Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Dave has a contract until 2023, Pogba will hopefully move on a bosman, so parity with top earners can quickly change (Ronaldo aside, who also has 18 months left on his deal). Would be sensible to reign in the extravagance.

Bestietom

If the board won't back Rangnick to buy players, they should at least try and loan players. We need midfielders ASAP. and if we lose out on 4th place, it's the boards fault not the manager.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Are they unironically speaking about a 6 month loan for Guerreiro or Sandro?
Yes :lol:

Barca are delusional. "Oh we don't have any money because we've been fraudulent and reckless, but we'll take your starting left back on loan please." :lol:

Next thing we'll hear is how Sergino Dest has to leave because he's not willing to take a pay cut which is akin to supporting Franco against Catalan independence.

Though I think Juve are fed up with Sandro.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The companies I worked for all had their in-house recruitment team so you still went by the official company process. I still think footballers have it quite unique, especially at the higher end whereby they can just get existing contracts torn up and new ones handed out for more money
The power dynamic has certainly massively shifted to the individual in all industries, but I agree it's way more prevelant in football, because the transfer fees associated.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Dave has a contract until 2023, Pogba will hopefully move on a bosman, so parity with top earners can quickly change (Ronaldo aside, who also has 18 months left on his deal). Would be sensible to reign in the extravagance.
Agreed, let it naturally balance by letting the to earners go (or sign new contracts on reduced set pay)

Jacob

The wage bill when we shed;

Martial
Matic
Mata
Bailly
Pogba
Ronaldo
Lingard
Jones
Henderson
Donny
Cavani
Tuanzebe
Pereira

:drool: Deary me, that's roughly 2M per week, or 100M annually. Income ~50M

Squad for next season;

DDG, Heaton, Grant
Dalot, AWB, new RB
Varane (C), Maguire
Lindelöf, Mengi
Shaw, Telles
New DM, Fred
New CM, new CM, McTominay
Bruno, Mejbri
Sancho, Diallo
Elanga, Rashford, Shoretire
Greenwood, new ST

New RB = Lamptey (25M)
New DM = Rice (90M)
New CM = Tielemans (45M)
New CM = Haidara (20M)
New ST = Haaland (70M)

Cost ~250M

Net spend ~200M

XI:

DDG
Lamptey ----------- Lindelöf ------------ Varane ------------- Shaw
Rice -------------- Tielemans
Sancho ------------------ Bruno ------------------ Elanga
Haaland

Bench: Heaton, Greenwood, Diallo, Rashford, Fred, Maguire, Dalot, Mejbri, Haidara​

Closing FM now.

Last edited:

sparx99

The companies I worked for all had their in-house recruitment team so you still went by the official company process. I still think footballers have it quite unique, especially at the higher end whereby they can just get existing contracts torn up and new ones handed out for more money
The significant difference is the length of their deal also factors into their market value. Bruno is at a slightly odd age though where I'm not overly worried about him being 29 and having 2 years left cos he's unlikely to get a mega deal from elsewhere at 31. It's the younger lads who you don't want running down their contracts.

sparx99

Martial
Matic
Mata
Bailly
Pogba
Ronaldo
Lingard
Jones
Henderson
Donny
Cavani
Tuanzebe
Pereira

Squad for next season;

DDG, Heaton, Grant
Dalot, AWB, new RB
Varane (C), Maguire
Lindelöf, Mengi
Shaw, Telles
New DM, Fred
Bruno, Mejbri
Sancho, Diallo
Greenwood, new ST

New RB = Lamptey (25M)
New DM = Rice (90M)
New CM = Tielemans (45M)
New CM = Haidara (20M)
New ST = Haaland (70M)

Cost ~250M

Net spend ~200M

XI:

DDG
Haaland

Bench: Heaton, Greenwood, Diallo, Rashford, Fred, Maguire, Dalot, Mejbri, Haidara​

Closing FM now.
It's felt a bit grim recently with the amount of change needed but actually as optimistic as this list is it's actually not that hard to do.

Tielemans is only going to have 1 year left come the summer so should definitely be a target. I don't think we've got much hope of getting Haaland now unfortunately but maybe we could join the Vlahovic bidding. Failing that we can still keep Ronaldo but get Greenwood through the middle more often with Amad hopefully being ready for some first-team action. We could also look at Madueke for the RW or someone similar.

