Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

No matter who the manager is we need to strengthen in several areas of the team.
I can't see Glazers putting up 500million for 5/6 Top players which is what we will need to challenge City, Liverpool and Chelsea for honours next season.

CB
RB
LB
CDM
Box to Box Midfielder
CF

Matic, Mata, Pogba, Lingard, Out
Bailly, Jones Out
Telles, AWB Out
Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Ronaldo, Out

That's 12 players out with only 6 in. Can you really see a big lay out on 6 players this summer. Prepare for the wool over our eyes again.

MUFC OK

Would love him at OT. Good replacement if Pogba goes. He's still only 24 :eek:

K Stand Knut

Far too logical.
I don’t think it’s logical at all.
Easy get-out, yes. Neither logical, nor solves our problems.

Admittedly for the price quoted, it’s a good idea but he’s not that great. Blows too hot and then too cold!!

Got to be better options

jesperjaap

The fans should care what the players want. Not like we're going to sell 11 players and buy a new starting 11. Try living in the real world.
Maybe because the real world reality is none of them are performing under several managers and have pretty much got several sacked. The only thing far more than 10 want, is moving on (and a lot of them by there own choice too) Seriously do you give a toss what some of these piss poor multi millionaires undeserving of our shirt want?

JB7

I don’t think it’s logical at all.
Easy get-out, yes. Neither logical, nor solves our problems.

Admittedly for the price quoted, it’s a good idea but he’s not that great. Blows too hot and then too cold!!

Got to be better options
Do you not think? I'm not suggesting he's the answer in terms of holding midfield because he isn't and obviously should not be signed instead of one but if we are building towards a 4-3-3 as Ralf is doing and I don't think that is an outrageous thought given both of the two current favourites for the permenant role employ not dissimilar systems then he's a viable alternative to Pogba given he is expected to leave the club. I appreciate he blows hot and cold and given I tend to base a lot of judgements when I've seen players live rather than on TV, I may be skewed slightly as he's generally been very good when I have seen him, additionally he plays in a team that almost to a man blow hot and cold so I don't think it's fair to hold that against him too strongly. He is at an age where the inconsistency should be beginning to lift given his age and price, it would represent good business in my view.

yamo123x

Tielemaans has been very hot and cold this season. He is not a DM and not really a playmaker. If Leicester prepared to cash in, it might be a sign of a decline despite his contract expiring in 2023. Leicster fans i know are cool on him, he scores a few goals, and can be matchwinner on his day but value Ndidi and Maddison much higher.

The midfielder we need above all else is Rice, at whatever the price.

If Pogba goes, we should sign Neves or Jacob Ramsay .Might cost us 160 million but Rice with one of these 2 signings would help knit everything together.

We also need a centre forward if Greenwood issue doesnt resolve itself.I cant see Haaland happening personally , but Isaak or Nkunku are possible. Hopefully not Kane.

Time then to invest in our youth, Menghi, Garner, Mjebri Laird, Iqbal and Elanga take the squad places of Lingard, Martial, Matic, Mata, AWB and Jones.

K Stand Knut

Do you not think? I'm not suggesting he's the answer in terms of holding midfield because he isn't and obviously should not be signed instead of one but if we are building towards a 4-3-3 as Ralf is doing and I don't think that is an outrageous thought given both of the two current favourites for the permenant role employ not dissimilar systems then he's a viable alternative to Pogba given he is expected to leave the club. I appreciate he blows hot and cold and given I tend to base a lot of judgements when I've seen players live rather than on TV, I may be skewed slightly as he's generally been very good when I have seen him, additionally he plays in a team that almost to a man blow hot and cold so I don't think it's fair to hold that against him too strongly. He is at an age where the inconsistency should be beginning to lift given his age and price, it would represent good business in my view.
very fair points but I just don’t think he improves us particularly.

He’d be a squad player and we would have to think that the money might not be best spent on a squad player

GBBQ

Real Madrid are also interested in Pochettino. Also, Poch's attributes that appeal to the players:
  • Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
Rangnick is a big admirer of Erik ten Hag, which makes him a solid favourite alongside Poch.

EDIT: Free article with similar info:
I really hope the majority of players have zero say in who the next manager should be.

Devil may care

Real Madrid are also interested in Pochettino. Also, Poch's attributes that appeal to the players:
  • Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
Rangnick is a big admirer of Erik ten Hag, which makes him a solid favourite alongside Poch.

EDIT: Free article with similar info:
The "man-management" one translates to protection and soft, which suits the set of wet sponges we have, and by style of play I'm guessing the fact Pochettino is basic as feck compared to Ten Hag will also suit a bunch of the lazy brained stragglers at the club, anything this bunch want should be ignored, half of them need to be fecked off anyway, let Rangnick finally get us a progressive coach, not another journeyman yes man puppet for the board and players.

