Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: El Confidencial

Pau Torres on why he rejected the Spurs move:
Because in the end, I was more interested in playing in the Champions League with my local team. In a year when the national team has important challenges and, when you make changes, you don’t know how it will go. It’s the fourth time Villarreal have played in the Champions League, and that’s what I was most looking forward to.

From minute one, they (Villarreal) told me they would respect whatever I decided. I am very happy at home. I have a contract until 2024 and whatever is best for everyone, we’ll see.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
These Sané/Pulisic swap rumors just make no sense for Bayern whatsoever. Must be a thing originating in the British press.
People are guessing at what is going to happen with attacking players coming in and going out in January or next summer. There was an article written today by Simon Phillips that some of these rumors have some factual aspects of Chelsea moving on from possibly Pulisic, Ziyech, and CHO. All on wages that are easily moved.

https://www.talkchelsea.net/opinion...ers-could-suggest-uncertain-futures-for-some/

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
People are guessing at what is going to happen with attacking players coming in and going out in January or next summer. There was an article written today by Simon Phillips that some of these rumors have some factual aspects of Chelsea moving on from possibly Pulisic, Ziyech, and CHO. All on wages that are easily moved.

https://www.talkchelsea.net/opinion...ers-could-suggest-uncertain-futures-for-some/
Oh, i don’t doubt that Chelsea would make that deal. But there is no incentive for Bayern to downgrade from Sané to Pulisic.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Oh, i don’t doubt that Chelsea would make that deal. But there is no incentive for Bayern to downgrade from Sané to Pulisic.
Yeah, no doubt. So many of these player trades end up in rumors. So very few actually happen.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Only now are they offering a player a bigger deal than they gave Batistuta in the 90s??

Something doesn't add up here :lol:
More than players they had 20 years ago? Wow, he's so lucky.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Only now are they offering a player a bigger deal than they gave Batistuta in the 90s??

Something doesn't add up here :lol:
Fiorentina were bought by a billionaire in the summer of 2019, so what's changed is they have a lot more money than they previously had.

Withnail

Fiorentina were bought by a billionaire in the summer of 2019, so what's changed is they have a lot more money than they previously had.
That's fair enough but even so, the idea that they've not paid anyone more than they paid Batistuta 20 - 30 years ago is wild considering how wage/transfer inflation are supposed to be out of control.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's fair enough but even so, the idea that they've not paid anyone more than they paid Batistuta 20 - 30 years ago is wild considering how wage/transfer inflation are supposed to be out of control.
It's definitely strange.

Speako

154k a week is a fair chunk of money for a club like Fiorentina, billionaire owner or not. I guess the Batistuta comparison was to highlight that Flahovic will have a bigger contract than a club legend and all time great. Of course, that’s a given noting the utterly ludicrous amounts players get these days. I bet Fred gets paid more than Roy Keane.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Maxence Lacroix has extended his contract in Wolfsburg for another year from 2024 to 2025. A big deal for them, since he seems very talented and according to Kicker Leipzig submitted two offers in the region of €20m in the summer, with the player being eager to leave at the time. He seems to have it all in terms of talent, could become a top defender if he can keep on improving.

led_scholes

But you have to take into account that Fiorentina was a major force back then and we couldn't afford Batistuta even though we were one of the best teams of the world.

Withnail

But you have to take into account that Fiorentina was a major force back then and we couldn't afford Batistuta even though we were one of the best teams of the world.
It just doesn't add up. Batistuta was on a big wage at the time but it was apparently around 50k/week which is roughly the same as Keane was on at United.

He's saying they've not paid anyone more than 50k/week over the past 20 years and they suddenly decide to pay this bloke 200k/week. It seems like maybe something was lost in translation.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If you think Matic is slow, you should watch Brozovich... There is no way he's on our target.
I haven't seen the guy but is speed that important in midfield? Be in the right place, be mobile, have a solid touch and move the ball quickly. All more important imo.

Matic isn't proper slow either, he covers the ground because of his height. I think he's much less mobile now though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

De Laurentiis and Insigne's agent aren't on good terms, and they've barely spoken to each other.

