Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I really like Cavani as a player but he’s been a total waste of millions in wages this season. Sometimes I forget he even plays for us, he’s been injured so much. The perfect pressing forward, but the demands of the PL and his dedication to Uruguay (understandable) has been too much for him to make a valuable, in fact any, contribution this season. Much needed space on the wage bill.

A player I’d have loved us to sign ten years ago. And if he’d left at the end of last season, he’d be a **** hero. Now he’s one half Henrik Larsson and one have Radamel Falcao.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Homegrown quota at play here. Yet, as a squad player, he’s a solid option if he doesn’t cost much. Incredible dead ball delivery and works hard. Not good enough to start for either club, but definitely good enough to be a valuable squad member as a rotational option.

What’s his contract situation?

Infra-red

Homegrown quota at play here. Yet, as a squad player, he’s a solid option if he doesn’t cost much. Incredible dead ball delivery and works hard. Not good enough to start for either club, but definitely good enough to be a valuable squad member as a rotational option.

What’s his contract situation?
Signed a new five-year deal last summer.

He will cost a lot of money this summer.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Signed a new five-year deal last summer.

He will cost a lot of money this summer.
Then avoid. I’d take him for 20-25M. Which is what a decent squad player costs these days, but sounds like Soton would demand 40+ for him. Which is just way too much, and would effect our other dealings.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Wage cuts will be between 40% & 60%.
  • The players that Norwich loaned in, including Ozan Kabak, Billy Gilmour, Matthias Normann, and Brandon Williams, will all return to their club.
  • Expected departures: Max Aarons, Milot Rashica
  • Todd Cantwell is likely to return to Norwich City from his Bournemouth loan spell despite the £10M buy option.
  • Dean Smith will target physical, experienced players for a promotion push.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: L'Équipe
On whether he could have left this winter
I accepted the situation. There were opportunities [to leave]. But we also had the Champions League to play in, my first one. And we were in a good position in Ligue 1. I think these offers will come back.

On whether, as he has said previously, this is his last season with Lille
I’ll see. If things go as planned, then yes. But first of all I want to finish this season well. The club deserves it. After that, we’ll see. I haven’t decided anything.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

You can ignore the text, but in the video you can see Hoffenheim's DoF first say that it's good for them if there is a certain dynamic in the press about their players [David Raum] and the host then asks almost rhetorically "but you can resist that dynamic for another year" to which he answers: hypothetically if a top10 club comes along and offers him 5 times his current wages - "what can you do?"

I didn't expect him to be on the market, because he just joined them 12 months ago, but I guess it actually makes sense, because Raum must be hoping to play a role in the WC and the fact that he has no international experience and Hoffenheim are about to miss even the EL would put him at a disadvantage to say Gosens. Given that he's recorded an absurd amount of assists and started getting called up by Flick there must be a few clubs interested in signing him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Ginter set to return to Freiburg :eek:

Last edited:

James Peril

JWP would be a terrific signing for anything in the region of 40m, in my opinion.
For Aston Villa or similar, for sure! JWP is not a player you sign for United, not even close to being good enough. Liverpool signed Charlie Adam for his set-pieces, see how that turned out and when the set-pieces didn’t turn into goals at all. JWP is mostly free-kicks and corners, his all-round game after that is not the level you want at United.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
For Aston Villa or similar, for sure! JWP is not a player you sign for United, not even close to being good enough. Liverpool signed Charlie Adam for his set-pieces, see how that turned out and when the set-pieces didn’t turn into goals at all. JWP is mostly free-kicks and corners, his all-round game after that is not the level you want at United.
Signs for City does really well.

CAF: WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Have Bayern just sacked their scouting department and outsourced it to Ajax?

Status
Not open for further replies.