrid in transition, the CVC deal affecting the league, and the whole league adjusting to new salary caps significantly impacted by the pandemic.

On top of that, Spanish clubs have been a lot less competitive in the CL for the last couple of years, if that continues this season then it's a noticeable trend.

It doesn't exactly scream to me to be the place Mbappe should be looking to spend the prime of his career especially after spending the first part in France.

Rolaholic

People are really surprised that this kid

Isn't exactly enamored by the idea of playing with Messi? :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

And what exactly is this massive fee ? I don't think Real will go above 75m when Mbappe himself is so desperate to join them. 75m for PSG is peanuts.

Think they will let him go for free and take Pogba for free.

Gee Male

People are really surprised that this kid

Isn't exactly enamored by the idea of playing with Messi? :lol:
Of all the possible reasons for not wanting to play with Messi, that would be probably the most moronic in the context of an adult deciding on the next step of his professional career.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think we will get him. With Pogba staying and Varane also joining us this summer, he will have easier time settling here. PSG might still go for him but i doubt it after the number of players they have bought this summer

Rolaholic

Of all the possible reasons for not wanting to play with Messi, that would be probably the most moronic in the context of an adult deciding on the next step of his professional career.
It would be if one of his idols in Benzema wasn't also recruiting him hard all summer when they were together with the French NT :lol:

Just saying that it's not exactly a shock that he'd want to be the main man himself elsewhere. Neymar did the same years ago when he realized he'd never win a Ballon D'or playing on the same team as Messi.

The same thing still rings true for Mbappe, maybe he has ambitions of winning one at some point and that will never happen on a team with Messi even if they win the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.