g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There's something weird about the Tweet that UtdPlug is referring to:

Note: Keven Bader is a Norweigan podcaster based on his Twitter profile's description.

Sport Witness just published an article referring to this exact report. However, there's no mention of Manchester United anywhere in SportBild's report. The only other club mentioned in the passage below is Monaco.

Even Sport Witness's article makes no mention of Manchester United anywhere. Even Get Football News Germany's article also doesn't mention Manchester United. Is there an online Bild article from today that mentions Manchester United, or are people getting misled by Keven Bader? As of now, I'd treat this as fake news. Unfortunately, many United aggregations and even an MEN writer have been publishing Tweets linking us to N'Dicka.

@Damien FYI
Thanks, I've mentioned that on the twitter. Great work. This is why I don't like aggregators.

Blood Mage

Lingard is a decent player if used correctly, shouldn't be a surprise that some notable clubs are interested in him on a free. He's one of many current United players made to look worse than they are by how dysfunctional we've been for so long.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Looks like the exact quote may have come from a BBC News segment, though I can't confirm this.

Mihai

Between 3 and 5 players is not as numerous as the 6 to 10 that Rangnick suggested. And if those kids are aged 17 or 18, they wouldn't be in consideration for competitive games anyway, so wouldn't represent meaningful change for a matchday.
I don't think he meant in one transfer window. I might be wrong though. In any case, 5 players with adequate quality is still numerous imo.

AlexUTD

There's something weird about the Tweet that UtdPlug is referring to:

Note: Keven Bader is a Norweigan podcaster based on his Twitter profile's description.

Sport Witness just published an article referring to this exact report. However, there's no mention of Manchester United anywhere in SportBild's report. The only other club mentioned in the passage below is Monaco.

Even Sport Witness's article makes no mention of Manchester United anywhere. Even Get Football News Germany's article also doesn't mention Manchester United. Is there an online Bild article from today that mentions Manchester United, or are people getting misled by Keven Bader? As of now, I'd treat this as fake news. Unfortunately, many United aggregations and even an MEN writer have been publishing Tweets linking us to N'Dicka.

@Damien FYI
Keven Bader must be swedish,he writes in swedish + i never heard of him. As a Norwegian i would know who he was.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Chelsea might struggle if the sale gets delayed. Liverpool, Real Madrid and PSG are all good fits though and with those three in for him, Monaco must be hopeful of a bidding war.
The 3 behind Kroos, Modric and Casemiro would all have similar profiles which is the thing I don't get about the Madrid links.

Valerdie, Camavinga and Tchoumani all seem like defensive box to box types

Infra-red

The 3 behind Kroos, Modric and Casemiro would all have similar profiles which is the thing I don't get about the Madrid links.

Valerdie, Camavinga and Tchoumani all seem like defensive box to box types
Tchouameni would be a pretty good replacement for Casemiro (now 30). They probably also think that supplementing the midfield with some young, energetic players with a natural tendency to press, will prolong the careers of Modric/Kroos a bit.

AndySmith1990

Some people on here agreed with that stupid way of thinking too.
It's always baffled me that anyone ever tried to argue it was a good idea to extend contracts to "protect value" when we never see any of that value return to the club.

Infra-red

Chelsea arent in the running for anybody, this is so mind feckingly stupid to report.
I expect they'll spend a lot this summer if the sale goes through in sufficient time for them to do so. The new owners will want to buy a few new toys for the fans.

Tarrou

You’d think someone at the club would’ve mentioned to Woody there is no point renewing these contracts as no fecker wants Phil jones et al to be their highest paid player

gajender

You’d think someone at the club would’ve mentioned to Woody there is no point renewing these contracts as no fecker wants Phil jones et al to be their highest paid player
We can blame Woody all we want but United Just extended Fernandes contract with Higher wages despite him stinking the place for more than a year and him still being under a Long Contract so Stupidity hasn't left United along with Woody it seems .

Infra-red

It seems as though Woodward and Judge were given total autonomy by Joel Glazer to make these decisions (with Judge negotiating all transfers and contract extensions and reporting directly in to Woodward, rather than anyone with a football brain).

Judge was obviously rather less keen on having to report in to Murtough and has therefore resigned.

With Woodward and Judge gone, that's two of the three from the nepotistic Bristol Uni/PwC triumvirate out (Arnold still remains, but, unlike the other two, he has always been based in OT rather than Mayfair).

cyberman

I expect they'll spend a lot this summer if the sale goes through in sufficient time for them to do so. The new owners will want to buy a few new toys for the fans.
But they cant be in for anyone yet since the structure just isnt there for them as a club. As Tuchel said, they can only talk amongst themselves about targets and not act on them. I also cant see American investment groups handing over a lot of money but that will be shown in time

cyberman

Why? Chelsea will be sold, investment in the first team is inevitable.
Because nobody has a clue about transfer budgets, wage budgets etc and moves will already be made before the window opens. How can you honestly have a negotiation with any Chelsea representative who aren't authorised to speak on behalf of the actual club? Roman may have gotten around late starts by throwing millions that others wont spend to make up for it but Chelsea aren't that Chelsea anymore.
Its like when the pandemic hit and we heard how nailed on VDB was to Madrid for an entire year before he came to us or Warner to Liverpool etc. These moves are agreed to long before they move. Its a reason why Ten Hag wanted to be Utd manager as soon as possible

Widow

Because nobody has a clue about transfer budgets, wage budgets etc and moves will already be made before the window opens. How can you honestly have a negotiation with any Chelsea representative who aren't authorised to speak on behalf of the actual club? Roman may have gotten around late starts by throwing millions that others wont spend to make up for it but Chelsea aren't that Chelsea anymore.
Its like when the pandemic hit and we heard how nailed on VDB was to Madrid for an entire year before he came to us or Warner to Liverpool etc. These moves are agreed to long before they move. Its a reason why Ten Hag wanted to be Utd manager as soon as possible
I guarantee Chelsea will make moves in the next window. No deal is done until the contract has been signed. Money talks and new signinhs after a takeover is almost certain

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Sometimes the moves are agreed far in advance, other times they aren't and are very much subject to quick changes.

In any other business, if a business is in trouble, or subject to a takeover like my work has just been, you carry on your jobs as normal, that you are employed to do, until something is set in stone. The players and management at Chelsea have been doing that, I don't see why those trying to plan lik wise wont do the same, certainly internally, I'd also suggest still keeping well in touch with agents and that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.