Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
But why would Giroud agree to this? Surely he'd get a bigger signing bonus if he were a free agent?
My guess is that this gives him both a good salary as well as job security. If he became a free agent, he may not have had enough options (only AC Milan were linked to him), and he didn't seem like the kind of guy to move out of Europe.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A Chelsea journalist has also reported on this:

This is pretty much going to happen. 25 million Pounds for a player like him is a win-win for both teams. Chelsea get a massive profit, and AC Milan get a defender that they really like for a reasonable price.

SATA

We need Milan to also spend the money on Dalot. Are they loaded this summer? Quite unheard of a Italian club to spend 25M pounds on a CB

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We extended Patrice Evra's contract, 2 months later he left.
We had a pre agreed option on him though? We just used the clause in his contract, I was the impression Giroud had no such clause in his contract.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Don't see the point in giving Mata a new contract. His minutes should be given to players like Amad or Mejbri.

Judas

Open to offers
If we give Mata a new playing contract I will be truly and utterly baffled. It's unthinkable to me. Coaching role fine, but he shouldn't be playing for us anymore.

redshaw

:lol: how's it going to look if he turns them down too. Utter shambles. What's the list so far, Rodgers, Nagelsmann, PSG (blocking Pochettino if rumours are to be believed), am I forgetting anyone? Maybe they can just give it to Mason :D
Erik ten Hag Ajax manager was another.

Widow

Release/Free Transfer:
Jacob Carney
Mark Helm
Iestyn Hughes
Joel Pereira
Arnau Puigmal
Sergio Romero
Max Taylor
Aliou Traore
Contract discussions:
Lee Grant
Juan Mata
Paul Woolston

Option Exercised:
Dermot Mee

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surely the contract with Grant can't be in a playing capacity as that would leave us with De Gea, Henderson, Heaton and Grant :lol:

(yes we all know one of De Gea and Henderson won't still be here but still)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Release/Free Transfer:
Jacob Carney
Mark Helm
Iestyn Hughes
Joel Pereira
Arnau Puigmal
Sergio Romero
Max Taylor
Aliou Traore
Contract discussions:
Lee Grant
Juan Mata
Paul Woolston

Option Exercised:
Dermot Mee
Those names make sense, but I'm surprised to see Mark Helm released. I thought he looked quite good for the U23s and deserving of at least a loan to build up value for a prospective sale. Oh well, no big deal.

The fact that we're in discussions with Grant and Mata is a major surprise. Unless we can sign them for low wages, I don't see how they can continue with the club, particularly since both have been underutilised.

James35

Surely we must move on from Mata..he is on big wages and offers very little. Amad should be getting any minutes earmarked for Mata. I hope to see both Juan and Jesse gone this summer.

Time to move forward.

bsCallout

Why on earth would Grant or Mata get a new contract?

Sure bring them on as staff but not players.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Surely we must move on from Mata..he is on big wages and offers very little. Amad should be getting any minutes earmarked for Mata. I hope to see both Juan and Jesse gone this summer.

Time to move forward.
I think it's more of a case of Mata (and Grant) are coaches but are on the playing staff just in case

diarm

Discussions with Grant suggests there may actually be some interest in De Gea.

I honestly thought we'd struggle to shift him on those wages but Grant as 3rd choice behind Henderson and Heaton makes sense.

Strats

Release/Free Transfer:
Jacob Carney
Mark Helm
Iestyn Hughes
Joel Pereira
Arnau Puigmal
Sergio Romero
Max Taylor
Aliou Traore
Contract discussions:
Lee Grant
Juan Mata
Paul Woolston

Option Exercised:
Dermot Mee
Thought Aliou Traore seemed to be a decent prospect for a while there. Shame it didn't work out.

RuudTom83

Mata's contract discussions could include a drastic pay cut and coaching role duties...new contract does not mean Ole is not going to buy a new RM.

Number32

Release/Free Transfer:
Jacob Carney
Mark Helm
Iestyn Hughes
Joel Pereira
Arnau Puigmal
Sergio Romero
Max Taylor
Aliou Traore
Contract discussions:
Lee Grant
Juan Mata
Paul Woolston

Option Exercised:
Dermot Mee
Why is it hard to release Phil Jones? Did they really think somehow he will plays football again?

NYAS

Those names make sense, but I'm surprised to see Mark Helm released. I thought he looked quite good for the U23s and deserving of at least a loan to build up value for a prospective sale. Oh well, no big deal.

The fact that we're in discussions with Grant and Mata is a major surprise. Unless we can sign them for low wages, I don't see how they can continue with the club, particularly since both have been underutilised.
According to Transfermarkt: McCann, Mellor, Mastny and Devine also have their contracts expiring at the end of the month, but they haven’t been listed in that tweet. Strange.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
According to Transfermarkt: McCann, Mellor, Mastny and Devine also have their contracts expiring at the end of the month, but they haven’t been listed in that tweet. Strange.
Oh yeah, Devine's contract was supposed to expire, too! I wonder if their contracts were automatically renewed via some option clause or something similar. Otherwise, I don't get why their names wouldn't be on the list.

NYAS

Oh yeah, Devine's contract was supposed to expire, too! I wonder if their contracts were automatically renewed via some option clause or something similar. Otherwise, I don't get why their names wouldn't be on the list.
Any info @jb8521?

Fletchageddon

Why on earth would Grant or Mata get a new contract?

Sure bring them on as staff but not players.

Dressing room influence/balance. He could be a good ally for Ole and great example for the younger heads coming through. Ole's still in got a few of Jose/LVG players hanging round and I'm sure he needs good voices in there so it doesn't fall back into the Jose days. I

Redfrog

Well the Sancho transfer is from our budget.

The other transfers (CB, CDM, RB and a cheap back-up striker) must come from player sales or swap deals (Pogba, De Gea, Martial, Lingard, Matic, Tuanzebe, Williams, A.Pereira, Dalot, Chong).
I don’t understand people wanting to sell Martial. I know he had a horrible season but he is useful and we lack players on the bench anyway ! Without Martial and Pogba it is 4 players for 3 positions in attack ! Kind of crazy !

bsCallout

Dressing room influence/balance. He could be a good ally for Ole and great example for the younger heads coming through. Ole's still in got a few of Jose/LVG players hanging round and I'm sure he needs good voices in there so it doesn't fall back into the Jose days. I
Surely they can be there in coaching roles then. Obviously we are yet to see the contract but if it's a continuation of his player contract then it is pointless now.

bsCallout

I don’t understand people wanting to sell Martial. I know he had a horrible season but he is useful and we lack players on the bench anyway ! Without Martial and Pogba it is 4 players for 3 positions in attack ! Kind of crazy !
I wish we'd had Martial in the remaining games.

Dan_F

Surely the contract with Grant can't be in a playing capacity as that would leave us with De Gea, Henderson, Heaton and Grant :lol:

(yes we all know one of De Gea and Henderson won't still be here but still)
We had basically the same situation this season with Romero here.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Sasa Lukic is a decent box-to-box midfielder. He's a pretty decent dribbler on the ball and also has a bit of creativity in him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Chelsea; i am just amazed how the feck they sell players this good. By far best club in the world in selling players. They get ridiculous fees for all nearly players
TBF those are good players who aren’t getting a chance at Chelsea due to their strength in the market. If you buy world class players then it doesn’t make sense to stock pile the talent in your youth ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.