Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
yeeey
Very important summer, we need a minimum of 2 midfielders clearly, with both being starting 11 players.
We're also going to need a number 9 and looks like we need at least one fullback.... probably 2....

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think we need bare minimum of 2 midfielders in the summer, a DM and a Pogba replacement. Could even argue we need another on top of that.
For me, it depends what our plans are for Garner and Mejbri. I think Galbraith goes out on loan again, so not in my thinking, but those two need a path to the first team or we may as well just sell them.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC

Absolutely gutted by this, but completely expected. Dan Ashworth was a huge part of the current successful build of Brighton. He will do well at Newcastle sadly.
One down, one to go as far as I’m concerned!

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

I don't even know what to say or feel :lol: :nervous::mad:

Sorry, forgot translation:
Rumour has it that Niklas Süle, who will leave Bayern on a free transfer in the summer, has decided to join BVB.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sorry for my ignorance - is this a really big deal over in Germany?

Is it similar to United signing RVP from Arsenal? That kind of level?
Well it's not something that is seen as a shift in the balance of power or something like that (if RVP from a to m was seen as such). Just all around flabbergasting, due to the overwhelming logical conflicts involved.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is this a legitimate account? There’s nothing on Luckhurst’s Twitter page or his articles today. Surely this would be big news and he’d be calling it a huge exclusive?
That snippet's from this article:

I wouldn't have found that, either, unless I went through all of his articles from today. That's why I want to see the sources accompany the aggregator Tweets (the only exception is quotes from TV shows that typically don't have their clips posted). Summary:
  • United wanted to recall him in January but decided to keep him at Forest for regular first-team football.
  • Doubts over Donny's long-term future
  • Nemanja Matic's contract expires in 2023.
  • Declan Rice is liked by United and vice versa, but West Ham can price him out of a move.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Well it's not something that is seen as a shift in the balance of power or something like that (if RVP from a to m was seen as such). Just all around flabbergasting, due to the overwhelming logical conflicts involved.
Interesting.

I would be curious to understand his reasoning for making the switch, but fair play to Dortmund for pulling this one off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More info on Süle and the unexpected nature of this transfer:

Plettenberg even talked about how Man. United would be a likelier destination for Süle than Chelsea.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Samuel Luckhurst retweeted this:
Flamengo and Manchester United reach an agreement for Andreas Pereira: 12 million Pounds + bonus for 75% of the rights.

To leave here also the position of the club: Flamengo contacted me to deny the values reported here. I'll release the full article soon.
Basically, Manchester United will have a sell-on clause worth 25% of the next transfer fee on top of the fee + bonuses.

EDIT: In English

EDIT 2: Updated with further clarification from Caldeira. If nothing else, this seems to indicate that Flamengo are close to sealing the deal for Pereira.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Basically, Manchester United will have a sell-on clause worth 25% of the next transfer fee on top of the fee + bonuses.

EDIT 2: Updated with further clarification from Caldeira. If nothing else, this seems to indicate that Flamengo are close to sealing the deal for Pereira.
Good news for everyone involved. I was critical of our tactics on this one in recent weeks but I think this is a decent compromise.

ti vu

Think we need bare minimum of 2 midfielders in the summer, a DM and a Pogba replacement. Could even argue we need another on top of that.
Or we give our young promising midfielder from the youth set up a chance, and only need one pivot. We also have VDB coming back. What we're missing is a pivot to complete the team. Pogba role as no8, have have plenty in number, and in potential.

ti vu

Good deal that especially the 25% sell on.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Or we give our young promising midfielder from the youth set up a chance, and only need one pivot. We also have VDB coming back. What we're missing is a pivot to complete the team. Pogba role as no8, have have plenty in number, and in potential.
I don't really agree with any of that. Hannibal Mejbri is the only one who's got even a remotely similar skill set to Pogba and he's had limited first team football, so it'd be a huge gamble to stick him in the side and tell him to replace Pogba, I also think it's a bit unfair to saddle him with that level of responsibility at 19. Van de Beek's not an option for us in midfield and hasn't been under 3 managers, I'd be surprised if he didn't try force a move in summer. We don't really have plenty of young, quality 8s. We have Mejbri in the U23s and Mainoo in the 18s, Gabraith and Levitt are decent but just aren't going to be good enough next season to pick up Pogba's slack and Garner's been primarily deployed as a #6 at Forrest.

You can't just not replace your best midfielder, especially when you've only signed 2 actual CMs in 5 years. We simply have to replace Pogba with someone who's going to be a very good option immediately, or else you're looking at another written off season.

ti vu

I don't really agree with any of that. Hannibal Mejbri is the only one who's got even a remotely similar skill set to Pogba and he's had limited first team football, so it'd be a huge gamble to stick him in the side and tell him to replace Pogba, I also think it's a bit unfair to saddle him with that level of responsibility at 19. Van de Beek's not an option for us in midfield and hasn't been under 3 managers, I'd be surprised if he didn't try force a move in summer. We don't really have plenty of young, quality 8s. We have Mejbri in the U23s and Mainoo in the 18s, Gabraith and Levitt are decent but just aren't going to be good enough next season to pick up Pogba's slack and Garner's been primarily deployed as a #6 at Forrest.

You can't just not replace your best midfielder, especially when you've only signed 2 actual CMs in 5 years. We simply have to replace Pogba with someone who's going to be a very good option immediately, or else you're looking at another written off season.
Fred and McTominay are defensive version in Pogba position. They're forcing us into double pivot system as sole pivot, they failed that role and systematically fail the team. Bruno played similar role to young Pogba's role with Pirlo and Vidal.

As later tweet suggested, Garner is planned to be included in first team next season.

There is a reason the management doesn't want a purchase option for VdB loan. We can't use him now as he's more suitable for a midfield 3 and we're stuck with double pivot now. We need that sole pivot player badly, then it opens up many different tactical options. That would bring reemergence for players that seem to be surplus previous. Elevating the team (midfield) as an unit over quality of individual players. Wjinaldum, Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Ox... were not greater individually than Pogba, but as an unit at one time they were one of the best. I doubt we have enough fund to future proof an area right now (losing Pogba asset on accounting paper is a huge loss). The goal should be complete the team, and make the most out of it functional wise.

You can see how Dalot and Dalot turn of fortune with a system change. Changing midfield, one of the spine of the team, is more complicated, and we're missing one right personnel for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.