Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
  • 2-year contract
  • Salary (total, not base): £560k/week
    • Includes all bonuses & image rights
    • Less than Messi's £1m/week (total) but more than Varane's £400k/week (total)
  • Fee structure
    • Base fee: £12.85m
    • Add-ons: £6.85
Tom Brady finally does something good for once.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Don’t know why we’re not interested for €14m.
I think he's quite similar Blind. Good at playing out the back, but not very press resistant. Maybe he can adapt, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised to see him transition to CB if he doesn't. He's a decent header and not as slow as Blind. His goal count is inflated, it's 95% set pieces.

• Jesús Corona
    • Porto want €15m-€16m, but Milan won't go above €10m-€11m.
    • Milan won't go after Corona anymore.
  • Romain Faivre
    • Faivre's trying to force himself out of Brest.
    • Milan's offer: €10m
    • Brest want €15m + bonuses
  • Junior Messias: talks continue with Crotone
  • Yacine Adli: Milan is moving ahead on that deal
I just can't get over that name. JESUS CORONA.
It must be terrible from a marketing perspective and it's not like using his first name wouldn't raise a few eyebrows.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I just can't get over that name. JESUS CORONA.
It must be terrible from a marketing perspective and it's not like using his first name wouldn't raise a few eyebrows.
It gets better: his nickname is Tecatito, because his first professional team was sponsored/owned by mexican beer makers Tecate, to avoid calling him by the name of their biggest competitor

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
  • Jesús Corona
    • Porto want €15m-€16m, but Milan won't go above €10m-€11m.
    • Milan won't go after Corona anymore.
  • Romain Faivre
    • Faivre's trying to force himself out of Brest.
    • Milan's offer: €10m
    • Brest want €15m + bonuses
  • Junior Messias: talks continue with Crotone
  • Yacine Adli: Milan is moving ahead on that deal
Jesus Corona there’s a name for the times

OmarUnited4ever

• 2-year contract
  • Salary (total, not base): £560k/week
    • Includes all bonuses & image rights
    • Less than Messi's £1m/week (total) but more than Varane's £400k/week (total)
  • Fee structure
    • Base fee: £12.85m
    • Add-ons: £6.85
oouuuf! that's a huge salary, highest in PL before Cristiano, he better deliver a VVD like performances.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Strange choice as it's a poor league and isn't going to prepare him for the physicality of the PL which is his only obstacle imo.
Just think he needs games at a team that’ll be better than their opponents in a lot of games imo. Physicality is overrated.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Strange choice as it's a poor league and isn't going to prepare him for the physicality of the PL which is his only obstacle imo.
A league where he's guranteed a lot of football, something he needs more than less games in a stronger league. Players have come direct from there and done well

Devil may care

Just think he needs games at a team that’ll be better than their opponents in a lot of games imo. Physicality is overrated.
A league where he's guranteed a lot of football, something he needs more than less games in a stronger league. Players have come direct from there and done well
Playing week in and week out is certainly a good thing but adapting to the physical nature of the PL, especially with the new lenient refereeing, is also an issue, several players have found that over the years.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Playing week in and week out is certainly a good thing but adapting to the physical nature of the PL, especially with the new lenient refereeing, is also an issue, several players have found that over the years.
It really doesn’t bother the majority of players. Plus, he’s seen it already. Playing for a decent team where he can get on the ball and get the confidence is going to do him the world of good.

Giggs' right foot

Aren’t the Dutch famous for being fecking giants? I know there’s more to ‘physicality’ than stature, but still, I think it will be a good league for him.

Anyway, most importantly he will get games. He’s just 19 and have never had a season with more than four league games, so now is the time to finish with at least 25 and then asses his United future.

Zoo

Thought Varanes wages were lower than 400k/week.
Ducker likes to add in all potential bonuses. He does it all the time, like when Sanchez was on 500k a week. He also likes to claim that something is exclusive.

Nero

Ducker hypes up United salaries to the extremes.

