Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
From "I want to win titles with Lyon" to Newcastle :houllier: Even if they stay up, you're really taking a leap of faith that they can build a team in 2 to 3 years to compete.

JuriM

From "I want to win titles with Lyon" to Newcastle :houllier: Even if they stay up, you're really taking a leap of faith that they can build a team in 2 to 3 years to compete.
Most French clubs are financially very fragile, especially after that Covid year and league shut down. So he isn't that far off, if he does well moving on from Newcastle to top top club ain't out of question either.

bucky

This lad looks like a great player. I can't believe other clubs just seem to be letting this happen.
It's not just us or Arsenal, PSG could do with him. Should de Jong leave Barcelona, they could do with him. Bizarre from his point of view.

Red_toad

Most French clubs are financially very fragile, especially after that Covid year and league shut down. So he isn't that far off, if he does well moving on from Newcastle to top top club ain't out of question either.
Leaving the state funded clubs is only easy if you fail there. They have no need to sell good players, only way out for them is to run contract down. But could be worse could be Keane and stuck at Spuds who won't become a top top side as owners don't have pretty much unlimited funds. The Toon will be a team who really challenge for honours within the next 5 years I'd say.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
This lad looks like a great player. I can't believe other clubs just seem to be letting this happen.
Yeah, it's a strange 1. Plus Lyon seem only to willing to let him leave, usually they extract every last penny out of the buying club.

Dr. StrangeHate

You forget there is a KSA embassy in every country in the world.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
So, Oliver Kahn has confirmed that Niklas Süle won't renew his contract, meaning he will leave Bayern in the summer.

CloneMC16

Sooo, maybe he is not that great ?
I won't lie and say I've seen large amounts of him. I haven't. Only small amounts and his stats. Statistically, he looks very good. He looks like a player that would improve a lot of teams. Unless he is nowhere near as good as what his stats suggest, which seems unlikely.

I'll be interested in properly watching him now it looks like he will sign for Newcastle.

PoTMS

I don't like this at all.
I'm way out of the loop but I thought he wasn't rated that highly a few years back. I remember it around the time he revealed it was his dream to play for United. Has he improved a lot since?

passing-wind

Leaving the state funded clubs is only easy if you fail there. They have no need to sell good players, only way out for them is to run contract down. But could be worse could be Keane and stuck at Spuds who won't become a top top side as owners don't have pretty much unlimited funds. The Toon will be a team who really challenge for honours within the next 5 years I'd say.
It depends it's by no means a guarantee. The reason City have done well is more about the success in the hierarchy. They rejuvenated the facilities, youth system and everything around the footballing side of things. United a proof that quality players with no structure doesn't amount to much. It's the signings not in the public eye (first 11) that will determine if Newcastle are successful.

Crick

Been a productive window for them...
Yes, if they get Bruno G from Lyon, plus a DM and Ramsey on loan that's a top half midfield. I'd be shocked if they went down. Adding Burn, Trippier and Wood suddenly they will start to look a completely different side.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Crap...

Why would United need to look for more than £6M in total for the loan package? Do they have an offer from another team that can rival Newcastle's?
Newcastle are minted and most likely desperate for him - good work trying to snatch as much from them as possible.

Redfrog

No, you’re just taking as much money as possible.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
No, you’re just taking as much money as possible.
He'd get as much wages from any London club or United if not more. I think it's too early to put Newcastle in the "off-record payments" bracket.

Redfrog

He'd get as much wages from any London club or United if not more. I think it's too early to put Newcastle in the "off-record payments" bracket.
Probably but no one was interested right now, so he signed for the best offer available. You can’t just wait for a club that won’t maybe never come and he can even get injured and be forgotten. It can go very fast so I can understand him.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

He's worth a lot more than 10 million

EDIT: I think Newcastle have now been linked with Bissouma, Webster, Lamptey our technical director, Dan Ashworth, Sammy Seagull, the Pick N Mix Stand in the East Lower & the receptionist at the training ground

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
How much more? Always struck me as one of your weak spots.
If Tomori is moving for 25 and Ben White for 50M I'd expect at least 15 million for someone who can play comfortably at premiership level both at CB and LB eother in a back 3 or back 4.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If Tomori is moving for 25 and Ben White for 50M I'd expect at least 15 million for someone who can play comfortably at premiership level both at CB and LB eother in a back 3 or back 4.
15m is reasonable. The way you said a lot more made me think you were expecting 30m... :lol:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
15m is reasonable. The way you said a lot more made me think you were expecting 30m... :lol:
I might have been a bit over the top with alot more! But he's a much better player than people give him credit for and I am very glad to see we are turning down a cheeky 10M with no hesitation.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
They also tweeted this:

They were denying media reports about Ferland Mendy's transfer 8 days before he was signed by Madrid.
Maybe not as strongly but they also denied Ndombele and Lacazette deals, days before it was made official. Aulas is a weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.