Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wait, that quickly?! Dang, that came out of nowhere. What happened to Süle and his desire for a new experience outside of Germany?
From what I've read in the past 24 hours Dortmund contacted him in December, while he was still waiting for an offer from Bayern and he made up his mind before Christmas, they just didn't want to announce it so early and wouldn't have done it yesterday either, if it didn't leak already via the press. In his statement he said that they made him feel valued as a player and person, so I guess he's genuinely upset at Bayern's management.

There were reports that he's opened up a bar with his brother in Frankfurt (where they grew up) and wasn't so keen to play abroad anymore, which fits with this claim:

The perfect offer from abroad didn't materialize, so he rather stayed in Germany and signed for Dortmund.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
From what I've read in the past 24 hours Dortmund contacted him in December, while he was still waiting for an offer from Bayern and he made up his mind before Christmas, they just didn't want to announce it so early and wouldn't have done it yesterday either, if it didn't leak already via the press. In his statement he said that they made him feel valued as a player and person, so I guess he's genuinely upset at Bayern's management.

There were reports that he's opened up a bar with his brother in Frankfurt (where they grew up) and wasn't so keen to play abroad anymore, which fits with this claim:

The perfect offer from abroad didn't materialize, so he rather stayed in Germany and signed for Dortmund.
15 million per year is a huge amount, so I'm not surprised that none of the big clubs have offered that at this time. He definitely seemed keen on playing for a new team, so Dortmund would've been his best option in that case.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I really, really rate Akanji, admittedly my track record is patchy at best though.
He started out well at Dortmund, then he had a hip injury and after his return he was absolutely horrible, probably one howler per game on average for a few months. But he's been consistently good for about 12 to 18 months now. And I'd say he has quite a complete profile, maybe he could be a tad more physically imposing.

On his current form he'd be a good signing, though the bad period I mentioned makes me wonder how he would deal with the pressure of having to earn his spot against someone like Varane and the captain.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He started out well at Dortmund, then he had a hip injury and after his return he was absolutely horrible. But he's been consistently good for about 12 to 18 months now. And I'd say he has quite a complete and modern profile, maybe he could be a tad more physically imposing.

On his current form he'd be a good signing, though the bad period I mentioned makes me wonder how he would deal with the pressure of having to earn his spot against someone like Varane and the captain.
He actually caught my eye during my attempt to scout Sancho a few years ago. You'd sort of hope the pressure would be more on Maguire/Lindelof to keep their places, rather than Akanji to win his.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He actually caught my eye during my attempt to scout Sancho a few years ago. You'd sort of hope the pressure would be more on Maguire/Lindelof to keep their places, rather than Akanji to win his.
I think when you have to displace the captain there will always be a lot of pressure to not make any mistake.
And for him personally that will be a particularly big change, because Dortmund never bought another natural right sided CB, nor someone else athletic enough to partner Hummels, so he never really had to fear for his spot, even when he was a complete liability for a long period.
I don't know him personally of course so I have no idea how well he would deal with that, it's just a risk to consider.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The relationship between Leonardo and Paquetá is special. He was the sports director who brought the Brazilian to Europe, at the time of Milan. And Leo, now at PSG, considers Lucas one of the priorities for next season, as @lequipe explains.
Source:
Transfers: Mbappé, Haaland, Pogba, Paqueta, Di Maria...PSG's plans this summer

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More from that same article:

• PSG remain hopeful of renewing Mbappé's contract.
  • Haaland is supposed to replace Mbappé should the contract not be renewed.
    • Talks between Nasser al-Khelaifi and Mino Raiola have already taken place.
  • Leonardo is a fan of Paquetá and is keen on signing him.
  • PSG remain interested in Pogba.
  • Because of the potential new arrivals, PSG are not so keen on keeping Di Maria despite the player wanting to continue with PSG.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Full Gerrard quotes:
It was well documented that we put in a bid for Bissouma at Brighton which was turned away, and we respected and appreciated that. If a move is not right then we will not become desperate and make decisions that we do not think is right. If it's not right at the time we might have to be patient in a few situations.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Also, a couple of decent players move to Turkey on loan until the end of the season. First, Pizzi from Benfica, and then Trezeguet from Aston Villa.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Real Madrid are also interested in Pochettino. Also, Poch's attributes that appeal to the players:
  • Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
Rangnick is a big admirer of Erik ten Hag, which makes him a solid favourite alongside Poch.

