Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

17 million?! With the way he's been playing the last few years? Steal.
Yeah, he's not perfect, but young legs in the midfield would help and 17M is nothing. We can probably sell McTominay for close to that to another Prem side.

Blood Mage

Translation: stop signing shite like Maguire, Wan Bissaka and Alex Telles, and start buying players who are good enough to get us back to the top. We really need to get our recruitment spot on over the next few windows.

OleGunnar20

For Aston Villa or similar, for sure! JWP is not a player you sign for United, not even close to being good enough. Liverpool signed Charlie Adam for his set-pieces, see how that turned out and when the set-pieces didn’t turn into goals at all. JWP is mostly free-kicks and corners, his all-round game after that is not the level you want at United.
Fair enough, I disagree and think he'd do particularly well in Eth's midfield. Hard worker, solid box to box ability and appears to have a cracking mentality. Couple that with his set piece contributions and I reckon for 40m he'd be a steal. I mean, that's a DVB these days..

Also I'd bet SAF would have been after him were he still in charge. He's nothing like Charlie Adam.

croadyman

Fair enough, I disagree and think he'd do particularly well in Eth's midfield. Hard worker, solid box to box ability and appears to have a cracking mentality. Couple that with his set piece contributions and I reckon for 40m he'd be a steal. I mean, that's a DVB these days..

Also I'd bet SAF would have been after him were he still in charge. He's nothing like Charlie Adam.
Yeah that was a daft comparison

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It wasn't though. JWP is a worse player than Fred - and it's not even a close thing. He's bang average at everything bar set pieces

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Juve have been introduced as a possible destination for Akanji.

SAF is the GOAT

Manchester United tried to hijack Borussia Dortmund’s upcoming transfer deal with Karim Adeyemi.
The player turned down a top offer (£150k salary per week) as he always wanted to join #BVB. The striker will sign a 5-year-contract without release clause in the coming days. [Patrick Berger]
Although we didn't get him but I'm very happy that we are trying to go on these type of players

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I guess just cut out Dortmund and try and sign them before they go there :lol:

SAF is the GOAT

Manchester United closer and closer to securing the signing of Darwin Nunez from Benfica
The English club presented an offer of 80m euro for the player to Benfica(Pedro Almeida)

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He will supposedly cost beweteen €30m to €40m. A sizeable wage goes along with such a valuation.
160k per week is more than Jordan Henderson earns. It would make him Liverpool’s 6th highest earner. If we’re offering that money to a 20 year old who has played in Austria we are going nowhere and have learned absolutely feck all.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
160k per week is more than Jordan Henderson earns. It would make him Liverpool’s 6th highest earner. If we’re offering that money to a 20 year old who has played in Austria we are going nowhere and have learned absolutely feck all.
Liverpool have made and offer, too?!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sorry, what?
Sorry I was distraced while typing that. I was was confused why you were comparing this to Liverpool's wage structure, so I asked whether they made an offer, too. If the numbers online are to be believed, then the reported offer would have put him in the middle tier at United. That doesn't sound very far fetched to me. Especially since I assume trying to hijack another deal means offering a million or two per year extra.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Sorry I was distraced while typing that. I was was confused why you were comparing this to Liverpool's wage structure, so I asked whether they made an offer, too. If the numbers online are to be believed, then the reported offer would have put him in the middle tier at United. That doesn't sound very far fetched to me. Especially since I assume trying to hijack another deal means offering a million or two per year extra.
I don’t disagree it’s a very United thing to do the past decade. My point is we shouldn’t be offering that wage for a player of this profile and if we are then this new era is going nowhere. I’m hoping it’s nonsense.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Although we didn't get him but I'm very happy that we are trying to go on these type of players
Just posting the Tweet here for those who don't frequent the thread:

On the Adeyemi note, I'm actually not too surprised that we'd go for a last-second bid given our current striker situation, but I guess Dortmund would be a more attractive proposition for him at this time. He'll probably be more comfortable there than he would be in Manchester.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

He was banned due to his involvement in the Beram Kayal transfer from Celtic to Brighton. He initially disclosed that he was working for Brighton but was also working for Kayal, too. In this period of time, Zahavi cannot function as an intermediary in any of the transfers involving English clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.