Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Lingard isn't a superstar either. They don't have a lot of choice, by the way. They had a lot of advances rejected and Wood was straight forward with a release clause, plus they take a key player from a direct rival.
The £12m fee is only payable if they stay up, which Lingard will undoubtedly be vital to if he were to join. They would gain a lot more by staying up.
There’s definitely choice, go get Ali instead.
Meanwhile United fans will cry in their cornflakes that Lingard is still on our bench or sitting in the stands getting paid

ReSchmycling

It's against United's interests to help Newcastle stay up anyway - it'd just mean less delay before they inevitably become another major rival.

The 'survival bonus' would at least help to soften that blow a little...

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
how exactly is it crazy ?
If you don't understand how demanding more than 15 million pounds for a 6 months loan of Jesse Lingard from your bench is completely, utterly insane, I can't help you.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Chelsea typically don't hand out contracts longer than 12 months to players aged 30+ (slightly relaxed in recent times).
  • However, Chelsea aren't interested in giving Azpi a 3-year contract.
  • Barcelona are more keen on handing Azpi a 2-year contract at least.
  • Side note: more encouraging talks between Chelsea and Rüdiger over a contract extension
    • Made possible because of Real Madrid cooling their ~1 month back

golden_blunder

Staff
He's our player, we can ask whatever we want. Performance based add ons are very common in deals. Appearances, trophies, goals, all common add on fees.
All well and good if he had a longer contract than 6 months. I think we all know how this is gonna go if there’s no compromise

golden_blunder

Staff
If you don't understand how demanding more than 15 million pounds for a 6 months loan of Jesse Lingard from your bench is completely, utterly insane, I can't help you.
A portion of United fans seem to have lost their heads. Funnily it’ll be the same people complaining or blaming the player if he stays

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Newcastle are desperate and obviously have the money. Pretty reasonable request.

ReSchmycling

It's quite a unique situation though, which wouldn't apply more widely. If Lingard goes to mega-rich but relegation-battling Newcastle and has an impact similar to his loan at West Ham last season which is decisive in helping them stay up, that's worth far more than £15m to them.

Andrew7582

It's nouveau riche newcastle who are going to be a serious competitor of united in years to come, them staying up accelerates their progress to the top by a year, so united should be compensated for that.

PieCrust

United already missed the boat by not selling Lingard in the summer. It's not in our best interest to loan him to Newcastle at this moment nor to ensure he gets playing time in an effort to make the WC squad. Lingard could have pushed for a move at anytime in the last 2 years if playing was really important to him vice the wages he's been collecting instead. He's decided it's better for himself financially to stay on and be able to promote his personal brand by being attached to Manchester United. Good for him, that's obviously his right.

However, if he rots for another 6 months, so be it at this point. Lots of people defend players for stealing a living because of the contract that was offered by a club and I see no difference in United protecting their interests by not wanting to loan out a player to what will now become a direct rival in the near future. The £15M loan package being asked for is a reflection of all the above.

Devil may care

£4M off the wage bill with the Martial loan, another couple of Mil off the wage bill with Donny to Palace and possibly £15M in the kitty from this Lingard/Newcastle deal.....are we going to actually get a midfielder in or just stand holding our dick until the summer with an unnecessary obsession with Rice.

joedirt87

Take whatever Newcastle offer, maybe he helps us by stealing some points off Tottenham, West Ham, or Chelsea.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
  • Luis Díaz is not in a hurry to leave for a team like Tottenham and is waiting for a bigger club's offer.
  • He knows that he's in Liverpool's summer transfer shortlist.
  • Porto currently want the release clause paid (€80M) but are willing to negotiate in the summer.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The same people saying the Lingard/Newcastle deal is fair would be livid if United were on the other end of such a deal

Volksie316

Really disheartening to see us, so inactive with regards to incomings. Letting 2 or 3 good players go and bringing nobody in.

Yes they were not playing for us, but would rather keep them as squad players, then relying on youngsters, especially since, we still have so much, to play for.

Makes zero sense.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bentancur: Aston Villa considers spending around 20 million [Euros], but the negotiation appears very complicated

Arthur: Juve's position does not change; they're only open to an 18-month loan

Kulusevski: keep an eye on his situation and on a possible loan at the end of the window

Red_toad

The same people saying the Lingard/Newcastle deal is fair would be livid if United were on the other end of such a deal
We paid 80 million for Harry, we're used to the shitty end of the stick, no point moaning about it, pay the money or move on. Jesse is a proven premier league player and would probably do very well for Newcastle.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's no less insane than spunking £25m on Wood who wouldn't reasonably be expected to be their main man next year.

Newcastle face the potential further upside of selling the project to Lingard to entice him to stay as a permanent signing, a head start other clubs won't be able to get in the summer. Lingard is a much better talent than Wood, asking for a fee the bulk of which is only payable if they stay up is not unreasonable given they are out there hitting panic buttons and throwing money everywhere.

GwilDor

I don´t think we´re all that far apart in the Lingard-case. Everyone thinks 15mill is over the top for 6 month loan. The point is in all the details making this a special situation.
We should have sold Lingard last summer. Wether him staying was down to Ole asking him to, or him not wanting to leave i think, or a combination i don´t think we´ll ever know for sure.
Since we have an asset which we´re not really using, which will be out of contract in the summer, we´re looking to profit on it where we can. A loan would be one way to do it, a sale would be another. Specifically the report says its a loan fee of 2,5m, cover all wages, and a «survival bonus» of 12m. Say they relegate they pay 2.5m and wages, which would be fine. If they stay up, like others have said, there are decent reasons we should get quite a bit more than the 2.5m. 12m is stretching beyond reach imo, but these are negotiations with Newcastle becoming more desperate by the minute. If we end up at 2.5m + 8m bonus, i think both parties could live with that.
I´d wager if they were to offer 10m for A straight up sale, we´d take it. Problem is Lingard probably won´t commit to that with their uncertain position. If he did though, i´m sure he could negotiate a wage increase in case they stay up, and as such hog a bit of that «bonus» for himself.
As for the argument that we will be complaining when he is left at the bench when we could have shipped him to Newcastle, at the moment we´re paying his wages, and missing out on 2.5m. I wouldn´t complain if we paid that to get squad strenght, so i wouldn´t consider it a loss keeping him here tbh.

Lets find Newcastles breaking point, they should expect a premium on their prices in their situation.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Watch this. Adama Traoré takes his time and does not close his move to Tottenham because he knows perfectly well that Barça loves him, as some teammates say from Spain. Going to LaLiga is a real option, but it depends on how the Ousmane Dembélé issue ends.
This is the first time I'm seeing Adama Traoré be linked to Barcelona, though this is also the first time we're seeing something be said about the player's interests.

Teja

No wonder Lingard is livid. Crazy stuff.
??

He didn't want to sign a contract so he can get a fat sign on at the end of the year. Going into the season he was prepared to sit this season on the bench to get that fat sign on.

Now he seems like he wants it both ways.

Red_toad

??

He didn't want to sign a contract so he can get a fat sign on at the end of the year. Going into the season he was prepared to sit this season on the bench to get that fat sign on.

Now he seems like he wants it both ways.
He could always take a leaf out of Martials book and take a pay cut to push the deal through :D

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
This is the first time I'm seeing Adama Traoré be linked to Barcelona, though this is also the first time we're seeing something be said about the player's interests.
Isn't he a former player and La Masia product?

Status
Not open for further replies.