Lamptey is interesting. I worry about his height playing at RB and I'm not convinced that Laird isn't worth the gamble before we spend £30-40m on Lamptey. I'd also like to keep an eye on Livramento at Southampton.

Rice is a no-brainer if we can convince him but I do worry with him being a Chelsea fan and Kante not getting any younger that they'll be in the market for him this summer.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Martial
Matic
Mata
Bailly
Pogba
Ronaldo
Lingard
Jones
Henderson
Donny
Cavani
Tuanzebe
Pereira

Squad for next season;

DDG, Heaton, Grant
Dalot, AWB, new RB
Varane (C), Maguire
Lindelöf, Mengi
Shaw, Telles
New DM, Fred
Bruno, Mejbri
Sancho, Diallo
Greenwood, new ST

New RB = Lamptey (25M)
New DM = Rice (90M)
New CM = Tielemans (45M)
New CM = Haidara (20M)
New ST = Haaland (70M)

Cost ~250M

Net spend ~200M

XI:

DDG
Haaland

Closing FM now.
I love your optimism and energy but I fear you will be disappointed. Our board doesn’t roll like this.

dpansheth

I think in most industries, if you’re doing the same job as your peers and you are doing it better then you are within your rights to expect parity. If you don’t get parity despite your best efforts then it’s time to look for another job.
On it! Found out I was paid 47% less than my peers, getting an external offer and then up to both to beat.
Re Bruno, don’t think we will put him as much as DDG or Pogba. Both may leave on a free after this contract. So far what I am loving about RR is not taking any prisoners. If you want to go, be my guest approach.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

For years I’ve read how Bruno was different and would pretty much play for United for free. Not that I have an issue with him trying to get paid, but people need to acknowledge that players are first and foremost after their own interests.

macheda14

For years I’ve read how Bruno was different and would pretty much play for United for free. Not that I have an issue with him trying to get paid, but people need to acknowledge that players are first and foremost after their own interests.
Wanting parity with much of the squad rather than taking the club for ransom is different. You need to know your worth and accept nothing less.

I remember Gary Neville, who bled red more than probably any other player in our history, talking about how he didn't have an agent. All he'd do would call up the PFA ask what the equivalent players were making and ask for that. It's basically what Bruno is doing here.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
There was a lot of noise about his attitude to the club changing due to the ESL?

Definitely deserves parity with the highest earners as he's effectively carried the team since he joined.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This says nothing about Bruno’s character or motivations. It’s disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
I mean, why do you go to work?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I dunno what industries you’ve worked in but in my experience it just doesn’t work like that. You get your possible pay rise once a year and it’s based on your performance but they would have a sliding scale something like; below expectations, meets expectations and exceeds expectations then a % assigned to each. You just don’t rock up and say hey he earns 10k more than me a week, I want the same
And Bruno would be on an exceeds expectations rating for every year he's been with us so a pay raise is warranted.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This says nothing about Bruno’s character or motivations. It’s disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
I mean, why do you go to work?
It is the suggestion that other contract negotiations or disputes wouldn’t happen if it were Bruno that is silly. Him pushing for what he wants is perfectly normal and acceptable.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
And Bruno would be on an exceeds expectations rating for every year he's been with us so a pay raise is warranted.
I really do not get why Man Utd feels they need to constantly bump everyone's wages? Most midfielders go off a cliff physically at the age of thirty. It would make all the sense in the world to see where is at when he is 29 with two more years left.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Are they unironically reporting about a 6 month loan for Guerreiro or Sandro?
It's weird. They also included Alex Telles, who's our #1 left back at the moment. I think their shortlist is a little outdated or tiered in terms of the likeliness of signing a new left back.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Yes :lol:

Barca are delusional. "Oh we don't have any money because we've been fraudulent and reckless, but we'll take your starting left back on loan please." :lol:

Next thing we'll hear is how Sergino Dest has to leave because he's not willing to take a pay cut which is akin to supporting Franco against Catalan independence.

Though I think Juve are fed up with Sandro.
You should not take for granted any news that comes out. Most are fake news. And if it were true there is no problem to ask and dialogue with other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.