Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal

If AWB was playing in France, with a YouTube video full of spider tackles you’d all be in creamyourself mode.
Now can we stop with the ridiculous degrading. He’s a good defensive right back who doesn’t fit in here because we need more from him attacking wise.
i also feel slightly sorry for him that he hasn’t progressed defensively because who’s he got to learn from? Bunch of clowns
If he’d come into the side with Bruce, Pallister, Irwin etc his defensive weaknesses would have been ironed out and like Neville he could have worked on crossing.
But in this squad where he’s got Lindelof, maguire, telles to learn from.. not a chance.
he’d benefit from a less intense environment than OT with people who can give him the 1 to 1 guidance he needs
How on earth did you come to these conclusions ? The guy is not good defensively. Period. Bad positioning , bad awareness , bad at heading , gets caught sleeping all the time, jogs back whist defending. A really passive defender who has just one redeeming feature.

Also, One of the most technically deficient first team players to play for united. Can’t pass, can’t shoot, can’t cross, can’t control a football. He make Smalling look like Iniesta when passing a ball and you say he would come into the united side of 90’s.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How on earth did you come to these conclusions ? The guy is not good defensively. Period. Bad positioning , bad awareness , bad at heading , gets caught sleeping all the time, jogs back whist defending. A really passive defender who has just one redeeming feature.

Also, One of the most technically deficient first team players to play for united. Can’t pass, can’t shoot, can’t cross, can’t control a football. He make Smalling look like Iniesta when passing a ball and you say he would come into the united side of 90’s.
Because you don't judge a player's ability based on their worst form when they are low on confidence.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sure we paid 50m for him just for the craic
(Overpriced? Yes. Worst player ever? No)
Now take it to the appropriate thread please we’re derailing all the juicy transfer talks

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Been looking into Phillips a bit more last two days, his injury record in the PL
and his better performances for England and his club are classic signs
of a bad old regime United transfer. I wouldnt mind him here as a squad option but
not for the money quoted and only if ETH wants him here.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Sure we paid 50m for him just for the craic
(Overpriced? Yes. Worst player ever? No)
Now take it to the appropriate thread please we’re derailing all the juicy transfer talks
He isnt worth more than £30M but, this is why we need someone who knows what they are doing like a Mitchell
to be in charge of transfers. Phillips like McTominay should be a Nicky Butt option in our squad.

bosskeano

"protecting the value" Woodward should be in prison for crimes against Man United
that's business he's a business man and not an actual sporting director and it was always about the money....what the dumbass never could learn/understand is that you don't get resale value when you allow them to age beyond a selling point where you can actually sell them

sparx99

He would be far from my first pick but he's a much better passer than those two and has better positional sense.
It reminds me of when we loaned out Smalling and signed Maguire. In no way was Maguire an £80m player let alone an £80m upgrade on Smalling. At the time I thought Maguire was probably a better player but not by much.

Similarly, Phillips is maybe better slightly in areas than Fred or McTominay but for the kind of outlay being mooted its simply not worth the cost. Frenkie De Jong, Tchouameni, Rice would all be meaningful upgrades in central midfield no matter their eventual cost. I just don't think Phillips is worth it unless you are talking £15-20m.

The interesting options to me are Tielemans and Neves. Both are seemingly available for £25-40m with Tielemans in his last year and Neves pushing for a move. While not in that top tier of central midfielders they both offer passing in central midfield that we lack.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Palace can pay up. They held out for an outrageous fee. The least they can do is pay a chunk of it back. We should flat out refuse to loan him there.
Yup, pretty sure they demanded the whole thing up front too (like Leicester with Maguire).

Any premier league side wanting a loan for an established player can feck right off as far as I'm concerned, acting like they can't rub two pennies together.

Kramer

What’s worse than letting an investment banker run a football club?

Letting an incompetent investment banker run it.

Surely he must have understood the basics of sunk cost and the fact that most of these so called assets have very little redeeming value.

But no. Here we are in 2022 with the likes of Andreas P. And Phil Jones still on our books.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
"protecting the value" Woodward should be in prison for crimes against Man United
Literally, the most inept and incompetent person we’ve had at the club. Shambolic that he was there for 9 years. You can almost single handedly place our abysmal situation squarely on his head. Prick.

Nick.

Mino Raiola has fallen ill and is in critical condition.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
There goes the last thread of hope I was hanging onto. Two more years was bad enough, but 4 is enough time for him to oversee the chaging of the guard in full to a new annoyingly good team with an average age about 5 years lower. FFS

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Aurélien Tchouaméni topic: the Premier League is gaining momentum. And as @AS_SergioSantos states 'in no case will Madrid enter an off-market bid' [i.e. if the price isn't too high for Madrid].
More from Sergio Santos:
In the planning of the next season it is not foreseen to make a great economic effort in the midfield.

A signing would be considered if the exit operation is successful or if there is a market opportunity (as happened with Camavinga in 2021).

Ancelotti thinks that Casemiro, Kroos and Modric will still be important next season and believes that Valverde, Ceballos and Camavinga are the future. With the six of them, Madrid's 2022-23 midfield is guaranteed to be covered.

Blood Mage

Dortmund are such a well oiled machine when it comes to getting players in.
Its a pity they never seem to compete with Bayern though.
It's because they're happy to be used as a proving ground for talented players looking to eventually get big money moves to top clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.