g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

van Nistelrooy

Wasn't that also Everton? Maybe he just holds a grudge against them :lol:
Yes. Also Rojo as someone else stated, but he didn't really deserve to play here.

We can hardly be upset with Everton after that double bid for Baines and Fellaini all those years ago.

Robertd0803

- Wanted a DM.
- Didn't get one because we have six? Six what? players capable of playing DM?
Six?? Given that it takes McFred combined to play DM we definitely don't have six capable of playing DM.
He must mean midfielders in general.

Kearnkoff69

Oh now this is juicy. Given how outspoken his agent has been in the past, I'm willing to believe the club line (reported by Laurie) that we did not receive any offers and did not shop him, and this is all a power play from the agent to pressure the club into either (a) selling in January, or (b) getting Donny a look at playing time.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Sky report that Hoppe cost €3.5m (plus possible bonuses). I don't think he's a top talent, but that sounds quite cheap, given his age and nationality.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Sky report that Hoppe cost €3.5m (plus possible bonuses). I don't think he's a top talent, but that sounds quite cheap, given his age and nationality.
Yeah, I'd consider this a bargain for Mallorca. He looked promising for the U.S. national team recently, so let's see how he fares in La Liga now.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Donny's agent needs to stfu.
Why? He's there to represent and advance the interests of the player. Who clearly does not like the situation he's finding himself in, and why would he. It's completely bizarre.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Funnily, I think it's a lot of money for a random lower division level player.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like not getting picked for the Dutch national team has influenced Donny to possibly look for other teams at this stage. I don't think he'll be expected to leave so soon, but this might indicate him wanting to leave either in January or next summer.

NecssryEvil

Donny's agent needs to stfu.
Could not agree more.

Feels like there is a hidden agenda here from the agent but I cannot put my finger on his angle. Maybe just wants his name in the news and show he is fighting for his client in order to drum up more business.

"But we came to a clear agreement about this with the club"... yeah, you told United how things are going to work from here on out, didn't you?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Funnily, I think it's a lot of money for a random lower division level player.
Wasn't he Schalke's top scorer last year? :D I don't expect him to do great things either, but a 20 year old who scored a couple of goals should be worth a bit, even more so since he's from the US.

ArjenIsM3

Why? He's there to represent and advance the interests of the player. Who clearly does not like the situation he's finding himself in, and why would he. It's completely bizarre.
It's completely bizarre to expect us to let him go on deadline day without realistically being able to get a replacement in in time. Why leave it this late? Just because of that one phonecall from Van Gaal? Were Donny and his agent really thick enough to believe that he'd get to play in the WC if he doesn't play for his club? I get that his situation is a bit crap for him and I feel for him but leaving it this late was just stupid.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Wasn't he Schalke's top scorer last year? :D I don't expect him to do great things either, but a 20 year old who scored a couple of goals should be worth a bit, even more so since he's from the US.
I'm willing to bet that this will be the last we ever hear of Matthew Hoppe.

RedIke

Their thread is buzzing. And it's been a fun day. But for the life of me I can never figure out why it always has to come down to deadline day. It just baffles me? I'll never understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.