Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Spurs are still interested in Adama Traoré as a right wing back and are also interested in Franck Kessié.

Conte on the meeting with Paratici and Levy:
I spoke with the club and I had my thoughts about the situation, and this is the most important thing. Then the club has to decide the best way to go. I don’t have expectations. I am a coach and I know that we have to solve many problems.

For sure, after two months [assessing the squad] I told the club my vision and what I’ve found here. For me, this is the most important thing. After this, the club has to decide the best way the club wants to go. I am a coach, I teach football. My way at this moment is to coach my players, improve my players and improve the level of the squad. Then we’ll see the decision of the club, if we want to improve in other aspects or not. If there’s the possibility or not.

It was a good meeting. A good meeting because the chairman and Paratici, they started together this season from the start. I arrived in the middle of the season and, for sure, they know the situation much better than me. For me, the last word is always for the club.

SATA

Would love it if Salah fecks off from the Premier League and plays somewhere else. I don’t mind him as a player as he’s brilliant but i rather see him score goals for someone else than for the dippers, Why couldn’t clubs like PSG come in for him i do not know

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Strange, thought he was meant to be good. I know Anthony has probably overtaken him in that squad, seems a bit of a step down.
I think the injury that kept him out for almost a year in 2019 has done more damage than it seems. He was very highly rated before then. It sucks to see, but I hope that he can bounce back at Shakhtar. He's a fun player to watch.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Lance

Flamengo VP Marcos Braz on Pablo Mari:
He’s not considered because he has no desire to return to Brazil.

The decision to come is a life decision. Mari has a Spanish wife, she is in England. I would love to (take him), he’s a player who has worked here. Me, Bruno (Spindel) and the club made a huge bet on him. A sensational player on a daily basis, polite, always willing to help the group and everyone. But we understand that the player would not like to return to Brazil now. And that directly influences it.

SATA

So we are going to face Digne and Coutinho for their debuts this weekend? :mad:

I don’t particularly rate their current leftback after watching him yesterday as i hope Greenwood or Sancho can go up against him again

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Source:
What happened here? Didn't Barca have a €10m buy clause when the loaned him in the summer - there were stories about them being so impressed by him that they were going to activate the clause early?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Borja Mayoral: loan + purchase option for €15M - €20M
  • With Gonzalo Villar, there are no details in the article other than the player being close to joining Getafe.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What happened here? Didn't Barca have a €10m buy clause when the loaned him in the summer - there were stories about them being so impressed by him that they were going to activate the clause early?
They do like him, but instead of investing more time into him, they want to let him go in order to make more space in the salary cap.

Nick7

Apparently Xavi likes speedy wingers and Demir is on the slower side. In addition to that is what @mazhar13 said above about the salary cap. He impressed in pre-season, and they registered him to the first team then fell off a bit on form. They basically wasted half a season of his career.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

That's not a bad fee for him, but I don't know if he'll necessarily be good enough for him.
Given that his contract expires in six months it's actually a lot. Especially since Gladbach are hurting from Covid and their inability to sell players last summer. But maybe this signing frees them up to in turn pocket a bit of money for Ginter still.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Apparently Xavi likes speedy wingers and Demir is on the slower side. In addition to that is what @mazhar13 said above about the salary cap. He impressed in pre-season, and they registered him to the first team then fell off a bit on form. They basically wasted half a season of his career.
Suppose that makes sense, he looks a good young player (only watched highlights tbf) so was just surprising! Thanks to you and @mazhar13 for the explanation.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Given that his contract expires in six months it's actually a lot. Especially since Gladbach are hurting from Covid and their inability to sell players last summer. But maybe this signing frees them up to in turn pocket a bit of money for Ginter still.
I wasn't aware of that. I wonder if they're looking for some leadership at the back and are hoping for Friedrich to provide it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I wasn't aware of that. I wonder if they're looking for some leadership at the back and are hoping for Friedrich to provide it.
I don't think Gladbach have a spare €6m lying around at the moment, so either they think they can still sell Ginter and between the wages they save and the fee they get it makes sense financially to not do both transfers for free in the summer or they feel like they have to act now, because others would interfere if he was out of contract.
In general Ginter was supposedly a team leader and Friedrich comes off as a grown man as well, so squad hierarchy could be a big consideration here and in any case Gladbach don't really rely on wonder kids as much as say Leipzig or Dortmund, it's not unusual for them to sign players who are a couple of years beyond "he's the next X" hype and thus fly a bit under the radar of the bigger clubs.
Ginter himself was such a signing, too. They picked him up for quite a bit of money, after he couldn't make it at Dortmund, same for Hofmann. Stindl was in a similar position to Friedrich as well when they signed him, a good performer, but not really considered starter material for the top clubs.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I don't think Gladbach have a spare €6m lying around at the moment, so either they think they can still sell Ginter and between the wages they save and the fee they get it makes sense financially to not do both transfers for free in the summer or they feel like they have to act now, because others would interfere if he was out of contract.
In general Ginter was supposedly a team leader and Friedrich comes off as a grown man as well, so squad hierarchy could be a big consideration here and in any case Gladbach don't really rely on wonder kids as much as say Leipzig or Dortmund, it's not unusual for them to sign players who are a couple of years beyond "he's the next X" hype and thus fly a bit under the radar of the bigger clubs.
Ginter himself was such a signing, too. They picked him up for quite a bit of money, after he couldn't make it at Dortmund, same for Hofmann. Stindl was in a similar position to Friedrich as well when they signed him, a good performer, but not really considered starter material for the top clubs.
Zakaria money maybe :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.