Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparx99

Not too bothered, but it will be how long for. Henderson has shown he is a bit of a whiner, so they need to make sure his successor is ready to come in. It is not Tom Heaton or Lee Grant. Do we have a young goalie already in our club who they can groom to be that follow on goalkeeper?
Why bother? Just buy one when we need to. What we actually need is a solid veteran backup to do the role Romero was happy doing. Heaton seems fine in that regard for a couple of years.

How many young GK's actually come through and establish themselves at top clubs?

Joe Hart did before falling off a cliff and Iker Casillas did. Neuer was bought by Bayern, Buffon was bought by Juventus, Ter Stegen was bought by Barca etc etc.

It's mostly too risky for big clubs to use promising young GK's so they go away and establish themselves at mid-table clubs and get bought when they've shown they're ready.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Why bother? Just buy one when we need to. What we actually need is a solid veteran backup to do the role Romero was happy doing. Heaton seems fine in that regard for a couple of years.

How many young GK's actually come through and establish themselves at top clubs?

Joe Hart did before falling off a cliff and Iker Casillas did. Neuer was bought by Bayern, Buffon was bought by Juventus, Ter Stegen was bought by Barca etc etc.

It's mostly too risky for big clubs to use promising young GK's so they go away and establish themselves at mid-table clubs and get bought when they've shown they're ready.
De Gea was a kid when we bought him. He took a little while to settle but has given us good service.

stevoc

It isn't half bad of an appointment considering our previous track record.
He isn't a bad manager in fact he's a good one but in my opinion that's about it. He'll get us regularly finishing 3rd or 4th while playing ok football but not much more.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He isn't a bad manager in fact he's a good one but in my opinion that's about it. He'll get us regularly finishing 3rd or 4th while playing ok football but not much more.
He took SPURS to a CL final and a PL challenge. Don’t under estimate the value of experience. I’d take that rather than battling for the EL every other season.

stevoc

He took SPURS to a CL final and a PL challenge. Don’t under estimate the value of experience. I’d take that rather than battling for the EL every other season.
Challenge is maybe a stretch and United came 2nd and got to a European final last season. Yeah sure it's better than the shite we've been subjected to this season but I was hoping for something more than just coming 2nd sometimes with a new permanent manager.

Crick

Yes, probably but we will most likely spend this on 2 players, which would be wasteful again.
Agreed. If it's Poch, it will be Rice and Kane. We will offer 100 for Kane and 75 for Rice max. Both will be very tough negotiations and will happen late in the window. The most likely will be Rice due to Levy being so difficult. However I doubt we will get either and it will be a dreadful start for Poch. As time goes on in the window I think we will try to resign the out of contract players as we scramble with what to do.

This is one the big reasons I don't want Poch and would rather we went for Ten Hag or to wait until December for Enrique. We need a new direction away from brand name players with massive salaries and to create a functioning team with a strong manager who plays great football. We would get that with Ten Hag and Enrique but would need 5-6 players in 2022 and 5-6 more in 2022. We won't win the Champions League or the Prem with Poch, we might with the ETH or Enrique.

The board will favour Poch as it means less churn of players and more of a yes man. Their favourite type of appointment.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Challenge is maybe a stretch and United came 2nd and got to a European final last season. Yeah sure it's better than the shite we've been subjected to this season but I was hoping for something more than just coming 2nd sometimes with a new permanent manager.
Maybe with more of a net spend budget Poch can go to better levels. Who knows to be honest. He's a good manager though, that's beyond any reasonable doubt.

red_de_pologne

this is such a United thing to do it'll surely happen, get Poch who will have been sacked twice by then and blow our budget on Kane who won't help us go forward at all.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I can’t help but think Kane has already peaked. Injuries have had their toll. Still a good goal scorer but the money required would be silly

Anustart89

I can’t help but think Kane has already peaked. Injuries have had their toll. Still a good goal scorer but the money required would be silly
Yup. And come September 1st we’ll all be screaming in the “how do we solve our midfield problem” thread. Sounds very much like something our board would do. Hopefully things are going to be a little bit different now that Woodward’s gone seeing as he seemed to be one of those who fancied going for big names.

Herman Toothrot

Don't really get the Poch hate. I thought he was excellent at Spurs and getting rid of him was the worst mistake they've ever made.

I'm not sure how many of the Ten Hag fans have actually seen Ajax play. Along with Luis Enrique, we're linked with the three best possible names we can realistically get.

BlahRules

I'm sick and tired of seeing the need for a striker when we need midfielders and proper right-winger.

All I've been hearing is if we get a world-class striker we will win the league or challenge for the title when it's obvious that we can't even control a midfield and are always being overrun by every EPL midfield.

I'm sick of this club only thinking about buying players just to get shirt sales up. When are we going to be serious and start buying players that actually only cares about playing football.

Harry feck Kane will not do anything with us and we will just get fourth at best again.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm sick and tired of seeing the need for a striker when we need midfielders and proper right-winger.

All I've been hearing is if we get a world-class striker we will win the league or challenge for the title when it's obvious that we can't even control a midfield and are always being overrun by every EPL midfield.

I'm sick of this club only thinking about buying players just to get shirt sales up. When are we going to be serious and start buying players that actually only cares about playing football.

Harry feck Kane will not do anything with us and we will just get fourth at best again.
To be fair we could be very short of strikers come summer. Just I don't want us spending all our budget on one player.

BlackShark_80

Real Madrid have told Haaland they won't be able to sign him this summer. They want him to stay at Dortmund for another season before moving to Madrid in 2023.

James35

Kane would be better off staying at Spurs than come to us anyway as both clubs have pretty equal ability in regards to winning feck all. Unless a pay rise is all he wants, stay put.

More importantly though we need some bloody midfielders and Kane would cost a shit tonne.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
What's Kane been like this season ?
Outside of this disastrous United campaign my interest in football is at a all-time low.

captaincantona

Harry Kane is a Sanchez waiting to happen...even without the attitude issue he is on the decline...would be such an infuriating signing. I don’t think I could be any less excited about a brand new manager and striker combo then I would be about Poch and Kane.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I don’t think Kane is right for us anymore but we do need a striker as well. Cavani, martial, Greenwood. All gone ir going. Ronaldo making noises to go.

that leaves us with Rashford. Still think we don’t need one?

I’m not discounting the other needs, they are needed too

stevoc

Maybe with more of a net spend budget Poch can go to better levels. Who knows to be honest. He's a good manager though, that's beyond any reasonable doubt.
He is a good manager though I fear that's all he is.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I would gladly trade Lukaku for Kane. I would gladly trade Lukaku for Giroud. I would gladly trade Lukaku for a pack of gum.

Status
Not open for further replies.