Devil may care

Big question mark over his mentality which we are seeing as a problem for players currently at the club, Leicester need him in their top 4 challenge and he's just wilted, feck knows how he'd cope with the scrutiny at United.

Red_toad

Maybe because the real world reality is none of them are performing under several managers and have pretty much got several sacked. The only thing far more than 10 want, is moving on (and a lot of them by there own choice too) Seriously do you give a toss what some of these piss poor multi millionaires undeserving of our shirt want?
They’re all investments to the owners. They need a manager to get the best out of them, as selling them on the wages they’re on will be incredibly hard. So your real world reality is flawed and doesn’t reflect how things actually work. Players rebelled against Jose, he got the sack, downed tools for Ole and he got the sack. Getting someone in who they have some commitment to is a good start. Poch is a good manager and does improve players, work within a budget and develops youth players.
What I give a toss about isn’t relevant, I have no controlling say within the club.

Red_toad

He’s a bit meh in my book. Has good games, but isn‘t consistent. No idea where he’d fit I’m either as won’t replace either of McFred. 40 million with 1 year left is very steep as well.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The "man-management" one translates to protection and soft, which suits the set of wet sponges we have, and by style of play I'm guessing the fact Pochettino is basic as feck compared to Ten Hag will also suit a bunch of the lazy brained stragglers at the club, anything this bunch want should be ignored, half of them need to be fecked off anyway, let Rangnick finally get us a progressive coach, not another journeyman yes man puppet for the board and players.
Basic? Go back and watch how well his Spurs and even Southampton teams performed. What makes Ten Hag football more complex? These players should hate the thought of Poch because he'll have them running harder than they've ever run before. We saw that experiment go up in smoke pretty quickly under Rangnick already, so why they think Poch is a good idea is pretty crazy to me.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
No matter who the manager is we need to strengthen in several areas of the team.
I can't see Glazers putting up 500million for 5/6 Top players which is what we will need to challenge City, Liverpool and Chelsea for honours next season.

CB
RB
LB
CDM
Box to Box Midfielder
CF

Bailly, Jones Out
Telles, AWB Out

That's 12 players out with only 6 in. Can you really see a big lay out on 6 players this summer. Prepare for the wool over our eyes again.
How much money do you think United will have this summer for signings?

Adnan

Talent Spotter

CB
RB
LB
CDM
Box to Box Midfielder
CF

Bailly, Jones Out
Telles, AWB Out

Do we need a big lay out? And can we fill some of the roles you think need filling by bringing through one or two youngsters? I think we could mate, and it would be a more sensible and measured approach imo.

roseguy64

Do we need a big lay out? And can we fill some of the roles you think need filling by bringing through one or two youngsters? I think we could mate, and it would be a more sensible and measured approach imo.
I always cringe when people make those posts about needing 6/7 players in and 10 out. Never gonna happen. At most, it's gonna be 3 or 4 transfers in for the first team with a similar or slightly higher number leaving. The youth players being promoted making up the difference.

Devil may care

Basic? Go back and watch how well his Spurs and even Southampton teams performed. What makes Ten Hag football more complex? These players should hate the thought of Poch because he'll have them running harder than they've ever run before. We saw that experiment go up in smoke pretty quickly under Rangnick already, so why they think Poch is a good idea is pretty crazy to me.
Yes, his football is basic, it doesn't feature the transitions, patterns of play, interplay and guile of managers like Ten Hag and Nagelsmann who are in the mold of Pep, instead there's lots of pressing in Pochettino's football but just geared to forcing the counter attack turnover, it's simple shit, not dominating and slick to watch, plus like I said he's also a personality free puppet, this team needs real change and some of these brainless players we have need weeding out by a progressive coach who demands players that can play how he wants, not ones that require a mollycoddling, dumbed down approach so they can cope.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Mundo Deportivo

Real Sociedad sporting director Roberto Olabe's comments on the Isak links:
  • No approach for Isak despite Arsenal's interest
  • Isak remains calm and focused despite his recent dip in form

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

CB
RB
LB
CDM
Box to Box Midfielder
CF

Bailly, Jones Out
Telles, AWB Out

Telles and AWB out? Really?

Also name me one club that has bought almost an entire first 11 in one transfer window.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The key info:

The remainder:
  • Laporta has already held multiple meetings with Raiola over Haaland.
  • Laporta will explore other star striker options in case Barcelona can't get Haaland.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Marca (Luis F. Rojo)
  • Liverpool and PSG are in competition with Barcelona for his signature.
  • Kessié is open to moving to Barcelona but has yet to make his final decision.
  • Kessié is stalling over accepting a contract extension from AC Milan.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

RN portray Dortmund's perspective on the recent Akanji links.
  • Dortmund are open to putting Akanji up for sale if the player wants to leave this year.
  • Akanji will enter his final year next season and has also rejected Dortmund's first extension offer.
  • RN think that €30m will be enough for Akanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.