Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Real Madrid chief scout went to watch Endrick in a cup final then heading to Monaco to look at Tchouameni, who they've apparently decided will be Casemiro long term replacment.
So no Pogba then. PSG it is.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Weghorst had three good seasons for Wolfsburg, but this year he's been pretty bad, not just because of the team's performance, his finishing has also been off in terms of xG. I don't know if it's because he wanted to move during the summer, but I'd be weary to spend big on a player, who wants to sign up for relegation in a team like Burnley. In the summer he's 30 years old with 12 months left on his contract, Wolfsburg are more than willing to sell and have already bought (potential) replacements for him, it doesn't sound too ambitious if he takes the first exit to Burnley, rather than waiting another six months to join maybe a top 6 team somewhere.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Imagine your midfield is Modroc, Kroos and Casemiro and you get Pogba. What a fall!
Ah, you’re one of those. Fair enough, makes sense why you omitted Paul Pogba as a free signing from your initial list of great deals.

Santos J

Weghorst had three good seasons for Wolfsburg, but this year he's been pretty bad, not just because of the team's performance, his finishing has also been off in terms of xG. I don't know if it's because he wanted to move during the summer, but I'd be weary to spend big on a player, who wants to sign up for relegation in a team like Burnley. In the summer he's 30 years old with 12 months left on his contract, Wolfsburg are more than willing to sell and have already bought (potential) replacements for him, it doesn't sound too ambitious if he takes the first exit to Burnley, rather than waiting another six months to join maybe a top 6 team somewhere.
Tbf their 2nd choice was apparently Andy Carroll so it's still probably worth the risk to them.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Imagine your midfield is Modroc, Kroos and Casemiro and you get Pogba. What a fall!
Modric turns 37 around the time Pogba would sign and Casemiro/Kroos/Pogba actually sounds like a reasonably well rounded midfield trio, that would allow him to play to his strengths. FBref even lists Modric as a player with a similar (8th most) profile.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Ah, you’re one of those. Fair enough, makes sense why you omitted Paul Pogba as a free signing from your initial list of great deals.
I'm not a hater or anything, but you're going from what has been the best midfield in the planet to a very gifted but inconsistent footballer. I've no doubt he'll be better in a more properly functioning team.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Modric turns 37 around the time Pogba would sign and Casemiro/Kroos/Pogba actually sounds like a reasonably well rounded midfield trio, that would allow him to play to his strengths.
Was more tongue in cheek. I'm sure he'll be more consistent in a more functioning team.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Six month moan is rather the solution that has been found for Jesse Lingard

Superden

i think rangers and celtic are great options for our players to go on loan too, teams that are expected to attack and play on the front foot in front of huge crowds...

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
i think rangers and celtic are great options for our players to go on loan too, teams that are expected to attack and play on the front foot in front of huge crowds...
Yep, plus he has a couple of games against Dortmund coming up as well.

Chuffed to get the lad on loan, was wanting him as soon as I read Utd wanted to send him on loan. We have a great space for him on our right wing as well, so will get plenty of game time.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Good move
Great move. Not sure what people wouldn't be happy about? Big crowds, big expectation, European competition but still opportunity to show what he's got against slightly inferior opposition most weeks. I'll take that over Sheffield United or the likes of Pellestris situation. Could be the making of him.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He wont get consistent game time for a PL team, though arguably he still might not get that with Rangers.
I think he will. Morelos up front, with Kent, Aribo and Diallo the 3 in behind would be my guess at the setup.

We badly needed a dynamic right winger and even more so now that Hagi is out for the season. Perfect move for all parties.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
We know how this is gonna go: Burnley signs Weghorst for 20m. Bundesliga supporters applaud Wolfsburg for getting so much money for an average player. He manages to score 10 goals In England. Posters in here are outraged at yet another failed Bundesliga player.

lysglimt

Scout
Would be hilarious, my mate's a Spurs fan and he's spent the last week trying to convince me he's Robben, Yaya Toure and Bergkamp rolled into one.
You add decisions, goals and assists to Traore, and you have one hell of a player :)

lysglimt

Scout
Adama Traore 8 goals and 14 assists - in 160 matches. I am sorry - but the guy is so insanely overrated. Most good wingers/strikers produce those numbers in one season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Alternative PL options
    • Burnley (not certain if they can finance the loan deal)
    • Everton (monitoring)
    • Leicester City (monitoring)
    • Aston Villa (monitoring)
  • Juventus is one option outside of the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.