Insigne on the contract talks:
Based on what we are doing I hope we can write an important chapter this season. I am not thinking about any extension, if I focus on it I stop enjoying and I feel bad. The president and my agent have met and have chatted, I am calm and concentrated on this season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Apparently, Timo Werner's earning more than £200k/week at Chelsea. Matt Law suggested Bayern Munich as a likely destination given his prior history with Nagelsmann, switching over to the same agency as the Bayern head coach (Sports360), and a potential striker merry-go-round next summer.

EDIT: The potential merry-go-round

This reads more like speculation from Matt Law than anything substantial.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Apparently, Timo Werner's earning more than £200k/week at Chelsea. Matt Law suggested Bayern Munich as a likely destination given his prior history with Nagelsmann, switching over to the same agency as the Bayern head coach (Sports360), and a potential striker merry-go-round next summer.

This reads more like speculation from Matt Law than anything substantial.

Even leaving aside that Bayern already passed on Werner at least once while he was actually in good shape: Nagelsmann never really used him as a striker, he always played either Poulsen or Schick as a proper number 9 upfront, with Werner running into the box from the left or deeper positions. So even the shared history with Nagelsmann doesn't make him any more likely as a hypothetical Lewandowski replacement.

Werner has kind of backed himself into a gilded corner with that Chelsea move. For the sake of his career he should probably get out, since I don't see his issue improving, playing second fiddle to Lukaku. But with the wages he's supposedly on and the money Chelsea paid for him clubs that are appropriate for his ability won't be able to afford him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Even leaving aside that Bayern already passed on Werner at least once while he was actually in good shape: Nagelsmann never really used him as a striker, he always played either Poulsen or Schick as a proper number 9 upfront, with Werner running into the box from the left or deeper positions. So even the shared history with Nagelsmann doesn't make him any more likely as a hypothetical Lewandowski replacement.

Werner has kind of backed himself into a gilded corner with that Chelsea move. For the sake of his career he should probably get out, since I don't see his issue improving, playing second fiddle to Lukaku. But with the wages he's supposedly on and the money Chelsea paid for him clubs that are appropriate for his ability won't be able to afford him.
On the first paragraph, I'm with you. Nagelsmann's always used Werner as a more inside forward than a striker who leads the line, so I don't get why Law would suggest him going to Bayern without considering this.

On the second part, as tough as it has been for him to break into the team, if it doesn't affect his national team prospects, do you think that he'd be more keen on leaving Chelsea? Personally, with the money that he's earning, if he's still a national team mainstay, I don't see why he'd want to leave the club.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
On the first paragraph, I'm with you. Nagelsmann's always used Werner as a more inside forward than a striker who leads the line, so I don't get why Law would suggest him going to Bayern without considering this.

On the second part, as tough as it has been for him to break into the team, if it doesn't affect his national team prospects, do you think that he'd be more keen on leaving Chelsea? Personally, with the money that he's earning, if he's still a national team mainstay, I don't see why he'd want to leave the club.
I can't speak for how Werner feels, but I don't think his chances to play for Germany will be unaffected by being a non-scoring sub for Chelsea. There are so many attacking players for Flick to choose from: Gnabry, Sane, Müller, he even brought back Reus, Havertz; then there are young players like Musiala and Wirtz, who made great strides recently and also Adeyemi and Moukoko, who are hoping to make an impact in the long run. It will be incredibly hard to be one of the starters for the important games if you're not starting and scoring for your club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I can't speak for how Werner feels, but I don't think his chances to play for Germany will be unaffected by being a non-scoring sub for Chelsea. There are so many attacking players for Flick to choose from: Gnabry, Sane, Müller, he even brought back Reus, Havertz; then there are young players like Musiala and Wirtz, who made great strides recently and also Adeyemi and Moukoko, who are hoping to make an impact in the long run. It will be incredibly hard to be one of the starters for the important games if you're not starting and scoring for your club.
Yeah, I was just trying to think of ways for him to stick at Chelsea. Realistically, the lack of playing time will hurt Werner, he'll surely have to consider leaving if he's going to remain mostly on the bench for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.