EDIT: Free article with similar info:

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Real Madrid are also interested in Pochettino. Also, Poch's attributes that appeal to the players:
  • Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
Rangnick is a big admirer of Erik ten Hag, which makes him a solid favourite alongside Poch.
He's missing the single most important aspect of being a United manager and that's being a winner, it's harsh but that should immediately disqualify him (and any other candidate, for that matter) from the United job.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

• Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
Because that's what's most important.

ti vu

• Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
If Ragnick wants ETH, then more motivation to go all out for him.

Real Madrid is welcomed to have Poch before us. He needs to learn to take on expectation head on. I am sick of his downplaying lowering expectation approach of permanent manager.

JB7

• Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
I'm past caring what the players want to be honest. If the club do their due diligence and decide Poch is the best candidate then fine but frankly what the players want shouldn't enter into anyones thinking.

jesperjaap

• Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
Who cares what the players want, almost ohalf the squad arent worthy of the shirt and never have been

saivet

• Man-management skills
  • Hands-on coaching
  • Player development
  • Style of play
  • PL experience
Good for them, it makes sense that they would prefer him due to their familiarity but I hope it has no impact on who we actually chose.

Red_toad

Who cares what the players want, almost ohalf the squad arent worthy of the shirt and never have been
The fans should care what the players want. Not like we're going to sell 11 players and buy a new starting 11. Try living in the real world.

ti vu

Wouldn't we all like to choose our boss
The truth is we want to be the chooser, the boss. Title is only for show to hide the ugly truth.

So no. Players shouldn't be the one making this choice. They're professionals. Like it or not, you have to work with whoever the boss is. If not, you would have to leave.

Once the players make the choice, they're empowered to own that dressing room, become back seat driving bosses on their own.

They can make choices once they become managers.

CallyRed

The truth is we want to be the chooser, the boss. Title is only for show to hide the ugly truth.

So no. Players shouldn't be the one making this choice. They're professionals. Like it or not, you have to work with whoever the boss is. If not, you would have to leave.

Once the players make the choice, they're empowered to own that dressing room, become back seat driving bosses on their own.

They can make choices once they become managers.
Don't think the fans would be good at choosing the boss either

ti vu

Don't think the fans would be good at choosing the boss either
I meant human nature. Employee, footballer...

Fan base is too big, but you can't say there are no people that can pick a good manager. They're not in position to do so.

Just that players shouldn't be the one picking their direct boss. It blurs that invisible line of authority. The board have to work for their salary. They shouldn't let players influence their decision given that at our current level.

The day you and your coworker can pick your boss, you should walk out of the job, or nominate yourself because it's the sign of broken working environment. Everyone for themselves and not pulling in same direction.

Red_toad

I meant human nature. Employee, footballer...

Fan base is too big, but you can't say there are no people that can pick a good manager. They're not in position to do so.

Just that players shouldn't be the one picking their direct boss. It blurs that invisible line of authority. The board have to work for their salary. They shouldn't let players influence their decision given that at our current level.

The day you and your coworker can pick your boss, you should walk out of the job, or nominate yourself because it's the sign of broken working environment. Everyone for themselves and not pulling in same direction.
Problem we have now is fans put themselves firmly in a pro or anti stance on any appointment. I'm very much open to the names that have been mentioned. As long as it's not someone like Ole, who I never wanted as I knew how it'd end. All the managers we're being linked to are experienced, have a decent brand of football and not past their use by date. We're just going to have months of fans moaning if they don't who they want, I'd much rather it wasn't that way.

ti vu

Problem we have now is fans put themselves firmly in a pro or anti stance on any appointment. I'm very much open to the names that have been mentioned. As long as it's not someone like Ole, who I never wanted as I knew how it'd end. All the managers we're being linked to are experienced, have a decent brand of football and not past their use by date. We're just going to have months of fans moaning if they don't who they want, I'd much rather it wasn't that way.
I am with similar stances.

My issue is briefing like this where it implies that players are given the power to influence manager appointment. Which is wrong IMO. Keep it between the board members, and do the whole assessing process properly. Anounce the decision when it's ready. No bullshit test the water, and popularity contest lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.