Then he never shuts about how much City are generating from obscure player sales and are certainly not financially doping. The City owners are without doubt his meal ticket.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don't get this notion that 19 year olds get stronger by being pushed around by stronger players.
It's mostly time in the gym + time that develops them physically, it's basic physiology. Reminds me of the silly practice of of American Football training without water.

Most PL players from the Eredivisie have said that the high tempo was the thing they struggled with most, not physicality.

The upside to this loan is that he's guaranteed to start and Feyenoord are playing twice a week (cup and conference league). PL teams probably couldn't make promises regarding minutes and the quality of play is better than the Championship. Their manager is playing good attacking football with a lot of pressing. He'll play in a packed stadium with quite some pressure to win.

I'd have rather seen him go to a better league, but it's not an odd choice considering most of our kids end up on the bench in Serie A/Bundesliga. The deal reminds me of Odegaard to Heerenveen.

Devil may care

It really doesn’t bother the majority of players. Plus, he’s seen it already. Playing for a decent team where he can get on the ball and get the confidence is going to do him the world of good.
I hope you're right mate, he looks a special talent to me and I'm hoping to see him in the main squad next season.

Aren’t the Dutch famous for being fecking giants? I know there’s more to ‘physicality’ than stature, but still, I think it will be a good league for him.

Anyway, most importantly he will get games. He’s just 19 and have never had a season with more than four league games, so now is the time to finish with at least 25 and then asses his United future.
I'm not sure about Dutch size but the league has looked more like La Liga than the PL in style when I've seen games from it, Amad's technical qualities will certainly be appreciated.

Devil may care

I don't get this notion that 19 year olds get stronger by being pushed around by stronger players.
It's mostly time in the gym + time that develops them physically, it's basic physiology. Reminds me of the silly practice of of American Football training without water.

Most PL players from the Eredivisie have said that the high tempo was the thing they struggled with most, not physicality.

The upside to this loan is that he's guaranteed to start and Feyenoord are playing twice a week (cup and conference league). PL teams probably couldn't make promises regarding minutes and the quality of play is better than the Championship. Their manager is playing good attacking football with a lot of pressing. He'll play in a packed stadium with quite some pressure to win.

I'd have rather seen him go to a better league, but it's not an odd choice considering most of our kids end up on the bench in Serie A/Bundesliga. The deal reminds me of Odegaard to Heerenveen.
Like a lot of things it's about the repetition of getting used to something that helps, as no matter how many weights he lifts he's always going to be small. It took great players like Modric and Silva time to adapt and don't recall them bulking up much.

That being said I will be happy to see him playing regularly and their coach sounds the type we'd want him to develop under.

dinostar77

Agreed he need first team football and lots of it. Physically he will grow into his frame with age so not an issie right now. Good move for him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Like a lot of things it's about the repetition of getting used to something that helps, as no matter how many weights he lifts he's always going to be small. It took great players like Modric and Silva time to adapt and don't recall them bulking up much.

That being said I will be happy to see him playing regularly and their coach sounds the type we'd want him to develop under.
Who's less likely to get bullied on a football pitch, the guy with a 250lbs squat that's been "toughened up" by the same big blokes (and getting injured in the process) or a dude that can bench those same 250lbs and squat 400lbs+?

Yes, some experience against other strong players is necessary to get used to the physical side of things, but I disagree that this is what is gating Amad from getting into our first team. He's had less than 200 minutes in top flight football if I were to guess. He'll be under pressure to perform for a team that's looking to win trophies and he'll get 3-4k+ minutes if he stays fit.

La Liga is quite a physical league as well. People just have this notion it isn't because Mata's a midget and their football isn't as shite as Ligue 1, so France's physicality stands out more.

sparx99

oouuuf! that's a huge salary, highest in PL before Cristiano, he better deliver a VVD like performances.
Varanes salary was reported as closer to £200k. Which was still a raise on his Real Madrid salary. Funny how the figures change when it suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.